Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wavier JunKie

5.9.13 -- Rays vs. Blue Jays-Gameday Thread (3-9)

28 posts in this topic

Dialing it up to 94-95 here in the first inning.

With 10 of 12 pitches for strikes, 1-2-3 with 2 Ks. Good start. Hope the Coors eruption put some determination into him.

And here we go again. Another Dickey start, another bunch of flat knuckleballs being hit hard.

Everything Blue Jays is cursed this year. They are this seasons Red Sox's. Everything that could possibly go wrong, has gone wrong. And there is no end in sight.

velocity is good tonight. Still not at 95-96 but he's hit 94 a lot and only had a few 91-93mph. Control still not there

It took the idiots long enough to take the clown out of the leadoff hole.

What the hell is he doing grooving a fastball down the middle to Bautista on an 0-2 count??

Batters are hitting over .500 against him with RISP and 2 out. While the velocity dip hurts, some of this is mental - dude has to snap out of it.

As I type that, Encarnacion bloops another RBI single with RISP and 2 out. This is a nightmare.

He's been beating himself up in postgame comments about blowing leads. He looked great in the first, then gets a two-run lead, and promptly looks like crap. I think he's pressing now as soon as he gets a lead.

hahaha I was gonna just leave 3b blank and eat the 0s but I put him in last minute because I saw he was batting sixth so he can't go 0 for 5.

House money from here. He can't do worse than 1 for 4 an the RBI is in the bank.

Well, he got that ERA down to 9 so far. That's far better than his last game. I guess if the Jays get 10 runs, we might at least get a win out of this Cy Young winner.

Price is barely a #3 starter right now nevermind an ace. I thought I was makimg my team unstoppable when I traded for him and pujols but looks like I just made it worse.

At least 3 balls to damn near every batter. Can he hold a lead for even 1 inning?

Did they really rule that infield hit Rajai had an error? He's like the fastest player in the league, he beats that out half the time. Saves Price multiple earnies and cost me a Rajai hit.

Price's velocity has been fine tonight, 93-95 mostly. I know it's tough for owners to stomach the damage he's done to their ratios so far this season, but he really doesn't look far off at all IMO.

can we start worrying yet or are we still going with the "he's going to be fine thing (with lost velocity)?"

He's been just fine tonight. He's gotten no help behind him.

Please anything but extra innings and extra ABs for Lawrie. I got lucky and got a hit and RBI from him. But 1 for 6, 1 for 7 isn't so nice anymore.