Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strahanfan92

Scott Van Slyke 2013 Outlook

27 posts in this topic

I'm simply making this thread cause he's tearing it up in the PCL (.397 9Hrs and 30 rbis). But there's no room in the outfield and it is the PCL.

He's intriguing until you look at his age and potential playing time (not much without an injury).

2 HRs tonight. I think I better do some more research on this guy.

1 person likes this

His minor league numbers over the last 2 years are VERY impressive. PCL and and all. Tore it up in AA too.

No place to play for sure. Why can't someone learn 3rd base? Would he even get the majoirty of OF ab if one of their 3 got hurt or would Puig get the call.

Also, was watching the game. Dude made an incredible sliding catch in RF, might make Top 10 tonight.

His minor league numbers over the last 2 years are VERY impressive. PCL and and all. Tore it up in AA too.

No place to play for sure. Why can't someone learn 3rd base? Would he even get the majoirty of OF ab if one of their 3 got hurt or would Puig get the call.

Also, was watching the game. Dude made an incredible sliding catch in RF, might make Top 10 tonight.

Made #8 :)

They should see what this guy can do. Look at what Goldschmidt's turned into. People thought his numbers were inflated too.

They should see what this guy can do. Look at what Goldschmidt's turned into. People thought his numbers were inflated too.

Didn't Goldy come up from AA, so then no PCL stats?

Scotty could be in line for some consistent PT with Kemp out. I see he's batting cleanup tonight. They're headed to Colorado this weekend, might be an interesting speculative add.

what if they call up Joc Pederson though?

Ethier hasn't played CF since 2007. I'm assuming they only set up the OF like they did tonight because they didn't hear about Kemp's MRI results until it was too late.

Scott Van Slyke hit another HR tonight. That's 5HR, 5 2B, and 4BB in 47AB. His OPS is at .995.

1 person likes this

Picked up, I need homers too bad in my 16 leaguer roto, and with Crawford/Kemp injured, he'll get decent ABs even with Puig up.

Another homer for Scotty tonight, I have to give a shout out. Andy would be proud.

Andy was a baller. Always was a big fan of watching AVS play.

Number 6 tonight baby! I'm personally going to bump this thread every time he goes yard.This is getting a tad bit ridiculous now. He has 14 hits so far...11 of those have been extra base hits, 6 hr + 5 doubles. Anybody in a deep league looking for some pop, I think Scotty's your guy right now

I grabbed him. Appears to be playing everyday until Crawford or Kemp return

dude looks like he should be workin' at Jiffy Lube lmao but he can rake

1 person likes this

Every time I watch him hit he just screams AAAA player to me - we'll see, he may prove me wrong. His swing is reeeeally long and he has a lot going on with his lower half, but the pop is absolutely legit. He'd be a slow pitch softball phenom.

Every time I watch him hit he just screams AAAA player to me - we'll see, he may prove me wrong. His swing is reeeeally long and he has a lot going on with his lower half, but the pop is absolutely legit. He'd be a slow pitch softball phenom.

The last AB against Gregerson was really, really rough. Just got abused by sliders in the dirt. I scooped him up in a deep league when he started getting some more PT and he's been productive. But he definitely will be a player that probably struggles to hit .240 long-term.

The last AB against Gregerson was really, really rough. Just got abused by sliders in the dirt. I scooped him up in a deep league when he started getting some more PT and he's been productive. But he definitely will be a player that probably struggles to hit .240 long-term.

in 2011 and 2012 he hit for average pretty well in the minors. Is 260-270 that crazy? He walked a good amount too.

I think he's a pretty good OF for deep mixed leagues short term. Put him in my lineup this week and he's obviously crushing. I don't think he has great upside or anything, but I feel like he can have a David Murphy type impact on your team. Solid and a great stopgap if you're hurting at OF, but nothing special.

I agree with you here, but he realy does have some nice power. I'm going to ride him out for a few weeks and hope he doesn't get more exposed. First sign of a slump ill drop.

day off vs the lefty Miley.

Why do I own him again? Oh ya, my whole team is injured. Oh well, time to find a different scrub

1 person likes this