Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LyondellBasell

Ricky Nolasco 2013 Outlook

88 posts in this topic

unbelievable ... no thread on Ricky and we're up to May 12... where did all that hype go? down the drain. right. but anyway...

looks like he's actually been good this year. 1.15 Whip. 2 starts this week, home v CIn and home v DBacks.

lols. when a veteran pitcher has a resume of crap, and is having a nice stretch or start to the season, got to trust his resume not his current actions. he's still crap!

Ricky B Ricky

last start: 5 inn. 6 er. 2bb. 7 hits. 5 ks.

today: 8 inn. 1 er. 1bb. 5 hits. 11 ks.

yeah guys like this (ie with crap track records, see Feldman, Scott) i just cannot pickup, regardless of whether they throw like 5 consecutive shutouts (ok maybe i'd have to take a flyer then..) cuz you just know the avalanche is always right around the corner. i''ll gladly see him win a player of the week award or something on someone else's team.

You got to figure the Marlins are trading this guy. His numbers aren't that awful. If he goes to a decent team, preferably in the NL, his 2nd half win totals will go up.

You got to figure the Marlins are trading this guy. His numbers aren't that awful. If he goes to a decent team, preferably in the NL, his 2nd half win totals will go up.

Heard today he could be headed to the Giants. Would make a lot of sense with Vogelsong out a while and some scuffling on their staff, not to mention Zito, Lincecum AND Vogelsong are or likely will be free agents after the season.

studly again last outing... 7.2 inning, 8 hits, no walks, 1 er, 6ks ... guy has been really good overall ... but people are so done with him,

He's been shockingly good this year. Time for folks to add him to their queue of streamers if nothing else.

im on board.... one of the quietest stories of the year playing on an mlb tv near you: Nolasco, the tale of Ricky's Redemption

Does he figure to do well next week?

He has two starts both at home vs the Brew Crew and the Cards. Two teams that beat up on him historically. I have him on my team and I'm really iffy about using him next week, wondering what are everyone's thoughts.

hes had 1 year with a sub 4 ERA could he have broken out at age 30?with a declining k rate except for this year

this weeks matchups suck... he's bad v the brewers and the cardinals

Marlins have to be excited about the Ricky revival knowing they will get top value at the deadline for him. Nolasco and Ruggiano will most likely be a package deal at the deadline.

Is he worth streaming tomorrow @ San Fran?

Was just wondering this. He's been very good for a while now this season and has dominated the Giants in his career... Think I might take a shot.

I sat him and am going with Straily instead and I'm praying that's not a bad decision. He's going against Lincecum so you never know.

the trade rumours are in full effect. If he lands in Baltimore or New York is that a good thing? Best offensive division in baseball. Can Ricky handle the heat of the american league east? He has been pitching well in Miami. Switching to Baltimore lets say, would improve his win chances. Worth a gamble? He is still on the wavier wire in deep leagues.

He hasn't had a good season since 2008, which also happens to be the only good season of his career. I expect a regression to his career averages in the 2nd half especially if he goes to the AL.

i cut pretty ricky after that last 1 strikeout outing in SF ... he's a great streaming weapon in shallower 12 teamers b/c he can put up a big game.

Here is the news about ricky. Does a move to any of these team improve his chances?

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Giants, Dodgers, Rockies and Padres are among the five teams interested in trading for Marlins' right-hander Ricky Nolasco.

With the way he's been pitching lately against weak offences why the eff would anyone start him tonight against Minor on the road. Of course I bench him and he throws his best start of the year. I hate fantasy baseball.