Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sprayy

Tim Hudson 2013 Outlook

53 posts in this topic

Didn't see a thread for this so I'll start one up.

Any thoughts about his start @ arizona today?

He's either good or really bad this year.

I think he's on his last legs. Other than beating the Nats a couple of times, he has not looked good. In particular, he's run out of steam in middle innings too often for my liking.

Dropped him for Kendrick a few wks back. Glad I did.

Sigh, shoulda never made this thread.

Looked awful again. Just not sure if dropable yet.

Anyone like him vs the Twinkies? There's no relevant splits in recent history but not sure how people feel about starting him. I figure the Twins are a decent lineup to throw him out against.

im starting him in a roto league but that's only b/c my ratios are already in the tank and i just need ks wherever i can get em

I was a proponent of his, I'll be dropping him for any better option in 2 leagues.

The only thing he's really had going for him is decent ratios. If he doesn't have that, what's the point.

i stuck with him again this year. a bit of a regret as i passed up on alex cobb to keep him. hindsight dumb move. Atlanta plays well at home. So maybe ill start him for home games.

1 person likes this

the old man still has it ... 7.1 Inn today, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 Hits, 4ks ... definitely better at home

I have him but due to his ERA / Whip, I won't be able to trade him yet I hate to dump him. I'm just starting him at home for now with hopes that the Braves bats help him get wins in close games.

I am starting him today vs the Dodgers (Grenke) just with the high hopes Grenke keeps getting hit and Hudson continues his last games stats. I also need wins this week...

MLB.com's Peter Gammons reports that Tim Hudson has told some former teammates that he thinks he could be traded.

The report comes out of nowhere, as Hudson is a big piece in the rotation of the NL East-leading Braves. Atlanta does have Brandon Beachy (elbow) possibly near a return, but it would certainly be a risk to deal Hudson. It's worth noting that Hudson was pushed back from Friday to Saturday, with the Braves not providing a reason. Gammons lists the Rangers, Red Sox and Giants as clubs that could have interest in the veteran righty.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/2812/tim-hudson

Wow!

Welcome back to the win column Timmy. I'm sure everyone had a good laugh about the crazy trade rumor yesterday and he went out and pitched real well today. Wins and a steady ERA are what makes him valuable in fantasy so hopefully the wins start to pile up after the dry spell

Dude was straight dealing tonight until the 8th. First 2 guys got on, then got a K, then while he was covering 1st on a ground ball Eric Young stepped right on the back of his ankle. EMS is on the field with the trainer, hes been down for at least 5 minutes, and there is a cart coming out for him now. My initial thought is broken ankle. He'll be out for a while.