Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bball961

Reggie Jackson 2013-2014 Season Outlook

230 posts in this topic

With the strong play showcased in the 2013 playoffs, Reggie Jackson has raised some attention.

His post-season stats:

33.5 minutes

13.9 points

4.9 rebounds

3.6 assists

0.45 steals

0.55 blocks

47.9% FG

90.0% FT

1.2 3PM

How do you see him playing in 2013-2014?

He's been really good in the playoff but he's not even top 50 in fantasy sleepers at the pg position. He's playing behind Westgoat the notoriously durable player that commands huge minutes.

You're better off looking at someone that can easily win the starting job. Oh, I don't know Patrick Beverley?

I think he's one of those guys that's better in real life than fantasy. I mean, those aren't exactly eye-popping numbers given that he was playing starter's minutes.

He will be a good handcuff to Westbrook. I dunno if this knee injury could be the start of a run of bad luck for the iron man.

Patrick Beverley's playoff stats:

33.3 minutes

11.8 points

5.5 rebounds

2.8 assists

1.17 steals

0.67 blocks

43.1% FG

100.0% FT

1.3 3PM

Money.

He's already a contender for 6th man of the year and his new situation just bolsters his immense potential.

I'd rank him ahead of the rookie point guards so you can place him in front those guys with the exception of Oladipo. He's a point guard to target in the early-mid 'late' rounds.

This is a player I would hold off on slotting in a draft position until we've seen some pre-season and heard some reports outta the camp.

Definitely one to monitor though.

14/5/3 in the playoffs when Westbrick went down.

Don't forget they lost Martin as well so now there is over 60 extra back court minutes to divide up between Jackson, Lamb and Thabo.

If he is given secondary playmaking responsibilities next to Durant as the point forward I can easily see 15-5-4 with 1.4 stls and .7 blocks in 34 minutes per game.

1 person likes this

Obviously now great situation for owners. Even before the injury news the word was Westbrook was to brought along slowly so Jackson was going to see abit of extra time to begin the season. Where there is smoke there's fire.

I tried to figure out yesterday where he should be drafted now for updated mock. I put him at the top of the ninth below Burke. Probably still too low, he went in the last round in my first league this season. Westbrook I put in the third round with Kobe but could be as low as the fifth with Rondo.

People using the playoffs numbers as an indication isn't that fair to him, he went up against a top 5 defense in Memphis for 5 games. He's going to be playing against a lot lousier and faster paced teams in the regular season so he should have a chance to shine early on. Will he be worth holding onto after that? No one knows but its a possibility if he blows up and Lamb doesn't show much improvement

My projection for the month westbrook misses would be something like 16/4/4.5 with a little over a 3 and a steal a game.

1 person likes this

People using the playoffs numbers as an indication isn't that fair to him, he went up against a top 5 defense in Memphis for 5 games. He's going to be playing against a lot lousier and faster paced teams in the regular season so he should have a chance to shine early on. Will he be worth holding onto after that? No one knows but its a possibility if he blows up and Lamb doesn't show much improvement

My projection for the month westbrook misses would be something like 16/4/4.5 with a little over a 3 and a steal a game.

That's a really good point. Memphis is typically a lousy fantasy matchup for both efficiency stats and counting stats.

29 pts 8 ast 6 reb in 36 mins against 76ers.

I picked him up at the end of my drafts with the intention to flip him based on the hype, but now I might hold onto him, lol.

29 pts 8 ast 6 reb in 36 mins against 76ers.

Damn, that is nasty. Really excited to see him in the regular season now.

If I drafted Westbrook I would def reach for RJ in the later rounds too. Perfect handcuff. Question is, what round? So let's say you took Westbrook in the 3rd rd. What round would you take RJ in?

If I drafted Westbrook I would def reach for RJ in the later rounds too. Perfect handcuff. Question is, what round? So let's say you took Westbrook in the 3rd rd. What round would you take RJ in?

Now Westy is out I would say 3rd for Westy and maybe 8th for RJ.

He probably makes it to the final round of your draft, I've been doing a lot of mocks and nobody has reached for him.

He probably makes it to the final round of your draft, I've been doing a lot of mocks and nobody has reached for him.

But the more preseason he plays the more people start to realize the potential. I doubt he will be going in round 11 and 12 come season start.

1 person likes this