Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holyBrowns

5/16/13 - Mets @ Cardinals Gameday Thread

55 posts in this topic

I feel bad for the Mets lineup, already struggling and now they have to face & beat Waino in order to prevent the sweep. Shoe-in quality start and win for Waino?

I feel bad for the Mets lineup, already struggling and now they have to face & beat Waino in order to prevent the sweep. Shoe-in quality start and win for Waino?

Should be, so hell probably get knocked around. Actually he will probably do what he always does and pitch very well!

Against the Mets (not this lineup- though) he has lost his last three with a little over 7.00 ERA. According to the mad Hungarian anyway.

Wow, yeah looking at his splits they beat him up pretty good last year and in 2010. SSS however.

And Niese has solid numbers against the Cards in 4 career starts against them. Too bad these teams are on different planets right now.

How Ankiel is starting a major league game at this point is beyond me.

Ankiel with a questionable play in center, was playing deep, but still, thought a good center fielder would have caught that. 1 run in for the Cards on a bloop single to right center.

Perfect bunt by Valdespin, got it past the pitcher and the first basemen for a hit.

Ike Davis will probably get a hit now, why not. Some not great contact this inning but Wainwright still getting hurt by it.

As long as he goes 6 Inn and less than 3 ER, I will be pleased with the start. Come on offense get him some runs now..

WAINRIGHT WTF!!! :(

Hes fine. 4 hits allowed, the double was the only real hit of note. A bunt single for Valdespin (risks of carpenter at 3B) and a weak hit to the OF that anyone other than Beltran should have had. The result doesnt look good, but Wainwright is fine.

How is there just a blatant crack in the middle of the wall? Anyone see that ground rule double?

Didnt see it but heard them talk about it. Cardinals defense not playing well today.

At least you can count on Ike Davis to strike out. Now if Duda could do the same that would be great.

Waino's control a little off today, leaving some fastballs up and over the middle.