Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmurphy

Bryce Harper Keeper trade

16 posts in this topic

10 team 5x5 head to head league.

Rules are you can keep any 4 players FOREVER. My keepers this year were Miggy, Harper, Tulo, Upton. Got Wright in the first round.

He offered me Felix Hernandez and Cliff Lee for Harper. I know I probably shouldn't for keeper reasons but this would make my pitching ridiculous this year. He's in last and could be throwing in the towel...

My team:

C-Rosario

1b-Butler

2b-Kipnis

3b-Miggy

ss-Tulo

OF-J. Upton

OF-Harper

OF-Cespedes

UTIL-David Wright

Bench-Carl Crawford

SP - Zimmermann, Bumgarner, Scherzer, Samardzija, Lester, Griffin, B. McCarthy, Cashner

RP - Parnell, Wilhelmson, Bailey

DL-Beachy

HIS TEAM:

C-McCann

1b-Pujols

2b-Kendrick

3b-Machado

ss-Segura

OF-Craig

OF-Beltran

OF-Hamilton

UTIL-Alex Gordon

Bench - John Buck, Wil Myers

SP- Felix, Cliff Lee, Jered Weaver, Dickey, Wandy, Detwiler, Guthrie, Kendrick

RP- Street, Tazawa

Not untouchable but it's going to be like Trout in a redraft or keeper last year where you have to pay a king's ransom to get him and it ultimately isn't worth the price.

If you could get Machado, Segura, and Gordon or any combination of those two plus a kicker, could be good.

Anyone else have an opinion? Is he untouchable?

Not even close to enough when you can keep forever. How would you feel if you dealt 20 year old Miggy to "win now"?

What happens if you don't win?

Your SP is real good without. You're dealing Bryce for overkill.

Horrible idea. Don't do it.

This is the balance in a keeper league.

You want to win now. But, do you want to look back in three years and know you traded the guy who became the best OF in fantasy for two starting pitchers?

I wouldn't do this. Your arms are plenty good enough.

cliff lee is getting old. still pitching good. harper....no way for these two unless you want to try to win this year and if you dont kick yourself for the next so many years in the head.

this is head to head you already have good SP.

Maybe u could trade Miggy for the 2 pitchers? U could move Wright to 3B Crawford to Util. U can cut drop Griffin to balance the trade. I would hate to trade a 20 year old Harper for pitching.

You gotta go for the win when you can, and Harper has slowed down from MVP pace to Very Good pace.

That said, you should extract a king's ransom for Harper, and you are only getting a prince's ransom right now. You should be able to get at least one more player.

I would ask for Pujols as well. If Pujols remains mediocre, he is an even replacement for Billy Butler. If he returns to being Pujols, then your team is monstrously good. You may need to include Butler in the deal to get Pujols.