Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skoodog

Andrei Kirilenko

AK's Potential  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which AK47 do we see this year?

• 2005 AK (15.3 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 4.3 APG, 1.5 SPG, 3.2 BPG
    • 2006 AK (8.3 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 2.9 APG, 1.1 SPG, 2.1 BPG

This was one I couldn't figure out last year - why did he suck so bad? And do you think that this year will be different?

I'm all verklempt! Talk amongst yourselves.

I voted 2006, but only because "2005 and 1/2" wasn't an option. Since he's stuck there, and has said the right things since Jim Rome dubbed him Andrea, I think he works hard to fit into the team concept. I don't see the pts being there for him. I like him to have 4th or 5th round value in 12 teamers, with maybe 11 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, 1.5 stl, 2.5 blk, and his typical average percentages, maybe slightly below in FT%. Maybe he has become the poor man's J-Smoove?

This was one I couldn't figure out last year - why did he suck so bad? And do you think that this year will be different?

i didnt vote b/c i think it will be somewhere in the middle

Chalk it up for another 2005.5 from me. I voted for 06 because if anything, I think he will be closer to those numbers than 05.

AK is not a main offensive weapon for Utah. i think he did so well in the 05-06 season b/c he was one of the main guys.

last year & this year, however, he's contesting for shots w/ the established likes of Boozer, Okur, & Deron Williams.

this is why i believe AK is in for a season akin to the last.

i'll vote for the one that is playing out of position and wont get the scoring /rebounding opportunities he enjoyed in the past cuz of boozer/okur. i dont think he'll ever put up those numbers he did in the past unless he gets traded. what makes his situation even more bleak is that he really hasnt improved/adjusted his game so he could be more productive in his current role.

I think it would be more of the 2005 version, as much as he was crying this off-season he will demand that he be used more in the offense, and if it doesn't happen he'll cry some more and will be traded. Where ever he ends up, he'll produce better numbers and utilize his skills to play under the basket.

I think it would be more of the 2005 version, as much as he was crying this off-season he will demand that he be used more in the offense, and if it doesn't happen he'll cry some more and will be traded. Where ever he ends up, he'll produce better numbers and utilize his skills to play under the basket.

omg

someone was dumb enough to trade you dirk and durant for okur and carmello?

did the league veto?

My vote, like everyone else I suppose, is the average of the two. Still great numbers and good value from where he was drafted this year. still can't go wrong with those great d-fense numbers

I predict he will average 9-8-8-1-5 this year.

Nope, nobody vetoed the trade.. and they are all active managers too.. Looks like a total steal after last night!

Hmmm. That's Kreskin-like MD. How do you do it?

B) well, you're prrrretty close so far... 9/9/8/1/5 w/ 3 to's.

Definitely in between 05-06 numbers, he just won't be able to muster up 15 PPG like he did in 05.

He should have average rebounding numbers around 5-8 and some strong AST numbers in the 3-6 range per game. But that isn't why people drafted him, should be back to hustling on plays and being a 2STL/2BLK per game kind of guy. If he can do that, then we can get back to debating when he dives after a loose ball and gets injured, last year he was doing more crying than playing.

i think he'll be at around 2005 and 1/3. That is, he won't be as good as 2005, but he'll be closer to 2005 then he will 2006. Don't let the other stars on the team make you think he won't be able to get some of the stats. Sure, his points won't be 16 and some, but his assists should be higher than that year, his rebounds will be around 6 to 8, and his blocks and steals will still be there.

Im pretty interested to see how this year pans out for him. Coach SLoan called him a top 10 player in the league when he's playing like his good self.

he'll need either okur or boozer to get in foul trouble every night to put up numbers like he did.

he'll need either okur or boozer to get in foul trouble every night to put up numbers like he did.

Not true. I think he can give games like he did last time out almost nightly.