Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

96mnc

Los Angeles Dodgers 2013 Season Thread

30 posts in this topic

Shockingly, I didn't see a thread for the Dodgers in general for 2013 (if I missed it please delete this thread mods).

Between Hanley's injuries, Kemp's suckiness, Kershaw's awesomeness, Ethier being Ethier, Puig on the far, the bullpen management, and Donnie Baseball on the hottest seat in the game I figure there's plenty to talk about.

Things that have gone right

Carl Crawford looks good so far

Adrian Gonzalez still does not have power but is getting rbi's

Ryu is a bit better than expected

Kershaw is still awesome

AJ Ellis is having another solid year.

THAT'S ALL.

Donnie Baseball has all but signed his walking papers. His recent comments that the team isnt getting the most out of its talent etc speak to the management, not the players. Hes complaining that they built an all star team but they dont play hard enough, arent mentally tough enough etc, that stuff comes from the top. Its his job to get the team ready and get the most out of it, by going on record with that stuff hes all but saying he cant do the job.

I never really understood that hire any way, career AL guy managing in the NL. Didnt seem like a good fit.

This opens up the door for Scioscia!

Halos need Phil Jackson...

1 person likes this

Donnie Baseball has all but signed his walking papers. His recent comments that the team isnt getting the most out of its talent etc speak to the management, not the players. Hes complaining that they built an all star team but they dont play hard enough, arent mentally tough enough etc, that stuff comes from the top. Its his job to get the team ready and get the most out of it, by going on record with that stuff hes all but saying he cant do the job.

I never really understood that hire any way, career AL guy managing in the NL. Didnt seem like a good fit.

I agree and I think a new manager coupled with Hanley coming back and presumably staying healthy/productive could lead to quite a second half turnaround.

Anyway they dl Kemp and bring up puig?

By the sounds of it I would imagine Kemp gets DL'd. Puig would make sense as a call up form that point.

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but the consensus views according to most LA beat writers is that it will be Joc Pederson up next. He is their CF of the future and they don't want Puig playing that position. It has been stated by Colletti and the rest of management already before. Pederson has been a natural CF and also has been every bit as good as Puig. Power, speed and defense....he has it all. I get the whole money thing, but they will not call up Puig just yet to play Kemp's position.

Pederson likely to get the call... hmmm looks like an interesting flier.

Kemps hammy likely only 15 days or more like a month? Anyone have any educated guesses? Don't want to drop someone just for a 2 week pickup but if people think its more like a month injury, I'm going to scoop up Young Joc.

1 person likes this

I'm holding both Joc and Puig for the news but think the Dodgers would make a mistake by not bringing Puig up now to see what he can do.

I think it's time they move Crawford into an RBI spot like at very least #2 in the batting order because 13 RBI's for the year just is not going to cut it from a 20 million dollar ball player and with Ramirez coming back on Monday he can easily slot into the 3 hole.

I think it's time they move Crawford into an RBI spot like at very least #2 in the batting order because 13 RBI's for the year just is not going to cut it from a 20 million dollar ball player and with Ramirez coming back on Monday he can easily slot into the 3 hole.

Who would you bat lead off? Joc?

1 person likes this

Dee Gordon should leadoff!

ya for a high school team
2 people like this

As a Dodger fan, I have a hard time understanding all the love Dee Gordon gets. The guy struggles to hit his weight. As Vin Scully says, "You can't steal first base."

As a Dodger fan, I have a hard time understanding all the love Dee Gordon gets. The guy struggles to hit his weight. As Vin Scully says, "You can't steal first base."

hes a little kid out there. he looks ridiculous

Why couldn't it be Kemp out 6 weeks instead of Stanton? Stanton was getting hot when he got hurt, no one is going to miss Kemp. Sigh.

Here's to hoping Joc gets the call if need be. I love Puig, and I can't wait to see him playing in the show, but the last thing the Dodgers clubhouse needs right now is another distraction that his immaturity can bring. Given that Pederson has put up better numbers so far than Puig, and he plays CF everyday, I think it should be a no brainer. Especially if they can just move Toelleson (sp?) to make room for him.

Here's to hoping Joc gets the call if need be. I love Puig, and I can't wait to see him playing in the show, but the last thing the Dodgers clubhouse needs right now is another distraction that his immaturity can bring. Given that Pederson has put up better numbers so far than Puig, and he plays CF everyday, I think it should be a no brainer. Especially if they can just move Toelleson (sp?) to make room for him.

C'mon, Han-Ram could mentor Puig well. You don't want Puig roaming the streets of LA by himself...It would be the best union since Dre' and Snoop...

Dominca and Cuba, now you now you in trouble...

3 people like this

C'mon, Han-Ram could mentor Puig well. You don't want Puig roaming the streets of LA by himself...It would be the best union since Dre' and Snoop...

Dominca and Cuba, now you now you in trouble...

Classic. Well done.

Looks like the mighty Tony Gwynn Jr. may be getting the call rather than Puig or Pederson. -_-

Way to go, management. Can't say I'm surprised.....