Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Kimble

DJ LeMahieu 2013 Outlook

35 posts in this topic

Yes, with the caveat that Rutledge could be back up quickly. The Rox are hanging tough in the NL West thus far, and they are rightly trying to field their best lineup to keep pace. They cut the cord on Chris Nelson pretty quickly, within the first month of the season if memory serves, and while they were more patient with Rutledge, the move to send him back to AAA is a clear "win now" play. So they will roll with LeMahieu, and I for one think he can be a glue guy for NL only squads. He was hitting .364/.405/.510 with just one homer along with 8/10 SB/CS in 143 ABs at Colorado Springs, and is a career .287 MLB hitter. What you see is what you get-a guy with little pop but can hit for average, and might steal a base or two. His appeal is obviously enhanced playing in Coors, but unless he hits near the top of the order, his value will be limited to NL only leagues.

Final line prediction:

92 gp, .288 BA, 13 2B, 4 HR, 36 RBI, 5 SB

Not thrilling, but perhaps useful to some.

guy has no power and moderate speed... poor man;s scutaro.... no too useful

Who is going to hit in the 2-hole?

Not sure, but if it is LeMahieu, he'd be ownable in 14 team leagues IMO. Def agree with the Scutaro comp, and Scutaro just had a 18 game hit streak...tht's what I like about LeMahieu, he's a consistent hitter.

Believe you mean he was 8 of 10 in SBs, or had an 8/2 SB/CS.

They'd red light him if he was under 50%...

That said, you could do worse for a MI. Avg should be safe, runs plentiful, and Coors does good things for the power, not to mention the gaps are gigantic for XBH. Potential for 10+ SB (if he already had 8 in AAA) and he's not so bad.

Made the swap of him for Rutledge. Didn't expect the demotion of Rutledge at all, but at least it clears up the looming platoon.

In a 14 teamer, with MI and 2 utility slots and daily lineups, having players that start daily is imperitive. While I don't expect much powerwise, runs should be decent.

You could do a lot worse. 290BA, 750OPS, 10SB and a load of runs maybe? I'll give him a try

You could do a lot worse. 290BA, 750OPS, 10SB and a load of runs maybe? I'll give him a try

what size league are you in?

what size league are you in?

Team 1 13 teams, Team 2 is 12 or 13 as well. Had Rutledge on both.

Maybe LeMahieu can show Fowler how to play

:ph34r:

Hitting over .300 with a .375 OBP and 2 SBs already. IMO, if he keeps this up, he could end up near the top of the order, which should bring in the runs.

Weiss loves his defense and gritty playing style, so while there won't be power, this guy could really help in AVG/OBP, Rs, and be above average in SBs.

DJ is now just 4 for 21 (.190) with 7 K's, 1 RBI and 1 run scored since being named the starter. Not exactly the production the Rockies were looking for. Asa a Rockies and Rutledge fan I am hoping they realize they made a mistake and that Josh is back with the team sometime in June.

DJ is now just 4 for 21 (.190) with 7 K's, 1 RBI and 1 run scored since being named the starter. Not exactly the production the Rockies were looking for. Asa a Rockies and Rutledge fan I am hoping they realize they made a mistake and that Josh is back with the team sometime in June.

rutledge is 3 for 13 in triple A.

I'm in a ten team mixed league and have used DJ in spurts - not sure it was totally expected but 8 SB's already make him more useful since you get little to no power.

All in all I like to insert him in the lineup when he's at Coors and my other options (mainly Kipnis or Lowrie) have tough matchups.

If he can hit .285 or better plus provide SB's going forward with the crappy state of MI's I'll take that as a backup

I'm in a ten team mixed league and have used DJ in spurts - not sure it was totally expected but 8 SB's already make him more useful since you get little to no power.

All in all I like to insert him in the lineup when he's at Coors and my other options (mainly Kipnis or Lowrie) have tough matchups.

If he can hit .285 or better plus provide SB's going forward with the crappy state of MI's I'll take that as a backup

He rates as a plus avg and if he keep up the SBs at this rate he basically is Altuve on a better team. Couldn't be happier. Hopefully that average settles out on the .280+ end.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 17, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Welcome to my starting lineup, DJ!

Hitting 2nd today....nice!

If he sticks in the 2 spot (Rutledge to the bottom of the lineup or the bench where he belongs) I will certainly be picking him up.

Welcome to my starting lineup, DJ!

Hitting 2nd today....nice!

If he sticks in the 2 spot (Rutledge to the bottom of the lineup or the bench where he belongs) I will certainly be picking him up.

8 SBs in 86 ABs, and a solid AVG/OBP suggests he could stick. Rutledge is the better fantasy player, but DJ may fit better as a #2 hitter.

surprised he's not getting more love considering people literally ran to pick up Rutledge.

Is this speed legit? High BA, 30-40 SBs, and a ton of runs batting 2nd in COL.

I dont think so. I wouldn't have pegged him for more than 20 over the course of a season. That said, Colorodo is a team that likes to run.