Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rayruuu

John Danks 2013 Outlook

28 posts in this topic

Debut on Friday, curious to see what he's got. Rehab #s not great but I'll keep an eye out

He used to show a lot of potential but just hasn't delivered last few years. His velocity is maxing in the high 80s so he needs to build his arm strength back before he could maybe help in very deep leagues.

But he gets the marlins first time out. It's like another rehab start

Do y'all think he is worth streaming against he Marlins?

No. this is a guy that needs to prove himself. He's average at best when healthy, and his rehab hasn't proven that he's worth considering.

Do y'all think he is worth streaming against he Marlins?

No. this is a guy that needs to prove himself. He's average at best when healthy, and his rehab hasn't proven that he's worth considering.

it is tempting given the marlins, but agreed with the above...i am going to pass with probably the ONLY pitcher right now i'd not put in against MIA (missing in action?)

Dude was pretty mediocre without the shoulder issues.

PASSSSSSSSS

Streaming him tonight but he might be worth a hold (depending on how he does tonight). His next probable starts are Cubs, Mariners, A's, Astros, Twins, and then Mets.

1 person likes this

Wow! His upcoming schedule if there are no rainouts or injuries:

@ChC (interleague - no DH)

@Sea

vs Oak

@Hou

@Min

vs NYM (interleague - with DH)

vs Bal

@TB

That takes us to July which is obviously way too far to accurately predict a schedule but that is just about as amazing a schedule as it gets. Lots of road games but that's not an issue since US Cellular is a hitter's haven.

Why can't any pitchers I own have schedule like that???!

1 person likes this

Dude was pretty mediocre without the shoulder issues.

PASSSSSSSSS

He looked good tonight but I agree with this post.

easy schedule is going to pass him up before he gets into form. I do like him for next season though. I've always thought he's an underrated lefty

one year he showed potential. both him and gavin Floyd. since then does anyone even stream these guys ever. they pitch in the rotation but don't know even if they are used.

this has to be the only pitcher who has pitched now for 5 years consistently and no one uses.

this has to be the only pitcher who has pitched now for 5 years consistently and no one uses.

disagree. He was hurt last year so that's already not consistently pitching but from 2008-11 he was very serviceable. I owned him for 2010 and parts of 2011. No regrets. You could do a lot worse than a healthy John Danks, which unfortunately it doesn't look like he'll be this year

looks like he pitched well today against not a bad oakland offense. anyone going to roll with him next week. he pitched efficiently

looks like he pitched well today against not a bad oakland offense. anyone going to roll with him next week. he pitched efficiently

@Hou so probably. I'm a little torn; honestly he hasn't looked that sharp AND his velocity is still not there despite the early results in the box scores. He could easily have been getting shelled and nobody would be talking about him but I really like him as a solid player so I'm leaning yes

Houston hits .275 vs lefties. I'm not going anywhere near that matchup. He was one of my big touts this week and came through for me. Dropped him and moving on.

I just can't stomach a John Danks ratio blow-up. He nearly pulled that off against the M's.

This guy sucks. Everytime I stream him he gets bombed, then everytime I don't use him he hurls a gem. He is done out of my streamer que.

This guy sucks. Everytime I stream him he gets bombed, then everytime I don't use him he hurls a gem. He is done out of my streamer que.

He's an automatic start against the Mets next week, 4th worst offense vs lefties. I wouldn't drop him. You don't start lefties against Houston.

This start isn't over. He started rough against SEA a couple of weeks ago and ended up with a QS. Danks doesn't walk hitters and doesn't give up hits. He has a 0.97 WHIP. He's a suitable streamer.

The Twins had hit only 10 HR vs lefties all season long. Today they hit 4.

The Twins had hit only 10 HR vs lefties all season long. Today they hit 4.

Part Danks mediocrity and part the Twins being hot/due. Even bad offenses score.

I still think he's a must start against the mets. Mets are just so bad against lefties .

Danks is a suitable streamer because of his low walk totals. Yes he will serve up some jacks but usually with the bases empty. Doubt the Mets launch 4 homers.

His stuff is not very good, where if he misses location, it will get crushed. 10 HRs in 35 innings.

His stuff is not very good, where if he misses location, it will get crushed. 10 HRs in 35 innings.

Yes. This is pretty much who Danks is. But he can string together a ton of consistent starts against mediocre to bad teams which makes him a very very valuable streamer.

Streaming is tough because you rely on these mediocre pitchers against mediocre to bad teams. More often than not mediocre pitchers like Danks will give you a QS or better against those teams. Sometimes you end up with this garbage. You just take it in the chin and move on.

I'm starting him with confidence next week.