Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

parrothead

Grant Green - 2B? Oakland

How much of GG is the PCL? Has he been moving up on the mid-season prospects lists ie seen as legit?Seems like he's going to platoon, at least initially. Doesn't make much sense for re-draft leagues, but deep keeper and dynasty might as well take a flyer if you have a disposable enough roster spot.

How much of GG is the PCL? Has he been moving up on the mid-season prospects lists ie seen as legit?Seems like he's going to platoon, at least initially. Doesn't make much sense for re-draft leagues, but deep keeper and dynasty might as well take a flyer if you have a disposable enough roster spot.

I'm not sure what you're asking. But I don't really think they're going to be platooning him. At least I hope not.

NVM, GG = Grant Green... duh. Ya I dunno, the PCL is definitely an extreme hitters league, but oakland's stadium is also more friendly to righties than lefties. I'm sure there's gonna be a little dropoff to the stats, but I look at a guy like nick franklin and I see what he's doing so far at safeco... so you never know.

I'm not sure what you're asking. But I don't really think they're going to be platooning him. At least I hope not.

From the blog you linked earlier -

Green, a right-handed hitter, is likely to be in a platoon with Eric Sogard; with the Pirates throwing lefty Jeff Locke, that means Green will make his big-league debut tomorrow at PNC Park. The A’s face another lefty, Francisco Liriano, on Wednesday.

Regarding my PCL statement, given it's notorious hitter's league, I always worry about hot hitting prospects coming out and if they're legit.

Green, a right-handed hitter, is likely to be in a platoon with Eric Sogard; with the Pirates throwing lefty Jeff Locke, that means Green will make his big-league debut tomorrow at PNC Park. The A’s face another lefty, Francisco Liriano, on Wednesday.

Regarding my PCL statement, given it's notorious hitter's league, I always worry about hot hitting prospects coming out and if they're legit.

I dunno, I guess I just don't see the 13th overall pick of the 2009 draft getting platooned. If he does get platooned against lefties though, then that's obviously gonna hurt his value.

I dunno, I guess I just don't see the 13th overall pick of the 2009 draft getting platooned. If he does get platooned against lefties though, then that's obviously gonna hurt his value.

He may have been a high draft pick, but that doesn't mean he's a good player. He's 25 years old (nearly 26), had an OPS of .817 in his mostly neutral home park in the PCL while hitting for a more robust .926 OPS in the much more hitter friendly parks around the league. I'm not saying Grant Green is terrible or that he's not at least worth a consideration, but expectations should be kept in check. He has little base running speed, mild power, he plays in a tough park for RH hitters, and he may be platooning because the A's are smart in how they allocate their players' skills on the field.

I'm not bothering with him unless it's a really deep league. I might keep an eye on him just in case, but he doesn't seem to have any really good offensive skillsets based on stats and recent scouting reports.

I dont see too much here although since he will be 2b elgible I guess there will be some value....oh and in his first game at mlb he already got 1 error.

I dont see too much here although since he will be 2b elgible I guess there will be some value....oh and in his first game at mlb he already got 1 error.

Ya... it sucks that he's platooned. It's probably gonna screw with his rhythm at the plate too. Until sogard gets hurt or something, there's no real value there.

Any chace we see him up with A's again this year? Since being sent down he continues to hit. In 3 games he is 7-15 and 2-4 so far tonight. Yes he faltered in a short stint with them, but they can't give up on him based on those few AB's can they? Maybe he gets traded? Just curious what some of you think about him moving forward?

I don't get it, they call him up to start games only against lefties. How is a guy supposed to succeed if you don't play him every day or on most days??? This guy can hit righties also, so I don't understand the mindset. This kid did not get a fair shake imho, and I hope it is possible that he gets dealt before the deadline now where a team could really use a 2nd baseman

Traded to Halos for Callaspo, feels like more salary dump.

That is a possibility I suppose. It's worth noting that Green played some 3B this spring.

Seeing how Kendrick is likely to stay doesn't look like we will see Green anytime soon.

He's getting the call. If anything is remotely serious with Kendrick, this could be a true audition for Green for next year to either play second or third base. Has solid #'s in AAA and I believe that the small sample size with Oakland is not indicative of how good he will be. They allowed him only to play against lefties which seemed like on odd days and that is just not something you do to build up confidence in a youngster to prove himself. He can hit righties and he has hit both sides pretty well at the plate. He has some nice pop and can steal some bags, so hopefully he can showcase himself now with consistent at bats to get the ball rolling with a spot in Anaheim whereas their season is basically over. Good luck GG!!

He's 8 for 13 with two SB's already. Any value to see here. I know he's 26, but do you think 20/15 is feasible?

There's probably some potential here but it would take an injury to the infield. Green could definitely be a decent all around contributor if given a shot.

Any rumors on a callup for Green? He's killing PCL, which isn't much of a surprise. With the injuries to Hamilton/Calhoun, the Angels could move Kendrick to OF. Their lineup looks pretty suspect right now.

Is he going to play the OF and take over for Shuck? What can you expect from him, 15/15 potential if given playing time all year?