Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoMets

leave C spot empty?

8 posts in this topic

so... love my team but m.montero is killing me and no C available in 12 teamer. Team is in sig... Ride it out with Montero batting cleanup 4 dbacks or add gyorko as a backup 4 kipnis during cold streaks and to fill 1 of 2 util spots- which leaves C spot empty? Any thought on this strategy? thanks WHIR

I wouldn't drop Montero. Why not try and trade Miller or another pitcher for a top catcher? Maybe go to a guy that needs saves and trade one of your many closers in a package for someone like Napoli?

Montero has been disappointing, but I think it would be dumb to drop him and leave your C spot open when you could be getting solid production from there.

I guess my real question is ... go with no C for a month or so and try to trade an OF for a solid C?

no that's a terrible idea.your in a H2h league only thing your saving with that is your BA.why not get production in your other 4 categories.

I was in same situation as you, I dropped Montero, couldn't take him anymore, and added Gattis at catcher, even if he only starts a couple times a week and gets a few pinch hit chances it will probably be more than Montero was giving me.

the thing about going without a catche is (which I did for a week) and also DH is average will hurt you but if they get a couple runs and rbi (like lucroy did this week after I dropped him) could help you out in head to head.

if a catcher starts 5-6 games a week and another guy does 3 and out produces him he does do better.

catcher is crappy this year. all of them.

Can you get Yasmani Grandal or is someone stashing him? He is about to come back and has top ten potential.