JohnR

Tyler Glasnow - SP PIT

I'm guessing he finishes out the year in AA, then pitches all next year in AAA with a probable September call up

^I don't think they move that slowly with him. I think he has an outside shot at the show out of spring training, but definitely up come June 2016. You don't waste bullets in the minors if he could get out major league players. And as long as he limits his walks, he can get out major leaguers with his current stuff.

I think he ends up in AAA in the next few weeks and will be in Pittsburgh around next June. That seems to be how they usually go about bringing guys along.

I think he ends up in AAA in the next few weeks and will be in Pittsburgh around next June. That seems to be how they usually go about bringing guys along.

This. Same way they handled Cole.

Well that changes everything, how many AAA innings can he have at this point next year? Close to 200 right? Than he could easily be up at the ASB

Any chance he comes up soon and only pitches for a few games in AAA....the Pirates could use him

Pirates announcers were saying during today's broadcast that it is POSSIBLE, even if it is not likely. The Pirates don't usually do things like that, but a pennant race changes things.

Any chance he comes up soon and only pitches for a few games in AAA....the Pirates could use him

Pirates announcers were saying during today's broadcast that it is POSSIBLE, even if it is not likely. The Pirates don't usually do things like that, but a pennant race changes things.

That's what I heard and that's why I posted the question... ;)

June 2016 is the realistic arrival date. I don't see it happening sooner but I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates use him in a bullpen role in September (as a Pirates fan, not fantasy player) to give him a taste of the majors.

Burnett to the DL with the dreaded elbow inflammation. They picked up JA Happ, but a team in the playoff hunt can't possibly roll Happ, Morton, and Locke out there, can they? Don't they at least have to give Glasnow a look if he continues dominating in Indianapolis?

Burnett to the DL with the dreaded elbow inflammation. They picked up JA Happ, but a team in the playoff hunt can't possibly roll Happ, Morton, and Locke out there, can they? Don't they at least have to give Glasnow a look if he continues dominating in Indianapolis?

If he dominates at triple A, I would say yes there's a chance he starts this year for the bucco's.

AAA debut:

5.1 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K

Couple errors by Indianapolis (1 by Glasnow himself), which explains the 4 R, but 1 ER part of things.

AAA debut:

Couple errors by Indianapolis (1 by Glasnow himself), which explains the 4 R, but 1 ER part of things.

I like that 7 to 1 k to BB. I honestly think we see him this year after two or three more AAA starts. His stuff can get anyone out, he just needs to limit the walks.

AAA debut:

I like that 7 to 1 k to BB. I honestly think we see him this year after two or three more AAA starts. His stuff can get anyone out, he just needs to limit the walks.

Pitt traditionally likes to take their time with top level prospects. McCutch, Cole, and Polanco all were held at AAA. I can't see him being up this year.

Per Rotoworld, it sounds like Burnett's injury is a flexor tendon strain, with no damage to the UCL. Good news for the Buccos and AJ, bad news for Glasnow owners hoping to see something more than a spot start in September.

IMO with PIT in it to win it, they will give Glasnow strong consideration. Each prospect has be viewed on an individual case by case basis. Cole's first taste of AAA was 2012, however he started that season in Bradenton making 13 starts, he ended up making 1 start in AAA. The next season Cole started in AAA and made another 12 starts before his promotion to PIT.

Glasnow pitched a full season in Bradenton (23 starts), and started this season in AA. Actually Glasnow was more dominate than Cole in both Bradenton and AA.

The 2 pitchers are not on the same develop path. Also, with Glasnow stint on the DL (ankle?), his innings are probably still in line to help the Pirates down the stretch and stay around 130-150 IP, only a slight jump from 2014.

TX

I dunno how long the Pirates can keep him down if they start losing games. You are susceptible to go into bad stretches when u have 3/5 of a rotation made up of Morton/Happ/Locke

If Happ has a couple of bad starts, I fully expect them to bring up Glasnow. At least they should. The guy has dominated everywhere hes been and there is no reason he wouldn't at least be better than those 3 at the big league level

Just was able to pick up Glasnow in my farm system...took him just basically off of his scouting report/rank and MILB stats but haven't really read up on him any furthe than that..has he been compared to any MLB pitcher thus far in his career?