Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LILBONEST

Martin Perez 2013 Outlook

73 posts in this topic

time for 2013 Season Outlook. Starting 1st game of the DH Monday

1 person likes this

may be getting recalled soon....anything to see here?

Has been really strong in RR. If he starts next week it's rough given @NYY/CIN. But he's someone to monitor. Nick and Justin haven't lit the world on fire.

may be getting recalled soon....anything to see here?

Has been really strong in RR. If he starts next week it's rough given @NYY/CIN. But he's someone to monitor. Nick and Justin haven't lit the world on fire.

To build upon this, he has been great his last 5 starts in Round Rock, but he hasn't missed a ton of bats. Both Tepesch and Grimm have been dutiful soldiers considering they've been rushed. Martin has been rushed too. I think he gets a lot of undue disappointment but he's still so young. Texas definitely needs a 4th starter (If Ogando would ever get healthy being the #3) and Martin is probably going to get his opportunity. He's done a better job with his control and only has one outing where has had more than 2 BBs. That's encouraging. Not sure he's going be much more than a streamer in standard size leagues b/c of his pedestrian K rates but for dynasty, really deep leagues, or AL leagues he's definitely someone to think about for a speculative add.....

1 person likes this

I don't know why, but I'm drawn to his start Sat. Not expecting the world, but going to give him a shot. Texas is really looking for someone to step up and boost the rotation.

Playing Shelby Miller and the best team in baseball, but inexplicably I'm rolling with him today.

Deserves a shout out, rebounded after a shaky start to pitch an excellent game against arguably the best team in Baseball

A fine effort, to be sure. One thing to bear in mind, though, is that the Cards struggle as a team against left-handers - while they are borderline dominant against RHP.

Perez has the prospect pedigree, and I'd love to see him emerge, but I'd say he's more of a wait-and-see right now. Plus, the K's have simply disappeared from his game this year.

Perez needs to start K'ing more batters to become fantasy relevant in my eyes... His upcoming schedule is also not very good. Cinci, Baltimore, and Detroit are 3 of his next 4 starts. Seattle is the other, which is a good matchup.

If he does well vs Cinci, I think I will make the add.

I live in the DFW area, follow rangers very closely and the Rangers are very high on this kid, so deep leagues, absolutely grab him right now, keep close eye on him in all other leagues. He's not going to be taking that bus ride anytime soon.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 29, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Just grabbed him.. 22 years old, keeper league, let's run.

Kid looks filthy out there, he's just pumping strikes so not many K's but its nothing but 94/95 MPH FB with nice run.

he's on my watch list

looks in line to face Seattle next, or if pushed an extra day, Houston.

A little help - - looking to add him - - any chance he gets send down at some point or is he up for good?

I think he's up for good. Watch Ogando's status (seems to be several weeks away) to see when we find out for sure, but I bet they send down Grimm or Tepesch instead of Perez.

If he stays on course, he'll stay up, no doubt!!! I picked him up this weekend in one of those league's where ya have to be awfully quick on the ww's...y'all are pickin up what I'm puttin down eh lol! I've only had a small glimpse of him on tv, a few innings, but he sure looked good!!!

I think he's up for good. Watch Ogando's status (seems to be several weeks away) to see when we find out for sure, but I bet they send down Grimm or Tepesch instead of Perez.

Ogando is pitching live batting practice on Wednesday. If he gets thru that then he'll go out on rehab. They're tentatively expecting him back after the ASB. Lewis is supposedly around August 1st, but that's much murkier as he says he still doesn't feel great but there is nothing on the MRI's. Grimm is getting close on innings, especially after 5 more probable starts. He'll most likely be sent down if Perez can be functional.....

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, July 3, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Just picked him up. Dropped Kluber for him. Hope I made the right decision

I have this guy on my bench for this week but if he pitches well and next weeks matchups dictate...I'm hoping to put him in over Mr. Kluber.....

I have this guy on my bench for this week but if he pitches well and next weeks matchups dictate...I'm hoping to put him in over Mr. Kluber.....

Seems like Seattle would be a good matchup for him. Watched him the last 2 weeks and picked him up on Monday to start tomorrow