Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Gregory Polanco - OF PIT

The Super 2 rules changed this year. A lot of people think it's around the beginning of July. It would stink to call him up and then find out in three years that you have to pay him more. Especially since the Pirates "discovered" him in his home country for $100k. He owes a lot to the Pirates for giving him this chance.

Are you serious?

The Super 2 rules changed this year. A lot of people think it's around the beginning of July. It would stink to call him up and then find out in three years that you have to pay him more. Especially since the Pirates "discovered" him in his home country for $100k. He owes a lot to the Pirates for giving him this chance.

Wow. Just...

The Super 2 rules changed this year. A lot of people think it's around the beginning of July. It would stink to call him up and then find out in three years that you have to pay him what he is actually worth. Especially since the Pirates "discovered" him in his home country for $100k. He owes a lot to the Pirates for giving him this chance.

FIFY

Pour water on your keyboard

Good point: clearly, Polanco owes a huge debt to the Pirates because no one else could possibly have recognized his talent and he would be destitute if not for their generosity. He owes them so much, in fact, he should happily allow them to circumvent the both the letter and spirit of the labor agreement and artificially suppress his earning power. It'd be a shame if they called him up too soon and had to pay him a larger fraction of his true value over his control years.In reality, I understand why the Bucs are doing what they're doing and it may even be the savvy move if not taken too far. But let's not call it noble, ok?

FCK THE PIRATES. Bunch of scared a$$ b*tches running that team

Yes, I am mad bro

Yeah, I would say all the Pirates are doing now is alienating their fan base and creating ill will toward the player.

LOL!

Not bringing up Gregory Polanco has not alienated the Pirate fan base nor is Polanco so angry that he's not being brought up. He will be brought up shortly that is guaranteed.

I realize we are all fantasy players - there is a huge difference between US being upset that he hasn't been brought up and projecting that on both the organizations fan base and player being angry about it.

Unless, of course you have news stories that point to Pirate fans having an uprising because of this and Polanco expressing anger for not being brought up.

Lol what? If I were a Pirates fan I'd be angry at the team for botching this so badly.

But thank god I'm not a Pirates fan.

there's a huge difference between alienating your fans and fans being angry that he hasn't been brought up yet.

If I was a Pirates fan, I'd totally join the boycott. I REALLY hope he finds a way out of there immediately and takes up a big juicy offer from a rival team.

Alienating the fan base is subjective, I don't think you'd see that in a news story. I'm just saying if you rub enough of your fans the wrong way by not putting the best product out on the field, as an organization you risk doing that. Clearly, they'd be better with GP out there.

It's true that I'm a disgruntled Polanco owner and I'm letting that influence my thought process on this, but an organization can alienate its fan base without the fans bringing picket signs to the stadium. They usually vote with their dollars or call into sports talk shows or whatever.

As for the ill will toward Polanco, I think the organization is clearly showing him they're just concerned with having him as cheaply as possible. I understand that it's a business, but it does send him a message that it's their #1 priority above all else. Maybe "ill will" is too strong of a term to use, but I don't see how he'd be happy about it on the other hand. He's tearing it up in the minors, and the only reason he hasn't been called up yet is because of Super 2 but the Pirates aren't being truthful and up-front about it. Not that we should expect that, I'm just saying I think the player gets a clear sense of the priority there and might feel a bit slighted. It's probably debatable if "ill will" is too strong of a term, but it is frustrating beyond just being a fantasy owner's frustration. I wouldn't be surprised if the frustration is shared by many Pirates fans and by Polanco himself.

so he gonna be up this week or not? i'm leaning yes

Something very interesting might be happening in Pittburgh....

Look who's in RF MT @indyindians at LHV (6/9) d'Arnaud-RF Andino-SS Dickerson-CF Hague-3B Sanchez-C McGuiness-1B Rojas-LF Davis-2B Jackson-P

Bill Brink@BrinkPG 31m

#Pirates scratch Neil Walker from the lineup. No word why. Harrison now playing second, Snider batting 2nd, playing right field.

Look who's in RF MT @indyindians at LHV (6/9) d'Arnaud-RF Andino-SS Dickerson-CF Hague-3B Sanchez-C McGuiness-1B Rojas-LF Davis-2B Jackson-P

Bill Brink@BrinkPG 31m

#Pirates scratch Neil Walker from the lineup. No word why. Harrison now playing second, Snider batting 2nd, playing right field.

Hmmmmmmm

Bill Brink@BrinkPG 31m

Hmmmmmmm

Unless Polanco is playing RF then it isn't interesting news yet.

Bill Brink@BrinkPG 31m

Hmmmmmmm

He's not playing right or left look at the lineup

Our bitchin and moaning might of paid off. I think we will be hearing some news tonight or tomorrow

Bill Brink@BrinkPG 31m

Hmmmmmmm

He's not playing right or left look at the lineup

Ah, well hopefully he is on a plane then to Pittsburgh. Hard telling if it's just a routine day off or not though.

Our bitchin and moaning might of paid off. I think we will be hearing some news tonight or tomorrow

Seriously? You actually think the Pirates front office reads this forum and they are calling up Polanco because of the forum's complaining ... OK then

Seriously? You actually think the Pirates front office reads this forum and they are calling up Polanco because of the forum's complaining ... OK then

The Pirates front office is known to troll around these forums quite often actually...

I thoughti t was pretty obvious that I wasn't being serious <_<