Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Gregory Polanco - OF PIT

How about that beautiful swing making an impact. Cheers to all those in keeper and dynasty leagues!!!

He's the next Yasiel Trout.

He doesn't have the power Puig or Trout have, but he projects to peak at around 20-25 in his prime. Regardless of power, the bat and speed are legit weapons. I think he's going to be Michael Brantley plus 10 in each the HR and speed category. If that makes sense...

This is precisely what I've been telling folks. Think Carlos Gomez - that's Polanco's ceiling. Saying that, that's an awfully nice ceiling to have - but he isn't going to be the next Mike Trout.

So often veteran posters, like yourself, are hesitant to proclaim/project someone to play at a level such as Trout, or others who are called up to the bigs, but with Polanco I don't think it's fair to rule him out of such comparisons to players like Trout. The scouting report on Polanco suggests his approach and his frame could develop into something truly special. Redrafts maybe his power isn't on the Puig/Trout level, but this dude is huge and still growing into his body. I wouldn't be surprised just by looking at him if he grew into a 30-35 HR player, which would see him at a Puig/Trout level..

I understand the hesitancy projecting players, I think the best fantasy managers temper expectations a bit, but I still have my door open thinking it's not impossible to land another player like Trout/Puig. The bar is set high, and many have completely failed in the bigs, but Polanco is the most MLB ready prospect this season and I think he's going to be special.. I'll leave it at that, "special", and I do like the Gomez comparison tho, which would be excellent!

IRRC no one was projecting Trout to have the power he's shown this early in his career. Everyone was saying 25 hr in his peak years. Who's to say Polanco won't do the same? Hard to rule anything out in this day and age the way rookies have been setting the league on fire.

He's the next Yasiel Trout.

He doesn't have the power Puig or Trout have, but he projects to peak at around 20-25 in his prime. Regardless of power, the bat and speed are legit weapons. I think he's going to be Michael Brantley plus 10 in each the HR and speed category. If that makes sense...

This is precisely what I've been telling folks. Think Carlos Gomez - that's Polanco's ceiling. Saying that, that's an awfully nice ceiling to have - but he isn't going to be the next Mike Trout.

So often veteran posters, like yourself, are hesitant to proclaim/project someone to play at a level such as Trout, or others who are called up to the bigs, but with Polanco I don't think it's fair to rule him out of such comparisons to players like Trout. The scouting report on Polanco suggests his approach and his frame could develop into something truly special. Redrafts maybe his power isn't on the Puig/Trout level, but this dude is huge and still growing into his body. I wouldn't be surprised just by looking at him if he grew into a 30-35 HR player, which would see him at a Puig/Trout level..

I understand the hesitancy projecting players, I think the best fantasy managers temper expectations a bit, but I still have my door open thinking it's not impossible to land another player like Trout/Puig. The bar is set high, and many have completely failed in the bigs, but Polanco is the most MLB ready prospect this season and I think he's going to be special.. I'll leave it at that, "special", and I do like the Gomez comparison tho, which would be excellent!

IRRC no one was projecting Trout to have the power he's shown this early in his career. Everyone was saying 25 hr in his peak years. Who's to say Polanco won't do the same? Hard to rule anything out in this day and age the way rookies have been setting the league on fire.

I guess we'll see. Meet me back here in a couple years :)

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, June 21, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by phizzics, June 21, 2014 - No reason given

Cubans aren't mentally lazy, but people who come from communist countries (where effort is not rewarded) can be.

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, June 21, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by phizzics, June 21, 2014 - No reason given

Cubans aren't mentally lazy, but people who come from communist countries (where effort is not rewarded) can be.

Is that you, Jimmy the Greek?