Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Gregory Polanco - OF PIT

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, March 25, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, March 25, 2014 - No reason given

in a deep redraft league I would sit on Polanco over Buxton. As long as he takes care of business at AAA he should be the Pirates everyday RF after Super 2 and he should provide some solid overall counting stats

I have Buxton just sitting on my bench waiting and waiting, should I drop him for Polanco? I'm kind of tempted.....

if its a redraft league, I dont know why someone would own Buxton. Probably need that roster spot and he's probably not going to get called up until september if that.

We only able to keep 4

I have Buxton just sitting on my bench waiting and waiting, should I drop him for Polanco? I'm kind of tempted.....

if its a redraft league, I dont know why someone would own Buxton. Probably need that roster spot and he's probably not going to get called up until september if that.

We only able to keep 4

Then no, Buxton has much more long term upside.

People are sleeping on polanco 6 foot 4 with speed will play with developing power. Target Field will zap most of buxtons over the fence power IMO the gaps will still be there so if you play in a league that counts doubles and triples he'll be a huge asset but most don't. Polanco in his prime could be 25/35 middle of the order type Buxton maybe 15/50 Carl Crawford lead off type all about preference

People are sleeping on polanco 6 foot 4 with speed will play with developing power. Target Field will zap most of buxtons over the fence power IMO the gaps will still be there so if you play in a league that counts doubles and triples he'll be a huge asset but most don't. Polanco in his prime could be 25/35 middle of the order type Buxton maybe 15/50 Carl Crawford lead off type all about preference

PNC is not much better than Target field? Right?

For RH yeah, but he's a lefty, so he has better odds at HR.

Typical pirates. Make the p,ayoffs, sell out all their games. Play in a city that LOVES sports and they are going to let the clowns play RF

If he has power, it'll translate. Target Field plays average for righty power.

For RH yeah, but he's a lefty, so he has better odds at HR.

and Buxton is a RH at Target. I don't neither guy will be affected too much. Maybe take away a few potential Opp HRs for each and more chance for Oppo Doubles and Triples with all the space in the OF..

i am a bit new to the prospect side of the game and analyzing up and coming stars and thus i was wondering if anyone can (or has) break down what they think he can produce like over the next year in terms of power, speed and batting ability along with their assessment of when he enters his prime?

i am a bit new to the prospect side of the game and analyzing up and coming stars and thus i was wondering if anyone can (or has) break down what they think he can produce like over the next year in terms of power, speed and batting ability along with their assessment of when he enters his prime?

With most keeper league settings you're probably not going to have him in his true prime, maybe the front end of it. So you'll most likely have him for his 23/24/25/26 age seasons(maybe more, maybe less), and I think his teammate Marte is a decent statistical comparison, with a bit higher avg and much better eye.

I can see his 2015 going similar to Marte's 2013, .280/12HR/41SB. Overall I think he has more potential than Marte, could be a .290/20/40 guy.

Great read: www.fangraphs.com/blogs/tough-decisions-gregory-polanco/

The writer is Bogfella. Many of you know him.

^ as long as the Pirates continue to win no matter how ugly the wins are they'll leave Polanco in AAA until Super 2 passes

so the chances of getting polanco in the majors before the super 2 (let's say may) aren't that great? i am assuming we will be seeing him around the same time as baez, bradley etc (~june)?

3 for 3 a double and a walk so far tonight...still early in the season but got that avg up to .433

It will be Tabata, Decker. Snider will start right, Marte to CF, and Tabata and Decker will be in LF.. At least thats how I see it playing out

No reason to justify decker over polanco but yeah probably tabata to center Snider in right if cutch were to be dl'd

Gregory Polanco singles and is now 4-for-4 on the night. The @Pirates top prospect is now hitting an even .500 (19-for-38)

@indyindians

Also his second homer of the year tonight. Sleeping giant.

Any chance Polanco will hit for more power than the 15 HR ceiling I see everywhere for him? He's just such a big guy already, I don't get it I guess.

Davros- with his frame and size already I see people saying he could hit 30plus hrs in his prime...the guy is a true 5 tooler who will be a huge asset to any fantasy team for the forseeable future. Once he is called up that is!

Tabata is being helped off of the field after hitting the wall hard on a catch. May not be anything, but boy am I thinking about grabbing Polanco now.