Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doog71

Michael Wacha 2013 Outlook

486 posts in this topic

Cards pulled him from start today in minors, and Gast looks like he's injured.

Here we go!

I think his minor league thread does a great job detailing the positives. I really like the fact he doesn't walk many people. The hits don't mean much because it's the minors and I expect big league hitters to hit his fastball, but the walks are encouraging. I don't like guys who walk the bases loaded.

He's on a great team and if he sticks he could be Lance Lynn 2012. Pitch well enough to win and win a ton of games for fantasy owners.

So the latest RW blurb said something about an innings limit for this guy. Are they just assuming he is gonna stick with the club?

I haven't really heard anything about this being a spot start, 2 week stay, or whatever else it could be. Ideas?

I can't wait to see what this guy can do. First 6 projected starts.

KC

ARI

@CIN

@MIA

CHI

@HOU

KC

ARI

@CIN

@MIA

CHI

@HOU

He is absolutely worth a hold through that stretch. Even if he's roughed up his first start or two. If he makes it to @MIA, CHI, @HOU -- that's likely 3 wins.

Wacha Flocka Flame! Only hopefully this dude is good at what he does because the other one just flat out sucks!

This thread will be at 5+ pages by this afternoon

1 person likes this

I hope he does really well so I can read 8 pages of creative nicknames.

Is it Wacha like Fozzie Bear says "Wakka wakka!" or Wacha like Super Mario would say "Holda my beer and wacha this!"

4 people like this

In a roto league he's a a definite add. H2H, I'd still add, but he won't be there come September, so don't drop anything of decent value for him.

I hope he does really well so I can read 8 pages of creative nicknames.

Hopefully Wacha Walka wont be one of them.

1 person likes this

In a roto league he's a a definite add. H2H, I'd still add, but he won't be there come September, so don't drop anything of decent value for him.

Great point. Sounds like a quick flip.

Lets knock as many of the nicknames out right now and get it over with. Wacha talkin bout Willis?

1 person likes this

My plan is to hopfully sell him off if he strings a couple of good starts together. i love picking up big pitching prospects but they tend to provide little to no value in the playoffs since most of them are put on innings limits.

Lets knock as many of the nicknames out right now and get it over with. Wacha talkin bout Willis?

Obi Wachanobi

2 people like this

KC

ARI

@CIN

@MIA

CHI

@HOU

Don't be surprised if after the Cubs game they skip his rotation spot to minimize his innings if he pitches well his first 4 starts. Not saying they will, but they got quite a few off days in late June, early July.

Is it Wacha like Fozzie Bear says "Wakka wakka!" or Wacha like Super Mario would say "Holda my beer and wacha this!"

I just asked Fozzie, he said "wakka wakka" is the only correct pronunciation. He then threw a pie in my face and made fun of Miss Piggy.

It's not easy being green.

Zappa reference: Wacha Jawakka

1 person likes this

So the latest RW blurb said something about an innings limit for this guy. Are they just assuming he is gonna stick with the club?

I haven't really heard anything about this being a spot start, 2 week stay, or whatever else it could be. Ideas?

Someone posted previously that the GM said in spring training that when Wacha comes up, it's for good.

Also, probably will be on an innings limit. I think someone mentioned 130?

I'd also want to mention if you're in a limited transaction league and have to decide between Wheeler or Wacha, go with Wheeler. Better stuff and has a chance to be pitching in late September.