Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DocJ

2013 Rotoworld Mock Real League

If we don't hear back from him for a few hours what is the protocol?

Pick for him or find someone else?

I sent him an email hours ago to no response.

Technically we made the rule 24 hours then he's skipped until he gets the pick in. If he's MIA too long we may have to have a different owner step in...

I would be willing to shadow draft for someone AFK. I was in the league last year.

I would be willing to shadow draft for someone AFK. I was in the league last year.

Thanks bro, good to know.

Ugh, I lost out on McCoy? That sucks.

I'll make my pick in about 20 minutes. I have two guys right next to each other in rankings and I want to adjust my spreadsheets really quick. I just got out of work.

I'm okay with this idea.

The 24-hour rule for making your pick is in case the electricity goes out or some such infrequent occurrence. It's not meant to be the general rule of thumb for a manager in the league who is completely unresponsive, and hasn't acknowledged that he's even aware that the draft has begun.

I emailed AND PM'ed I Got Lucky (RW username: WesternSociety) a couple hours ago. Included in my PM the link to this thread AND a message stating that it's probably best for him to "check in" real quick and let everyone know he's alive.

Honestly, I was going to do a Roll Call thread in the Yahoo! league forums, but we'd created so many new threads there over the past week it seemed like it would just add clutter. I figured everyone currently in the league was active, but there's a good chance that "I Got Lucky" isn't paying any attention.

So as not to screw the draft over (i.e. "I Got Lucky" doesn't make his 1st round pick within the 24-hour limit, gets skipped until he shows up, but he doesn't show up before his 2nd round pick, so now he's got 2 picks in limbo that are being skipped, then it reaches his pick in the 3rd round, etc...), I suggest that if he hasn't responded by, at latest, the end of his 24-hour period for making his 1st round pick, we replace him with an alternate (no idea who, but there are plenty of active Rotoworld members who would probably be game for at least drafting the team, like bdams19).

Ugh, I lost out on McCoy? That sucks.

I'll make my pick in about 20 minutes. I have two guys right next to each other in rankings and I want to adjust my spreadsheets really quick. I just got out of work.

Heh, I know the feeling. After AP, I had about ~5-9 RB's with really close rankings.

Thought on 1.11 - I'm pretty happy to land McCoy here. Mocks had me landing a good non-PPR RB or reaching for WR. There is some risk here because no one knows what Kelly's offense will look like, but all indications are that it will be run heavy and there's huge upside here.

Thought on 1.11 - I'm pretty happy to land McCoy here. Mocks had me landing a good non-PPR RB or reaching for WR. There is some risk here because no one knows what Kelly's offense will look like, but all indications are that it will be run heavy and there's huge upside here.

That's what took him out of the running for me at pick #5. McCoy was one of the ~5 RB's I was deciding between. Hard to quantify an offense that you've never seen in action before. I do agree about the potential upside, and he did have 1,624 combined yards in 2011 (+20 total TDs). He's never had more than 273 carries (321 total touches in 2011) in a single season, so if Chip Kelly's offense is as high tempo as they say, I'd suggest his injury risk might be slightly higher than some of the other RB's that were taken in Round 1.

It was nitpicking, but I also removed Jamaal Charles from my consideration when splitting hairs, simply because I feel RB's with Ray Rice / MJD / Trent Richardson's build may ultimately be more durable, especially when it comes to the bigger, more violent hits. After having previously owned Jahvid Best in past seasons, I definitely feel "safer" with Ray Rice as my RB1.

I have sent "I Got Lucky" an email of my selection and told him that he is on the clock.

I am writing my pick summary post now, but I am no longer holding up the draft.

Nice.

I say if he doesn't respond by 6pm PST we should have someone shadow pick for him as discussed before, since I'm not sure he's even interested in participating anymore and don't think he even posted once on the Yahoo forum.

What say you guys?

I think we have to stick with the 24 hours as initially promulgated.

Nice.

I say if he doesn't respond by 6pm PST we should have someone shadow pick for him as discussed before, since I'm not sure he's even interested in participating anymore and don't think he even posted once on the Yahoo forum.

What say you guys?

I say we give him until tomorrow morning. Won't be 24 hours but if he hasn't checked in over the last month, then he's out of luck in my opinion.

Agreed. It won't be tough for someone to take over his draft slot though, there were several other members that were interested that I had to turn away.

With the 12th pick in the 2013 Roto World Mock Real League, ZidaneValor selects:

Matt Forte, RB, Chicago Bears

Zidane's Ranking: 9th overall; 8th RB

2013 Projection: 235 rushes for 1074 yards & 5 TDs; 65 receptions for 520 yards & 3 TDs

My 8th overall ranked player was still on the board, but I chose Matt Forte because I believe my 8th overall ranked player could drop to me at Pick #17.

This is a 0.5-PPR pick, as I project a lot of receptions in Forte's future. The TDs have never been there, but I believe 8 is a reasonable expectation after scoring 9 in 2010 and 6 in 2012. I believe 300 touches is a reasonable projection after having 292 touches last year. I believe Forte's "injury prone" label is a little unwarranted as he did not miss a game the first three seasons and only missed one (or one and a half) early last season.

I believe that Forte will have an average for him statline this season with just a few more receptions than his career high of 63. This projection is good enough to place him #9 in my overall rankings, with the potential for some good upside should be play 15 or 16 games, especially if he is able to score some more receiving touchdowns from 10 yards out.

ZidaneValor's Team through Round 1

QB:

RB: Matt Forte

RB:

WR:

WR:

Flex:

Flex:

TE:

Round 1 Recap

Predatory Instinct......... 1.1 Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions

Lexington Steelers......... 1.2 Adrian Peterson, Whole Team, Minnesota Petersons

Romosexual Tendancies...... 1.3 Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Swole Sovrano.............. 1.4 Arian Foster, RB, Houston Texans

THE BATFAVRE............... 1.5 Ray Rice, RB, Baltimore Ravens

#LeatherDaddy.............. 1.6 Jamaal Charles, RB, Kansas City Chiefs

Flint Tropics.............. 1.7 Jimmy Graham, TE, New Orleans Saints

Gordon Gekko............... 1.8 Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks

Blu Exile.................. 1.9 CJ Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills

Straight Cash Homey........ 1.10 Trent Richardson, RB, Cleveland Browns

Detroit Diesels............ 1.11 Shady McCoy, RB, Philadelphia Eagles

ZidaneValor................ 1.12 Matt Forte, RB, Chicago Bears

I Get Lucky................ 1.13

scottdills................. 1.14

^ That's purdy, I'm using that format from now on, everything lines up.

Forte was a player I definitely thought would go earlier than his current ADP in this league. I like that pick.

Agreed. It won't be tough for someone to take over his draft slot though, there were several other members that were interested that I had to turn away.

Fair enough.

See you guys tomorrow!

If he shows up before then, even better.

Good pick. I had a slight hope he would come back around in the 2nd.

I Get Lucky

QB:

RB: Steven Jackson

RB:

WR:

WR:

Flex:

Flex:

TE:

Round 1 Recap

Predatory Instinct......... 1.1 Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions

Lexington Steelers......... 1.2 Adrian Peterson, Whole Team, Minnesota Petersons

Romosexual Tendancies...... 1.3 Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Swole Sovrano.............. 1.4 Arian Foster, RB, Houston Texans

THE BATFAVRE............... 1.5 Ray Rice, RB, Baltimore Ravens

#LeatherDaddy.............. 1.6 Jamaal Charles, RB, Kansas City Chiefs

Flint Tropics.............. 1.7 Jimmy Graham, TE, New Orleans Saints

Gordon Gekko............... 1.8 Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks

Blu Exile.................. 1.9 CJ Spiller, RB, Buffalo Bills

Straight Cash Homey........ 1.10 Trent Richardson, RB, Cleveland Browns

Detroit Diesels............ 1.11 Shady McCoy, RB, Philadelphia Eagles

ZidaneValor................ 1.12 Matt Forte, RB, Chicago Bears

I Get Lucky................ 1.13 Steven Jackson, RB, Atlanta Falcons

scottdills................. 1.14

OTC: scottdills

I am so so curious about SJax this year.

So that makes it 11 RB's selected out of 13 picks so far, not surprising.

Who is deadpool? Are u "Lucky"?

I am "Straight Cash Homey", in honor of the legend, Randy Moss.