Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Ryan Braun Trade Situation (Trade Accepted After News Broke)

23 posts in this topic

I sent out an offer of Adam Jones and Jose Fernandez for Ryan Braun yesterday. He had over 24 hours to accept the trade and never accepted. News broke on the possible suspension and he immediately accepts it before I could properly reassess my stance on the trade. The Commissioner is letting the league decide by veto but since I'm one of the stronger teams, I believe that the league will be bias and side with the other guy, letting the trade go through to make me less competitive.

What, in your opinion, should happen here?

1 person likes this

You just got bent over on this one, and nothing you can do about it. Consider yourself lucky he is letting it go to a vote

2 people like this

You just got bent over on this one, and nothing you can do about it. Consider yourself lucky he is letting it go to a vote

Yeah unfortunately I have to agree with this. That guy does not have to allow you to reassess the trade at all IMO. If the trade was still proposed, and he accepted. That that's the way it is.

help with mine please:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=351309

All trades go through a veto process by default. The veto process for this league is only one day though and there's like three guys who aren't even paying attention anymore.

1 person likes this

yea your pretty much screwed unless it gets vetoed.nothing you can really do about it.the guy was opportunistic.

I disagree completely. If he had accepted the trade prior to the news, I would understand. How is it fair that I get punished for having a job/life and not on the computer 24/7? Lol.

1 person likes this

you disagree because it happened to you.dont tell me you wouldn't of done the same thing.

4 people like this

So if Braun was actually suspended then I would agree that this trade would be overturned by the commish. No need for a vote. But since he isn't suspended and its just an espn story that the mlb is seeking a suspension the trade should still stand. It's unfortunate but he is still an active player. Knowing the appeals process in the mlb and how big this case is, it is very possible suspensions are handed down next season.

Really no different from if he had suffered an injury or actual suspension (this is just news of a possible action coming) while the trade was out there on the table... I'd expect your commish/league to follow whatever they have typically done in this situation.

1 person likes this

you disagree because it happened to you.dont tell me you wouldn't of done the same thing.

I agree

I know guys who never reject a trade and let it just sit there just in case an injury happens, and then pounce on it

Why are you asking us if you aren't willing to accept the answer? It sucks, get over it though. There is no guarantee Braun gets suspended, and he is one of the best fantasy players out there.

And as commissioner of my league I would never let someone pounce on an injury in a trade. If I see that something like that happens I veto the trade immediately. Makes no sense to be so stern and create these weird loopholes. But like I said before he isn't actually suspended so there is no grounds for a veto

I disagree completely. If he had accepted the trade prior to the news, I would understand. How is it fair that I get punished for having a job/life and not on the computer 24/7? Lol.

Thats bush league. If he accepted the trade pre-news, fine, then you are just SOL and Im sure you just chalk it up to bad luck, but accepting a trade after something like this happens is just bad form and a grade A Bush League move. I know what our league does is pretty out-dated in that its a commissioner enter transactions league, post pick ups and trades on the message board, so everything is done over email/text when it comes to trade and offers still need a verification from the other owner.

It would still be unethical for me to wait until the suspension news or a player is injured to click accept. I dealt with a similar situation a few years ago in my fantasy football league where I'm a Commissioner and didn't let the deal go through.

He was opportunistic. Like the others said, you're lucky it goes to a veto. He did not cheat. He just struck gold, schmidt happens.

Part of the fantasy sports world. I agree, if the trade was out there and it was accepted, nothing you can do but hope Braun only misses 50 games. Tough luck but thems the breaks sometimes.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=351307

How can you be certain he was at his computer yesterday? Might have been his first chance to accept/decline your offer.

Why disparage the guy? U made the offer. First off Braun is not suspended 100 games yet. Yes he will be. Look on the bright side maybe Adam jones and Fernandez break their legs tomorrow and u get more games from braun. This is why u don't let trades sit a day.

It is what it is. If you have an offer out there, you have to be willing to accept whatever becomes of it. It's unfortunate you didn't get a chance to cancel it. But the other guy did nothing wrong.

You did dodge a bullet. I agree it was unethical for him to hit accept at that point, but at the same time, you could have rescinded the trade when the news broke. He got to it quicker and it is what it is. Congrats on the veto though.