Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAzE024

Nick Castellanos OF Det

With Andy Dirks being sidelined with an injury for the next couple of days does anything think he gets the call soon?

I would be surprised if he were called because of a day-to-day injury, but stranger things have happened.

With Andy Dirks being sidelined with an injury for the next couple of days does anything think he gets the call soon?

I would be surprised if he were called because of a day-to-day injury, but stranger things have happened.

he's very, very ready. going to be a MLB hitter for a very long time, pure bat with very under-rated power (judging by this thread).

Bring this kid up already....dirks is not getting it done.

My team could use the boost (Tulo :( ) and the kid seems ready. That LF spot is wide open and with that lineup, he will have no pressure.

Any word? There was a lot of talk of him coming up "soon" about a week and a half ago.

Kid has the numbers, quite respectable.

Maybe after the ASB, Tigers lead in the division has shrunk

With the Tigers no longer in the division lead, Castellanos has to be called up here soon, right?!?! He sure look ready in AAA

It's the Tigers. They'll hold out til the last minute possible to give the young prospect a chance as long as a veteran on the roster has a pulse.

Their minors have been ranked pretty close to the bottom in recent years. They tend to trade for experienced guys instead of promoting what they do have. For a guy they relied on in the playoffs last year Garcia has a whole 83 at bats this season.

Castellanos will force their hand eventually but I doubt they make a move without an injury any time soon.

It's actually been rumored that they are willing to trade him or Garcia to get a proven closer.

It's the Tigers. They'll hold out til the last minute possible to give the young prospect a chance as long as a veteran on the roster has a pulse.

Their minors have been ranked pretty close to the bottom in recent years. They tend to trade for experienced guys instead of promoting what they do have. For a guy they relied on in the playoffs last year Garcia has a whole 83 at bats this season.

Castellanos will force their hand eventually but I doubt they make a move without an injury any time soon.

It's actually been rumored that they are willing to trade him or Garcia to get a proven closer.

If their minors are rated that low then Castellanos may be their main chip to get an experienced closer like Papellbon. Or any closer period. And they seem desperate to get that outside closer.

If their minors are rated that low then Castellanos may be their main chip to get an experienced closer like Papellbon. Or any closer period. And they seem desperate to get that outside closer.

When was a the last time that any top-20 prospect was traded straight up for a closer? Dombrowski knows that closers are volatile, there's no way he trades Castellanos for a closer who could not be closing in Detroit in two or three years. Especially since Castellanos will be needed in LF down the stretch. The only people I've seen speculating Castellanos or Garcia straight up for a closer have been fans, not beat writers, local papers, or any indication that this is being considered by the Front Office.

It would be huge for his fantasy value if he gets traded to the Phils and is able to play 3B in a hitter's parks

It would be huge for his fantasy value if he gets traded to the Phils and is able to play 3B in a hitter's parks

Ok, let's stop with this. It would be great for the Phillies but it's not going to happen. They were hesitant even talk about him for J-Upton, and this was when he wasn't doing good and his value was lower than it should have been. He's now raking, hitting .300 and vastly improving his plate discipline, improving his OBP from sub .300 to .374 while making the jump from AA to AAA.

If the Tigers wanted Paplebon, they would have signed him. The Tigers will make a move for a closer, but they will wait for the deadline, and grab someone on the cheap from a team that is out of it...there will be plenty of sellers. They could probably get Kevin Gregg for next to nothing.

Ok, let's stop with this. It would be great for the Phillies but it's not going to happen. They were hesitant even talk about him for J-Upton, and this was when he wasn't doing good and his value was lower than it should have been. He's now raking, hitting .300 and vastly improving his plate discipline, improving his OBP from sub .300 to .374 while making the jump from AA to AAA.

If the Tigers wanted Paplebon, they would have signed him. The Tigers will make a move for a closer, but they will wait for the deadline, and grab someone on the cheap from a team that is out of it...there will be plenty of sellers. They could probably get Kevin Gregg for next to nothing.

I could see him going to Philly for Lee, not Papelbon.

Yes and no. The yes is he would have a great hitter's park. The no because he would just remain at 3B. In Detroit he'd gain OF eligibility.

I could see him going to Philly for Lee, not Papelbon.

Lee isn't a fit in Detroit. They aren't in dire need of starters, and Lee's salary doesn't fit with Detroit's budget.

Yes and no. The yes is he would have a great hitter's park. The no because he would just remain at 3B. In Detroit he'd gain OF eligibility.

I'd rather he keep his 3B eligibility, as his bat will play there much better than it will in the OF.

I'd rather he keep his 3B eligibility, as his bat will play there much better than it will in the OF.

In ESPN leagues he's listed as a 3B. I was saying the added benefit would be the OF eligibility he'd get if the Tigers call him up.

In ESPN leagues he's listed as a 3B. I was saying the added benefit would be the OF eligibility he'd get if the Tigers call him up.

He's listed as 3b in yahoo too. But gaining OF eligability would be cool for this year only i guess. But being traded to a team that would give him a shot at staying at 3b would be even better so he could keep the 3b eligability.

Since just about everyone rostering Nick is playing in a keeper/dynasty league, it's yes and yes to the original post about the possbility of being traded to the Phils and playing 3b.

With Cabrera not playing, Garcia being traded, its got to be time for Castellanos to come up? Right?

With Cabrera not playing, Garcia being traded, its got to be time for Castellanos to come up? Right?

If he wasn't playing like dog s---, he'd probably be up right now. .212/.256/.301 in July.

3 HR in his last 10 games. Does he get called up in Sept ?

I think so especially when the minor league season ends, but I dont think he will see consistent at bats to be worth owning in a re draft league.

I think so especially when the minor league season ends, but I dont think he will see consistent at bats to be worth owning in a re draft league.

This would have been a no brainer in June, but a terrible July and an unimpressive August haven't pushed the issue by any means.

This would have been a no brainer in June, but a terrible July and an unimpressive August haven't pushed the issue by any means.

I still think they bring him up just to get his foot in the door and give him a few at bats here or there when the minor league season is done. He has nothing to gain in the minors when its done, and he could help DET get some depth before the playoffs.