Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

When Thoyer and Boras haggle over the draft's best power bat you shouldn't be surprised at the delay.

As it stands, I could see Bryant coming up for good by the end of 2014. As both a Cubs and Fantasy fan, I hope to God he sticks at third.

When Thoyer and Boras haggle over the draft's best power bat you shouldn't be surprised at the delay.

As it stands, I could see Bryant coming up for good by the end of 2014. As both a Cubs and Fantasy fan, I hope to God he sticks at third.

Same. Cubs absolutely need him there. If not, read through a blog his glove could play up to GG standard in RF. I just hope he makes an impact wherever.

Same. Cubs absolutely need him there. If not, read through a blog his glove could play up to GG standard in RF. I just hope he makes an impact wherever.

I'm less concerned with his glove and position than I am with his ability to hit .280 with 30 homers and 100 rbis.

Just put in the CBS system Today. Where does he rank among the top prospects? Do you think he will stick at third? Can he ever hit for average?

Any news on him? Has he signed yet? I heard he hit 30 homeruns in 60 games, but that he played in a very weak hitter friendly league. Is this true? Any comparisons to other major league hitters who played in his league in college? How did they do in College?

Its a solid college league, but not a great "blue chipper" prospects league. It seems through the years at times, these guys are fall back options for guys and the draft. They are kind of a tweener league in terms of getting talent where they lack a niche, most of the schools are good academically and so if you can get into those and are a really good baseball player you probably opt for some of the elite Pac-12 schools that are solid academics and nationally recognized baseball program, if you are really good but cant get into some of the Pac-12 Stanfords USC UCLA etc, you may opt for the really solid programs at some of the CSU schools like a Fullerton, Long Beach State, San Diego State, Fresno State, etc.

The future for The Cubs is very bright. This guy is probably the biggest piece of that bright future.

Absolutely. The Cubs now appear to have great pieces in place in a variety of different positions. Bryant (3B/RF), Almora (OF), Baez (SS/3B), Soler (OF). You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has any of them outside of a top-40 list. Frankly, in my humble opinion, all 4 belong (and I've seen it) in a top 25 list. I like Alcantara a bit, but nowhere near the rest. He may be a casualty of the other players, and be dealt eventually to obtain pitching. Add other players like Vogelbach and Candelario (though he's struggled), and there are some quality bats throughout. We'll see about arms.

Will the Mike Olt acquisition do anything to the plans for Bryant's future?

1B Rizzo, 2B/SS Castro 2B/SS Baez 3B Bryant RF Soler CF Almora LF Olt? maybe

thats how i see it at least, scary

And they have Arismendy Alcantara.

Olt can apparently really pick it at third. If he can hit well enough to stick in the majors, it wouldn't surprise me to see Bryant move to the OF.

very scary, i see Olt staying at 3rd though and Bryant movin to left.

No Alcantara or Lake in there as well, who could each be great starters.

Still waiting on Josh Vitters!

(sorry, I'm a White Sox fan whose team has no hope or future, just felt like dropping that nugget because, really, I have nothing else)

very scary, i see Olt staying at 3rd though and Bryant movin to left.

Yep this " could" be dominate. Not to mention the Cubs will still get another high draft pick next year as well and hopefully all these kids pan out.

Still waiting on Josh Vitters!

(sorry, I'm a White Sox fan whose team has no hope or future, just felt like dropping that nugget because, really, I have nothing else)

If I told you that Vitters was putting up a .297/.381/.500 line since returning to AAA from injury would that do anything for you?

Hope Olt can hit at least .270 with a few bombs the next couple weeks so he can get up to Chicago and we can see what he can do.

As for Vitters, he really had a solid year at AAA last year, he just sucked about as bad as you could suck in the majors. I think he can potentially be an everyday major leaguer, but he'll never justify his lofty draft spot.

So, since this is the Kris Bryant thread, is anyone going to talk about Kris Bryant?

0-5 with 5 Ks in his Boise debut. Not much to talk about... not something I'm worried about as a fan, because obviously it's the first agme, and nothing to brag about, so it's probably more relevant to talk about the other guys at his position.

Logged his first hit as a Boise Hawk. GR Double, smoked it.

Hopefully the adjustment period nears an end.