Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

By my count, he has now had 5 different up against the wall outs. That includes a 400FT out today. The numbers look pedestrian so far, but he's not going to keep getting this unlucky.

Just hit his fourth HR in 14 games with Boise. Average is .300, but in 15 Hits he has 4 HRs and 5 2Bs.

I know he just got started in the Pros, but being 21 years old, he should start sky rocketing up the organization, right?

Just hit his fourth HR in 14 games with Boise. Average is .300, but in 15 Hits he has 4 HRs and 5 2Bs.

I know he just got started in the Pros, but being 21 years old, he should start sky rocketing up the organization, right?

His was supposed to be the most MLB-ready college bat in the draft, if I remember correctly. I could see him skipping Low-A next year, spending half the season in High-A and then spending the latter half in AA. In theory, yes, he should be a fast riser.

Assuming he produces, I don't see how the Cubs can keep him out of the bigs in 2015. At some point they've got to give the franchise some hope. I think that'll start in 2015.

Bryant is off the wall right now. 4-6 so far over double-header. Gonna be one to watch like a hawk throughout 2014.

Promotion

@7SportsGuy: Kris Bryant, 3rd baseman for @BoiseHawks got called up to Daytona, upper level A league, just now.

Assuming he produces, I don't see how the Cubs can keep him out of the bigs in 2015. At some point they've got to give the franchise some hope. I think that'll start in 2015.

Probably June 2015. Theo is smart and won't start his clock early.

7 of the last 8 Golden Spike winners have played in the Major Leagues within one year of their draft class. There's a reason for that. They are college players/more mature/more seasoned/ready who don't need a lot of seasoning in the minor leagues. If Kris Bryant is still not up and playing on the major league roster by June 2015 then there are serious problems.

If Bryant performs well in AA this year, AZ Fall League he'll get an invite to Spring Training. He'll start the season in AA and if he performs reasonably well there he will bypass AAA. There's no reason Bryant should see time at AAA. I strongly believe Kris Bryant will see time on the big club by June/July of next year.

Do you think it'll be that long? I mean he's already hopped over last years number 1, Albert Almora.

7 of the last 8 Golden Spike winners have played in the Major Leagues within one year of their draft class. There's a reason for that. They are college players/more mature/more seasoned/ready who don't need a lot of seasoning in the minor leagues. If Kris Bryant is still not up and playing on the major league roster by June 2015 then there are serious problems.

If Bryant performs well in AA this year, AZ Fall League he'll get an invite to Spring Training. He'll start the season in AA and if he performs reasonably well there he will bypass AAA. There's no reason Bryant should see time at AAA. I strongly believe Kris Bryant will see time on the big club by June/July of next year.

Agree.....he's most likely to come up in 2014 after the Super 2 deadline (does that still exist next year?). Outside chance he makes the club out of spring training, though the uncertainty around his long term position might hinder things. I'd say he will be the first guy out of the Cub prospects (Soler, Baez, etc....) that makes it to the big leagues.

I don't think starting his clock is a huge issue for the Cubs, as they are prepared to spend money and don't need to be as fiscally prudent as the Rays or other small market team.

Do you think it'll be that long? I mean he's already hopped over last years number 1, Albert Almora.

Almora was an 18 year old high school player. That's why he's jumped him. Almora should see time in the Majors at the earliest in 2015.

Agree.....he's most likely to come up in 2014 after the Super 2 deadline (does that still exist next year?). Outside chance he makes the club out of spring training, though the uncertainty around his long term position might hinder things. I'd say he will be the first guy out of the Cub prospects (Soler, Baez, etc....) that makes it to the big leagues.

I don't think starting his clock is a huge issue for the Cubs, as they are prepared to spend money and don't need to be as fiscally prudent as the Rays or other small market team.

Spot on here. He'll be the first one up out of the new "group" of prospects without a doubt. I don't think starting his clock will be the issue I think the FO will want Bryant to get some sustained at bats on the AA level next year before he's promoted. I think this kid might be the best out of all the Cubs cupboard of top prospects - he has a chance of being REALLY special.

He really has no flaws - hits for average, power/RBI producer/has some speed/very athletic/can play mutliple positions. Unlike Baez - who I think is next in line - who needs to work on his eye and needs to settle into a position.

What is ESPN's policy on adding players to the pool? Bryant isn't to be found..

I'm sure this has been asked elsewhere, but it would take forever to sift through pages of search results.

What is ESPN's policy on adding players to the pool? Bryant isn't to be found..

I'm sure this has been asked elsewhere, but it would take forever to sift through pages of search results.

That's why - even though I like ESPN much better to play on - I don't use ESPN. They have limited minor leaguers and some of them simply aren't on there.

I don't know if I totally agree, but I kind of agree with the above comment about if we don't see him until June/July 2015, then he is having some problems. Longoria was the third draft pick in 2006. He was brought up in early April 2008. Ryan Braun was the 5th pick of the 2005 draft and came up in May of 2007. Those franchises are certainly more inclined to be concerned with service time than the Cubs.

The Cubs franchise needs some life breathed into it. So does this slash and burn rebuild, and Bryant could be that life. Depending on his performance, it might not make sense to keep him there past next June/July. That being said, it is probably more likely you see him up quickly at the start of the 2015 season.

Hit #2 today already. Don't think he'll have any problems at this level at all.

He did K 3 times in the 2nd game. Small sample size between levels but K rate isn't that promising and is going to be a huge factor in how fast he is called up.

Hit #2 today already. Don't think he'll have any problems at this level at all.

He did K 3 times in the 2nd game. Small sample size between levels but K rate isn't that promising and is going to be a huge factor in how fast he is called up.

He's only played three games in Daytona. That's not a small sample size, that;s just ridiculous. His K rate wasn't great in Boise, but he managed to hit upwards of .350 while slugging .692 and an OPS upwards of 1.100 with a 15 game hit streak, despite starting Ice cold.

Batting .353 in High A Advanced now and went 2 for 4 again tonight with a run scored. This kid just continues to hit!!!

2 for 5 tonight w/ a double and RBI...............still trucking at a cool .364 now since his promotion!!