Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

4 walks to 0 strikeouts today. That's more impressive than his homer today.

Buxton officially number 1 prospect, then correa, the Bryant. I expect in first full year.

90 runs 35 homers 90 RBI 275 avg

Ah, so he will be a near-first rounder in his first year. I'm not saying he cant, I just wouldn't bet on it. Baseball is hard.

What do you think he'll go for in auction next year, standard 5x5 $260

Price will depend heavily on two things (that really shouldn't impact it but will):

* if he comes up in September, how he does during that callup, and...

* Spring Training.

It's very possible he won't come up in September, for all the reasons others have already posted.

Which would then leave a big spring as the biggest hype-train opportunity to jack up his ADP/auction price. It could become ridiculous if he launches 6+ HR, especially if any of them are of the moon shot variety.

And of course in any kind of keeper format his auction price would reflect his "Tremendous Upside Potential" as the line goes...

He would go top 20 in a dynasty draft right now. Probably would go in 10th to 11th round in a one year. He will be up for the majority of the year next year.

Tough to say without knowing roster size, keeper vs redraft, league size, and a few other things. Without knowing, I'd say roughly 15-18 in a redraft, a few bucks less if he doesn't start up in April. Keeper league probably 22-25. He could go for a little more though since he's such a high profile prospect, and people love them some hype. Not that he doesn't deserve the hype, but I see it all the time in auction leagues. Some people fall in love with upside and young guys, and will spend a lot to get their guy.

12 K's in his last 6 games. He's not ending the season on a high note from that perspective of his game.

If the Cubs told him he won't be up in September, that might have taken a little enthusiasm out of him. Guy seems to have a good attitude, but even he must get worn down from riding the bus all summer and having other guys get promoted with lesser performances.

Baez is up even though his plate performance is basically Jon Singleton without the walks (UGH!), and Soler was there for only about a month, yet neither has dominated like Bryant.

He shouldn't have picked Scott Boras as an agent if he wanted a fast path to the bigs.

That being said, he is already 22, quite frankly he should get a taste this September, but I think the Cubs want to have a big offseason and bring him up a few weeks into next season.

Price will depend heavily on two things (that really shouldn't impact it but will):

* if he comes up in September, how he does during that callup, and...

* Spring Training.

It's very possible he won't come up in September, for all the reasons others have already posted.

Which would then leave a big spring as the biggest hype-train opportunity to jack up his ADP/auction price. It could become ridiculous if he launches 6+ HR, especially if any of them are of the moon shot variety.

And of course in any kind of keeper format his auction price would reflect his "Tremendous Upside Potential" as the line goes...

In a redraft:

- Known he will be the starting 3B Opening Day - I would say 20ish.

- Gonna start in Minors, Arb Year issue May/June call up- I would say 10

Wouldn't it be awesome if The Cubs just out of the blue called up Bryant. The guy is as MLB ready as any bat in the minors.

Was just about to inquire about that same possibility, FoulLine---could use some depth at 3B for the playoffs and rosters lock tomorrow morning. Was hoping to see some more definitive info, but it seems to be a crap shoot still at this point...

When will we know for sure (I mean we pretty much already know they aren't going to bring him up) . When will the mere possibility be expired? Tomorrow? Tuesday?

Was just about to inquire about that same possibility, FoulLine---could use some depth at 3B for the playoffs and rosters lock tomorrow morning. Was hoping to see some more definitive info, but it seems to be a crap shoot still at this point...

I mean really The Cubs kind of owe it to you and me to help our fantasy teams out a bit. I've put up with years of agony from this organization. But we will see.

I don't see how he's not on the team next year before May.

You said you know he won't be called up, but you want to know his deadline to be just in case? Man, give it a rest. This is a 100% thing. There is literally no point in belaboring the topic any further. That deadline doesn't matter. Just accept the fact and move on.

So you don't know then? My point is what is the actual date after which no one will be called up? That is a salient question when you are considering using waivers on callups.

So you don't know then? My point is what is the actual date after which no one will be called up? That is a salient question when you are considering using waivers on callups.

Today is the last game for the Iowa Cubs, and they aren't in the AAA playoffs. I'd imagine the Cubs start bringing up guys after their game today. If Bryant isn't called up by tomorrow's game, I'd say it would be official that he isn't coming up this year.

First full professional season ends with a .325/.438/.661 slash line, 138 games, 43 homers, 110 RBI, 118 runs, 15 stolen bases, 162 strikeouts, and 86 walks.

It was a nice thing to do, but players do this sort of thing all of the time and it never gets any press. I know a guy who lives in Cedar Rapids who got a game-used broken bat from Joey Votto when he was in the minors. Votto gave it to him after the game - free of charge. Literally happens all of the time.

Call me cynical, but dollars to donuts the guy who wanted Bryant's bat will eventually flip it for money to a hardcore Cubs fan who splurges on stuff like this (if he hasn't already done so) or auction it off to a bunch of hardcore Cubs fans, and that was probably his original intent. Sounded like he was from Vegas and he said he wasn't a Cubs fan.