Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

bryant-trib.jpg

And check out the man's Good Face. Total David Wright, Mr. America, O-Captain-My-Captain face.

Honestly as a die hard Chicago fan I am so glad The Astros showed their incompentance as an organization once again and passed on Kris Bryant for Mark Appel. Appel!!??? He wasn't even the best pitcher in the draft, let alone the best player. Bryant should have been hands down #1 pick by a wide margin.

Gray had better numbers and is a full class younger than Appel. Kris Bryant put up Buster Posey like college numbers with a BBCOR bat. Seriously who has hit 30+ HRs in D1 since the installation of BBCORs? I see Kris Bryant having a Mike Trout like impact on the majors.

For Christ's sake, the D-Cubs better start handing out floaties to the first 3,000 visitors or something.

For Christ's sake, the D-Cubs better start handing out floaties to the first 3,000 visitors or something.

The Cubs' ticket prices are the third most expensive in baseball behind the Yankees and Red Sox. I think it's disgraceful they charge so much for the product they have on the field right now.

Makes you wonder how much they'll charge when they actually field a competitive team in a few years.

The Cubs' ticket prices are the third most expensive in baseball behind the Yankees and Red Sox. I think it's disgraceful they charge so much for the product they have on the field right now.

Makes you wonder how much they'll charge when they actually field a competitive team in a few years.

He meant that the A+ ball team the Daytona Cubs have been rained out something like an absurd 15-20 times so far this year. I can't wait until they can move that team.

He meant that the A+ ball team the Daytona Cubs have been rained out something like an absurd 15-20 times so far this year. I can't wait until they can move that team.

It's ludicrous. When you look at the beginning of August they had to PPD and Cancel about 6 games in 8 days or some crazy number like that. Especially harmful to all of our top level pitchers, who just so happen are ALL in that leagues (Pierce Johnson, CJ Edwards, even Scott freaking Baker) and they get no time to work.

Not only Bryant and our two top pitching prospects,but also Pineyro and Corey Black, who we got in the Scott Hairston deal and Soriano deal respectfully. Both are at least potential upside bullpen arms so its nice to see what they might be able to do.

Yeah, he's so dreamy... :rolleyes:

But ugly girlfriend means no confidence.

http://www.google.co...VCefujE_VyysjM:

Not seriously his girlfriend right?....

No, that's an autistic child...sheesh.

It's ludicrous. When you look at the beginning of August they had to PPD and Cancel about 6 games in 8 days or some crazy number like that. Especially harmful to all of our top level pitchers, who just so happen are ALL in that leagues (Pierce Johnson, CJ Edwards, even Scott freaking Baker) and they get no time to work.

It's been an absurdly rainy summer...hell, YEAR here in Florida.

Yeah The Cubs when owned by the Tribune ran the organization strictly like a business. They went for max profit. They always were in the top 3 in ticket sales / prices, yet always in the bottom quarter in payroll. Their logic was why put out a good product if they were going to sell out anyway?

That is obviously changing now though. The Cubs are going to be a Juggernaut within the next couple of years. I've been calling for a 2017 World Series for over the past year. I'm thinking they might be ready sooner, if Kris Bryant and Javier Baez live up to the potential we are all hoping for.

Good time to be a Cubs fan. I honestly think The Cubs have the #1 and #2 fantasy prospects with Bryant and Baez. Maybe Buxton sneaks in there somewhere, but at least 2 of the top 3.

Also C.J. Edwards will light it up next year, I don't know why he didn't get more respect this year on the prospect rankings? But look what he's doing this year, it is insane and just because I'm on a Cubs farm system rant (best in baseball by far in my opinion) take a peak at Erick Leal. Dude is legit!

Yeah The Cubs when owned by the Tribune ran the organization strictly like a business. They went for max profit. They always were in the top 3 in ticket sales / prices, yet always in the bottom quarter in payroll. Their logic was why put out a good product if they were going to sell out anyway?

That is obviously changing now though. The Cubs are going to be a Juggernaut within the next couple of years. I've been calling for a 2017 World Series for over the past year. I'm thinking they might be ready sooner, if Kris Bryant and Javier Baez live up to the potential we are all hoping for.

Farm system bats are no doubt the best...pitching could definitely be better...CJ Edwards was a nice addition. I like Pittsburghs farm team as well.

Not that it matters too much, but through his first two games in the playoffs Bryant is hitting over .800. He went 2-3 last night with 2 RBI and tonight he is 3-3 with a 2B and 2 RBI.

His numbers compared to Javier Baez through August were:

Javier Baez in Aug: .357/.398/.661 11 2Bs, 8 HRs 7/8 in SBs (at AA)

Kris Bryant in Aug: .381/.438/.762 9 2Bs, 1 3B, 7 HRs (at SS-A & A+)

I'm extremely excited to see what Bryant, Baez, Soler and Almora will be able to do in the AFL.

Kris Bryant starting up in the AFL where he left off in Daytona. 3/6 Yesterday with a double and 1/1 so far today with a HR. If he plays well in the AFL he could very easily start 2014 in AA.

Ho hum. 2 more HRs so far tonight and absolutely destroying the AFL. I think it's a safe bet he starts in AA and sees the bigs by September 2014.

I get that the AFL sample size is tiny, but he's absolutely killed the ball so far. He may or may not be up with the big club in 2014,. but I'd be shocked if he didn't start in AA

For a long time when The Cubs were run by the Tribune, they ran it flat out as a business. Not with the intentions of ever winning, but basically they figured hey we can have just as good of ticket sales as these World Series winning teams but have 40% of the payroll. Great for profitability, but not for winning.

No less than 10 who were polled say Bryant, in particular, is going to be a special player.

“He has total control of the strike zone, is very short to the ball and has power to all fields,” one scout said.

Another added: “It’s not an all-or-nothing swing. It’s very controlled.”

At 6-5, Bryant is drawing comparisons to some of the big third baseman who have played the game, like Troy Glaus. But his wide stance and big home runs -- he just missed hitting three in a game last Friday -- are drawing comparisons to former Cub Dave Kingman.

“I do see that Kingman reference but he controls that barrel a little bit more,” Richardson said.

One scout said he was “shocked” at how agile Bryant is and many don’t see an issue with him playing third base. Some think he could move to first, if needed someday, or of course the outfield.

http://espn.go.com/b...=espnapi_public

Good to hear he's sticking it out at 3rd. 2000 Troy Glaus anyone?

I get that the AFL sample size is tiny, but he's absolutely killed the ball so far. He may or may not be up with the big club in 2014,. but I'd be shocked if he didn't start in AA

I love Bryant and he is killing it, but hopefully for his future he wont win the MVP of the AFL, its kind of like winning the Par-3 contest at the Masters, look at the list of AFL MVP and see if there are any distinguished players on there.

I love Bryant and he is killing it, but hopefully for his future he wont win the MVP of the AFL, its kind of like winning the Par-3 contest at the Masters, look at the list of AFL MVP and see if there are any distinguished players on there.

Wow that list is...impressive?

Tommy Hanson, Dustin Ackley are the biggest names from that list.

Absolutely destroying the AFL. Two more 2Bs and a 3B tonight. He had a .429/.468/.905 slash line going into tonight good for a league leading 1.373OPS.

AFL Offensive Leaders

AVG: Bryant .422

HR: Bryant 5

RBI: Bryant 16

R: Bryant 14

OPS: Bryant 1.404 (2nd is 1.133)

SLG: Bryant .933 (2nd is .651)

Yeah, he's kind of good.