Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

He's going to miss enough games to retain the extra year, but that should be it. As a drafter in single season leagues, it won't impact my evaluation of him a whole lot. Still think he's capable of being a top 8-10 3B, potentially even better.

I'm just making an argument from the money standpoint. How many wins difference can we be talking for three weeks? Of course he's their best option at 3b.

The people rationalizing the move and the Cubs apologists will say it may only affect one game with some sort of cryptic formula determining WAR as evidence, but anyone who really understands baseball will tell you that not having one of your best hitters in the lineup could adversely affect multiple outcomes in a 3-week span.

No one is expecting the Cubs to run away with the NL Central, so it should be a tight race. It's not like they can afford to just throw away games if they want to play in October.

In the grand scheme of things, 3 weeks is very little to wait to gain an extra year of control. He is their best option at 3B, but going 3 weeks without him isn't going to make THAT big of a difference. The pros outweigh the cons.

Provided the MLBPA doesn't stick its nose it it.

Ho hum another home run. As a Baez owner this just makes me want to puke.

People also need to remember: Defense is an important part of the game.

Right now Bryant really doesn't have a position. Everyone keeps calling for him to make the big league club as a third baseman. He's a well below average defensive third baseman right now (read the Wittenmeyer article in the Sun Times today).

He HAS to work on that aspect of his game, and he knows it.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/baseball/7/71/439745/cubs-kris-bryant-cant-field-way-big-leagues

Second homer of the day! Sixth of the spring..... His bat is ready. He's making it difficult for the cubs to send him down. However money always has the final say in this case

Second homer of the day! Sixth of the spring..... His bat is ready. He's making it difficult for the cubs to send him down. However money always has the final say in this case

He's unreal....

Another multi-HR game. His bat will more than make up for any flaws in his defense at third. If Ryan Braun could play an entire season at third base, so can Kris Bryant.

AAA, here he comes!

Another multi-HR game. His bat will more than make up for any flaws in his defense at third. If Ryan Braun could play an entire season at third base, so can Kris Bryant.

Sad thing is I think Bryant is worse defensively at third than Braun was. If we know he can't play third, put him in left field and start making that happen.

Super 2 is the dumbest thing ever. There is no baseball reason why he isn't one of their best 9 players right now.

Super 2 is the dumbest thing ever. There is no baseball reason why he isn't one of their best 9 players right now.

This should be negotiated at the next bargaining agreement. The players should be in more of a position to have more power when it comes to their salaries. The players play the game, not the owners and should not be jerked around like this.

This should be negotiated at the next bargaining agreement. The players should be in more of a position to have more power when it comes to their salaries. The players play the game, not the owners and should not be jerked around like this.

I am sure the owners wished they didn't have to make an economic decision and just play their best dudes. It's just the rules.

I thought they scratched him from the lineup today due to shoulder fatigue?

I thought they scratched him from the lineup today due to shoulder fatigue?

They did - then he came in and went beast mode.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, March 17, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, March 17, 2015 - No reason given

How high should I be taking this guy in a 12 team mixed...

Yeah what round is this guy getting drafted in ?

I was in a first year keeper league with ten teams, I took bryant 3rd overall. I didn't want to risk anyone else nabbing him. I really think he's the next big thing in the league.

I was in a first year keeper league with ten teams, I took bryant 3rd overall. I didn't want to risk anyone else nabbing him. I really think he's the next big thing in the league.

I'm assuming Trout went one. Who went two?

How high should I be taking this guy in a 12 team mixed...

We just started a 12-team Keeper league and Bryant went mid-3rd round in our Inaugural draft

You could have drafted the current best thing at 3 haha. But in a keeper league I think he is going in the 2-3 round area

That's ridiculous. Why would you pass on an established super-star to draft a rookie who will be in the minors to start the year?

I like Bryant more than most, but yeah, that's a crazy reach, even in a keeper league.

In my own keeper league, someone picked up Bryant at the end of last season so he could keep him for 2015. He ended up keeping Bryant, Arenado, and Upton.

Could have also kept Freeman, Bumgarner, Billy Hamilton, Teheran, or Kemp. I for sure would not have kept Bryant and Arenado.

Sorry, I meant to say I took Bryant in the Third Round. not third overall. i had the 10th pick and I took Rizzo and then Rendon

It is ******* unbelievable that he had yet another 2 HR game today. Dude is white-hot like he was last year (especially in Double-A). So much fun to follow.

Actually someone took kershaw number one overall. Trout went second.