Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

so redraft? top 75? im not the guy going to reach but that seems where chris davis is going and think both have similar upside in redraft

im not touching till 100 or so which means I most likely will not get .. o well

ranked 137 on yahoo

consensus 151

edit : not upside considering davis could return top 10 value but similar idk

Super 2 is the dumbest thing ever. There is no baseball reason why he isn't one of their best 9 players right now.

This should be negotiated at the next bargaining agreement. The players should be in more of a position to have more power when it comes to their salaries. The players play the game, not the owners and should not be jerked around like this.

I am sure the owners wished they didn't have to make an economic decision and just play their best dudes. It's just the rules.

Correct. Super-Two was intended to be a way for exceptional players to get more money/service time considerations. Instead, its being (ab)used as a barrier. Something the players wanted with unintended consequences.

Super 2 is an abomination.

Players get screwed by getting a delayed debut in the majors, and a delayed payday. Fans get robbed of seeing their teams best players. Teams field inferior rosters because they don't have their best 25 guys up at all times, all in an effort to save money. The players lose and the fans lose; teams save money by sacrificing 2 months in the short run for a full season in the long run. It's so stupid.

Super 2 is an abomination.

Players get screwed by getting a delayed debut in the majors, and a delayed payday. Fans get robbed of seeing their teams best players. Teams field inferior rosters because they don't have their best 25 guys up at all times, all in an effort to save money. The players lose and the fans lose; teams save money by sacrificing 2 months in the short run for a full season in the long run. It's so stupid.

To add to this, do you think it adds any loyalty to players that are held back because of the super two? Most likely not. Look at bryce harper, a boras client as well, do you think he's gonna stick around with the nationals when he finally becomes a free agent? Likely not. The nationals will likely have to pony up big time to keep him for the eventually breakout. Keeping bryant down in the minors will not create loyalty to the cubs, and the cubs will have to cough up big time dough just to keep bryant from reaching free agency.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, March 17, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, March 17, 2015 - No reason given

12 team H2H I am targetting him in the 5th fwiw

the players during that 50-70 range don't inspire me all that much.

I usually grab an elite closer (Chapman, Holland) in the 5th but I am thinking I can wait a round for a closer, and get a top 3 3B from May on

So much for any chance of him flying under the radar.

yea most number 1 prospects don't fly under the radar

When your minor league thread is over 50pp not so much.

I'd probably put him in the 4th round in a keeper league.

When your minor league thread is over 50pp not so much.

I'd probably put him in the 4th round in a keeper league.

In a keep forever league I'd consider third. Depends on how many you keep. But I have no problem slightly reaching for a guy like him or Arenado.

He's a number 1 overall prospect...

He's a number 1 overall prospect...

I think where he's coming from is if Bryant came out and was meh in spring and made the Cubs decision to send him to AAA easy, Bryant wouldn't be flying off the shelves in drafts. Instead, he's going ballistic, and now owners everywhere are scooping him up mega early.

I own Bryant as a prospect in my dynasty (thank you, injuries and wasted season!) with a system where I can essentially keep him forever but with increasing pricing. It's scary to think how much I could potentially get in a trade right now, and it's scarier to think that even the best of offers might not be enough.

I think the idea of Bryant NOT having a great spring was a pipe dream in the first place.

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, March 16, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phizzics, March 16, 2015 - No reason given

It's sad that the Cubs were probably half-hoping he would have a bad spring to make the move back to AAA more palatable to the fans.

Not going to happen!

It's sad that the Cubs were probably half-hoping he would have a bad spring to make the move back to AAA more palatable to the fans.

Not going to happen!

Eh, maybe they hope he wouldn't scorch like this, but I dont think they hoped he had a bad spring.

Not going to happen!

Yes - you're right. Two of the most accomplished FO men in baseball were hoping one of their top prospects, someone who is going to lead their franchise for the next 10-15 years, was going to have a bad Spring Training.

I'd make a bet they are beyond ecstatic that he's doing well this Spring and could care less about fan "backlash" if they chose to start him at AAA. They're probably more concerned about the future health of the franchise. Just a hunch.

In fact, there's been very minimal "uproar" (if at all) about Bryant possibly starting in AAA this season.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, March 16, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, March 16, 2015 - No reason given

Trading Adam Jones for Bryant and Henry Owens last year could've been the gutsiest yet best move I've ever made.

Not going to happen!

Yes - you're right. Two of the most accomplished FO men in baseball were hoping one of their top prospects, someone who is going to lead their franchise for the next 10-15 years, was going to have a bad Spring Training.

I'd make a bet they are beyond ecstatic that he's doing well this Spring and could care less about fan "backlash" if they chose to start him at AAA. They're probably more concerned about the future health of the franchise. Just a hunch.

In fact, there's been very minimal "uproar" (if at all) about Bryant possibly starting in AAA this season.

That's because the season hasn't started yet and Bryant hasn't been sent down yet, my unbiased, objective friend. If the Cubs struggle out the gate, rest assured: there will be backlash.

Not going to happen!

That's because the season hasn't started yet and Bryant hasn't been sent down yet, my unbiased, objective friend. If the Cubs struggle out the gate, rest assured: there will be backlash.

Just a hunch: Theo/Jed are more concerned about the health of the franchise vs. a supposed "backlash" from fans. And I'm fairly confident that's a very unbiased statement.

Not going to happen!

Just a hunch: Theo/Jed are more concerned about the health of the franchise vs. a supposed "backlash" from fans.

This is a red herring. His health is not pertinent to this discussion. Everyone in every organization wants to be healthy when Spring Training is over.

This is a red herring. His health is not pertinent to this discussion. Everyone in every organization wants to be healthy when Spring Training is over.

As I mentioned in another post/player thread - actually read what I posted again.

First, you should read what you wrote again. Because bringing up his health was pointless. I'll give you an example of what you just did.

"People will be pissed when the government raises taxes. There will be backlash."

"I'm pretty sure the government is more concerned about ISIS than backlash over taxes."

You kinda, sorta deflected.

First, you should read what you wrote again. Because bringing up his health was pointless. I'll give you an example of what you just did.

"People will be pissed when the government raises taxes. There will be backlash."

"I'm pretty sure the government is more concerned about ISIS than backlash over taxes."

Please actually READ what I posted again. I didn't mention HIS health, once.

You said the "health of the franchise" after we were talking specifically about Bryant. That's pretty ambiguous. Bryant is a franchise player. That's how I interpreted it. Learn how to read? You should learn how to write.

We are clearly on different wavelengths. Admittedly, I glossed over what you posted earlier in that other thread. But in this thread, you're not doing yourself any favors getting your point across.

Long story short, we really don't like each other.

You said the "health of the franchise." That's pretty ambiguous. Bryant is a franchise player. That's how I interpreted it. Learn how to read? You should learn how to write.

HEALTH OF THE FRANCHISE. It has NOTHING to do with HIS health.

Health of the franchise = determining how bringing Bryant up North with the club will affect his long-term success and the overall health of the franchise. Bringing up Bryant too early, having him fail and never having him recover might be very uneahtly for the Cubs franchise. Bringing up Bryant in April, having him lead them to a NL championship would be very healthy for the franchise.

Health of Kris Byrant = breaking an arm tomorrow.

Similar to our discussion about Addision Russell:

Me: I'm sky high on Addison Russell

You: I'm not surprised you're sky high on Billy McKinney

Ther'e a huge difference. It's not remotely ambiguous. Think I know how to write just fine.

I just admitted I glossed over what you said about McKinney and Russell. I, at least, can admit when I've made a mistake.

"The health of the franchise" is not something people say very often, if at all. It is, in point of fact, extremely ambiguous under the circumstances.