Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

I am as high on Bryant as anyone but he is still going to be drafted higher than I would want to.

this kid is simply insane. small sample size so far, yes, but those numbers are just crazy. it's going to be a damn shame if he is sent back down to AAA until may.

More likely couple of weeks into April. I believe he only needs to go down for 12 games.

from my interpretation it's not games it's physical days and I believe the number is around 17.

Is that really how it works? its still basically half a month though.

Its 12 days, or 9 Cubs games. He should be up April 17th against the Padres, although they may want to start him on the road in which case he's not up until Monday the 20th in Pittsburgh.

This kid is using up all his HR quota in spring training, damn it.

Watch him hit .250 when games matter :(

.250 is about right and that's pretty good for a rookie who will hit 30 homers.

I think it has to be a few days after the minimum or they'd have a grievance filed by mlbpa for being too blatantly obvious

I think it has to be a few days after the minimum or they'd have a grievance filed by mlbpa for being too blatantly obvious

What do you mean? I believe the service time was agreed upon in the bargaining agreement, there is nothing the mlbpa can do.

What do you mean? I believe the service time was agreed upon in the bargaining agreement, there is nothing the mlbpa can do.

The Player's association doesn't care about rookies. They are not helping out a bunch of unproven players (who are not in their association yet) take more money from thier pot.

Anyone know if he is gonna be in the lineup today? Cubs are gonna be on TV in Chicago today and want to see this man hit.

Are we talking Mike Trout Rookie Year-esque success now?

Are we talking Mike Trout Rookie Year-esque success now?

1% or less. Trout was the #1 player in an abridged season.

This kid is using up all his HR quota in spring training, damn it.

Watch him hit .250 when games matter :(

.250 is probably a good projection. You draft for the homers, not for batting average.

When Bryant is recalled or starts the season in the Major Leagues where in the lineup does everyone think he will hit?

He was drafted #53 overall in my 5x5 money league last night...his ADP should be in the 30's by the end of this week if it is not already

Went #78 in my money draft this last Saturday. But I do agree his adp is only going up with every home run he keeps hitting.

He went for $21 in my 14 team redraft auction last night ($260 budget). Too high for my blood in a rookie season, but honestly, I could definitely make the argument he's worth it.

He's up to 8 home runs in 25 (!) at bats. It's almost borderline laughable what he's doing right now. As a dynasty owner who's going to have 4 years of this guy at $1.5 in a $100 budget, I'm pinching myself because I'm so excited.

He went for $21 in my 14 team redraft auction last night ($260 budget). Too high for my blood in a rookie season, but honestly, I could definitely make the argument he's worth it.

He's up to 8 home runs in 25 (!) at bats. It's almost borderline laughable what he's doing right now. As a dynasty owner who's going to have 4 years of this guy at $1.5 in a $100 budget, I'm pinching myself because I'm so excited.

He's going to be fun to own, and I'm all for taking risks, but 3b is just deep and I'm not on board with 20 bucks. If he goes 30 HR and hits 255 (which is closer to his ceiling for the year), thats awesome but I don't think that wins you the league. So I'm finding it hard to get him when the price is so high.

For however many leagues Trout won people in 2012 (and I don't think Bryant has a shot to match that production), if Trout would have cost people 20 bucks or the round equivalent.... a lot less people would have won their leagues. No doubt that still would have bee an amazing pick still.

He's going to be fun to own, and I'm all for taking risks, but 3b is just deep and I'm not on board with 20 bucks. If he goes 30 HR and hits 255 (which is closer to his ceiling for the year), thats awesome but I don't think that wins you the league. So I'm finding it hard to get him when the price is so high.

For however many leagues Trout won people in 2012 (and I don't think Bryant has a shot to match that production), if Trout would have cost people 20 bucks or the round equivalent.... a lot less people would have won their leagues. No doubt that still would have bee an amazing pick still.

Totally agree, which is why I wasn't the guy paying the bill. The breakout guys only help you win your league if you're paying a price that allows them to be a breakout. Bryant is a great player and there's no doubt he can be a fantasy asset, but by paying $20 you're not leaving yourself with much room for profit.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, March 23, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, March 23, 2015 - No reason given

Geeze it's laughable how I came about acquiring bryant last year in my long time dynasty league. During last year's prospect draft, I traded desmond jennings for the 6th pick, which I wisely used for bryant :)

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, March 23, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, March 23, 2015 - No reason given

Geeze it's laughable how I came about acquiring bryant last year in my long time dynasty league. During last year's prospect draft, I traded desmond jennings for the 6th pick, which I wisely used for bryant :)

I'll add. Keep forever, 20 keepers, no price tags on players. Just had an auction for the innagural draft so whoever wanted Trout etc had to pay and not just get lucky. Also an OBP league. I got Bryant for $4 out of 260, Soler for $2. I was decently close to placing last year too, so just adding those guys to my squad this year is going to be a huge boost

- In kicking myself: In my 10 team, small money keeper league, we have a 9/1 deadline to pick up players who could be kept. I picked up Soler but didn't pick up Bryant.

- Saying that... 60 total keepers off the board in this league. What round should I consider taking Bryant?

Ppl forget that Trout had the best rookie season in a century. Expecting anybody to match it is crazy.

If Bryant is getting up to into the top 40 or so picks in redrafts then there just isn't any reason to take him. The risk is so much higher than the reward at that point. In a keeper or new dynasty league though.....

Ppl forget that Trout had the best rookie season in a century. Expecting anybody to match it is crazy.

Fred Lynn says hi. Ichiro also gives a smile your way, but understands that he wasn't a proper rookie.

<the only two players ever to win RoY and MVP in the same season>

To people afraid to pay a high price for him but really want him:

Say screw it and take him when you feel you need to (if it's a keeper you grab him way earlier obviously) and just enjoy it. Far too seldom in fantasy do I see the word "enjoy". Well, my philosophy in fantasy has always been draft a guy when you see fit if you really want him. So what if he puts up numbers below his ADP? If you enjoy owning him and watching his AB's, that's all that matters.

Remember that, kids. If you want the kid to enjoy the wild ride, pick him when you think you need to. Fantasy Baseball is a long season, you can certainly rebound from a bad 5th rounder or wherever you want to reach for him. Don't let others sway your decision if you want the guy on your team.

Say screw it and take him when you feel you need to (if it's a keeper you grab him way earlier obviously) and just enjoy it. Far too seldom in fantasy do I see the word "enjoy". Well, my philosophy in fantasy has always been draft a guy when you see fit if you really want him. So what if he puts up numbers below his ADP? If you enjoy owning him and watching his AB's, that's all that matters.

Really? I love fantasy baseball. I'll enjoy it regardless of having Bryant.

If he puts up numbers below his ADP, then it's probably a bad pick, meaning someone was a better pick. All my leagues are for money,. I'll enjoy it no matter what, I rather just win.

Nah, if you like watching him, I wouldn't reach for him. It's easy to go from loving watching a player to hating him because he is underperforming your draft expectations!