Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

He went for $21 in my 14 team redraft auction last night ($260 budget). Too high for my blood in a rookie season, but honestly, I could definitely make the argument he's worth it.

He's up to 8 home runs in 25 (!) at bats. It's almost borderline laughable what he's doing right now. As a dynasty owner who's going to have 4 years of this guy at $1.5 in a $100 budget, I'm pinching myself because I'm so excited.

He's going to be fun to own, and I'm all for taking risks, but 3b is just deep and I'm not on board with 20 bucks. If he goes 30 HR and hits 255 (which is closer to his ceiling for the year), thats awesome but I don't think that wins you the league. So I'm finding it hard to get him when the price is so high.

For however many leagues Trout won people in 2012 (and I don't think Bryant has a shot to match that production), if Trout would have cost people 20 bucks or the round equivalent.... a lot less people would have won their leagues. No doubt that still would have bee an amazing pick still.

Ppl forget that Trout had the best rookie season in a century. Expecting anybody to match it is crazy.

Fred Lynn says hi. Ichiro also gives a smile your way, but understands that he wasn't a proper rookie.

<the only two players ever to win RoY and MVP in the same season>

The guys with the 7.1fWAR and 6.0fWAR bow down to Mike Trout's 10.3fWAR. It's not particularly close. It's not Trout's fault MVP voters are decades behind.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, March 31, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, March 31, 2015 - No reason given

#24 overall in my Chicagoland redraft. Don't ask me but I won't complain. I was gonna reach in round 5/6

Say screw it and take him when you feel you need to (if it's a keeper you grab him way earlier obviously) and just enjoy it. Far too seldom in fantasy do I see the word "enjoy". Well, my philosophy in fantasy has always been draft a guy when you see fit if you really want him. So what if he puts up numbers below his ADP? If you enjoy owning him and watching his AB's, that's all that matters.

Really? I love fantasy baseball. I'll enjoy it regardless of having Bryant.

If he puts up numbers below his ADP, then it's probably a bad pick, meaning someone was a better pick. All my leagues are for money,. I'll enjoy it no matter what, I rather just win.

Meh. I've created a dynasty championship in my keeper by building a stellar club from guys I reached for with a gigantic smile on my face. Guys like Kershaw, Stanton, Fernandez, Bryant. All guys I MADE ABSOLUTE SURE I got on my team. Where has it gotten me? 3 Titles in a row. I'm not trying to be "cool story bro" here. I just know from experience that locking guys you want on your team (even if reaching) is still possible to do while winning. It's not like it's one or the other. Just gotta be smart and have good taste ;)

Say screw it and take him when you feel you need to (if it's a keeper you grab him way earlier obviously) and just enjoy it. Far too seldom in fantasy do I see the word "enjoy". Well, my philosophy in fantasy has always been draft a guy when you see fit if you really want him. So what if he puts up numbers below his ADP? If you enjoy owning him and watching his AB's, that's all that matters.

Really? I love fantasy baseball. I'll enjoy it regardless of having Bryant.

If he puts up numbers below his ADP, then it's probably a bad pick, meaning someone was a better pick. All my leagues are for money,. I'll enjoy it no matter what, I rather just win.

Meh. I've created a dynasty championship in my keeper by building a stellar club from guys I reached for with a gigantic smile on my face. Guys like Kershaw, Stanton, Fernandez, Bryant. All guys I MADE ABSOLUTE SURE I got on my team. Where has it gotten me? 3 Titles in a row. I'm not trying to be "cool story bro" here. I just know from experience that locking guys you want on your team (even if reaching) is still possible to do while winning. It's not like it's one or the other. Just gotta be smart and have good taste ;)

He was talking about re-draft.... Which is a completely different story from Keeper/Dynasty. Bryant should be going high in those formats..

You have a point about drafting the guys you like and not being afraid to reach some for those guys...but you also have to a certain level of pragmatic thinking to in Re-drafts...

This comp has probably been made already, but with 50+ pages (!), I didn't want to look. Was Chris Davis' buzz as a prospect the same as Bryant's? I think they might be similar. Hopefully for the Cubs, they get a Bryant that is more good Davis than bad. Although bad Davis these days is still nice at 3B.

This comp has probably been made already, but with 50+ pages (!), I didn't want to look. Was Chris Davis' buzz as a prospect the same as Bryant's? I think they might be similar. Hopefully for the Cubs, they get a Bryant that is more good Davis than bad. Although bad Davis these days is still nice at 3B.

Hey SS: Davis was never the consensus #1 prospect in the game. Saying that, I think Davis has a tad more power but Bryant should be the better overall hitter.

I've heard rumors of him going in the 2nd and 3rd round in certain big $ leagues

Gamblers take risks more than the average Joe.

Well that's my point. You go in on guys who you really like and are smart about it, and you have a track record for success. I'm hearing "Im going all in on Bryant, he looks ridiculous in ST, and I want the guy everyone is talking about... here's my money YOLO". Not ok with that, "just to have fun"

I'm not saying he will turn into him, but Bryant's buzz is clearly most similar to Stanton for me in recent years. The "enormous power guy".

The fact that he's had such a ridiculous spring makes it far more than the hype Stanton was getting in 2010 .

He went for $21 in my 14 team redraft auction last night ($260 budget). Too high for my blood in a rookie season, but honestly, I could definitely make the argument he's worth it.

He's up to 8 home runs in 25 (!) at bats. It's almost borderline laughable what he's doing right now. As a dynasty owner who's going to have 4 years of this guy at $1.5 in a $100 budget, I'm pinching myself because I'm so excited.

He's going to be fun to own, and I'm all for taking risks, but 3b is just deep and I'm not on board with 20 bucks. If he goes 30 HR and hits 255 (which is closer to his ceiling for the year), thats awesome but I don't think that wins you the league. So I'm finding it hard to get him when the price is so high.

For however many leagues Trout won people in 2012 (and I don't think Bryant has a shot to match that production), if Trout would have cost people 20 bucks or the round equivalent.... a lot less people would have won their leagues. No doubt that still would have bee an amazing pick still.

Ppl forget that Trout had the best rookie season in a century. Expecting anybody to match it is crazy.

Nobody expects that. In fact, the guy you quoted went out of his way to say that he specifically does NOT think he has a shot to match that production. I swear, some people just come to these forums to beat on strawmen all day long.

Nobody expects that. In fact, the guy you quoted went out of his way to say that he specifically does NOT think he has a shot to match that production. I swear, some people just come to these forums to beat on strawmen all day long.

Ironically I think you are strawmanning here because the previous three comments you quoted were not people debating/arguing. I just agreed and built off what adifazo said and Matthias built off what i said. None of us implying someone said something the other didn't.

Well that's my point. You go in on guys who you really like and are smart about it, and you have a track record for success. I'm hearing "Im going all in on Bryant, he looks ridiculous in ST, and I want the guy everyone is talking about... here's my money YOLO". Not ok with that, "just to have fun"

I'm all for paying a few extra auction $'s to get this guy on my team, even if it's a bit of an overpay. If I say I'll only pay his true value or lower, say $12, then he goes for $13, then he mashes at the big league level and lights the baseball world on fire, I'll be kicking myself all season long while watching the Sports Center highlights and reading the headlines on Rotoworld/Yahoo.

Fantasy Baseball 2015 will be more fun with Kris Bryant on my team. If that ends up giving me 2% less chance to win my small money league, big deal. Small price to pay and I can certainly recover if I'm active all season long.

If you're all about the $$$, quit fantasy baseball and play the stock market instead. You're probably earning $0.20 per hour from your fantasy team judging by the amount of time you spend on RW forums.

3B is just too deep, I was targetting him in the 6th as a flier, but someone took him in the 4th. Oh well, I ended up with Seager (8th), Aramis (19th) and ARod 25th.

I think Bryant will be a stud this year, but I am in the let someone else reach crowd, I am fine with my 3B this year.

fwiw, he went ahead of Upton, Votto, Kemp, Longoria, Wainwright among others

I'm not sure people remember just how dominant Stanton was before his callup. Kid was hitting multi-HR games like they were going out of style...not to mention I'm fairly sure he had a THREE HR game shortly before his call. Chris Davis hype wasn't in that league.

I'm not sure people remember just how dominant Stanton was before his callup. Kid was hitting multi-HR games like they were going out of style...not to mention I'm fairly sure he had a THREE HR game shortly before his call. Chris Davis hype wasn't in that league.

The hype here is even stronger than Stanton TBH. People weren't draft Stanton anywhere expensive in redraft leagues that year, and usually not at all except for very deep leagues or NL only. Granted there was an issue of when Stanton would be up that year, but still. If they announced Bryant wouldn't be up until June (and Stanton was up before June), Im pretty sure Bryant would stll be drafted in just about all leagues... granted at a reduced price.

The hype here is even stronger than Stanton TBH. People weren't draft Stanton anywhere expensive in redraft leagues that year, and usually not at all except for very deep leagues or NL only. Granted there was an issue of when Stanton would be up that year, but still. If they announced Bryant wouldn't be up until June (and Stanton was up before June), Im pretty sure Bryant would stll be drafted in just about all leagues... granted at a reduced price.

Ha and Chicago would relive 1871

Crazy hype train. Yeah, Davis wasn't that exciting at all. Heyward was hyped more than Stanton. Maybe Harper on a buzz level but people weren't buying stock cause he was 18. Trout flew under the radar for the most part. Probably Strasburg or Wieters is the closest comp's I can think off as far as buzzworthy. Puig was getting lots of buzz but nobody was reaching too far to draft him.

Well next home run hit he joins the exclusive double digit spring homers club. Only two guys to do that in the last ten years were Ryan Howard and Jake Fox (that dialed my excitement back from a 10 to a 9.5 ha)

Well next home run hit he joins the exclusive double digit spring homers club. Only two guys to do that in the last ten years were Ryan Howard and Jake Fox (that dialed my excitement back from a 10 to a 9.5 ha)

It was like 2009 or 2010 that Erc Karabell was just going nuts for Fox and he had C eligibility. In fairness he rags on himself and brings it up every once in a while.