Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

ESPN has him projected for 30 homeruns. That is a bit crazy..

Optimistic, sure. Crazy? No

Not in the least bit crazy at all. He has the talent and potential to hit 30 this year.

Not in the least bit crazy at all. He has the talent and potential to hit 30 this year.

Potential is different from projection. At least 20 players have the potential to hit 30 home runs, maybe closer to 40 or 50. Only 11 did last year.

Is there not a rule change being discussed re: Super 2?

This is not a super 2 issue. Also, rules can only be changed when the contract agreed upon by MLB and the MLBPA comes to an end. If I remember correctly that's 2016. So the Bryant issue and an international draft will both likely be heavily discussed.

10 Days is highly optimistic. They are trying to teach him a new position... I know everyone in fantasy forgets that baseball players also need to play defense, but if the Cubs plan really is to bring him up as a corner OF, he needs to spend more time in the minors. If they plan to pull him up as a 3B, it may happen sooner.

Wait, how is this NOT a Super 2 issue? I'm confused...

10 Days is highly optimistic. They are trying to teach him a new position... I know everyone in fantasy forgets that baseball players also need to play defense, but if the Cubs plan really is to bring him up as a corner OF, he needs to spend more time in the minors. If they plan to pull him up as a 3B, it may happen sooner.

I think he's up pretty close to 10 days. Theres too much negativity around the Cubs for not starting him earlier this year, they wont wait much longer if you've been following the situation. Maybe they wait a couple extra days to make it not so coincidental, but he should be up this month.

Signing Lester and having 2 wild card spots... you really can't wait too long to stay in the race. The Cubs lineup after their first 4 hitters is pretty bad.

Wait, how is this NOT a Super 2 issue? I'm confused...

Super 2 is when a player has enough service time in his first two years so that his 6 years of team control will have 4 years of arbitration as opposed to the traditional 6 years of control with 3 years of arbitration. Bryant's issue is one of what constitutes a year of service time. When Bryant is up in 2 to 3 weeks, he's still going to be a super 2 player, but he's going to be under control for 7 years instead of 6 thanks to that 12 days of keeping him down in AAA.As a player must accumulate 6 years of service time before they can become a free agent. Thanks to those 12 days off, Bryant will be at like 5.99 years of service time after 6 years which means he has to come back for a 7th year.

I think he's up pretty close to 10 days. Theres too much negativity around the Cubs for not starting him earlier this year, they wont wait much longer if you've been following the situation. Maybe they wait a couple extra days to make it not so coincidental, but he should be up this month.

Signing Lester and having 2 wild card spots... you really can't wait too long to stay in the race. The Cubs lineup after their first 4 hitters is pretty bad.

And when their 3rd basemen are batting below .200, there's no way they don't bring him up to play 3B

And when their 3rd basemen are batting below .200, there's no way they don't bring him up to play 3B

They're not going to put in a defensive butcher. Once again, you know this argument is happening on a FANTASY thread. If Bryant is truly the butcher a lot of non-Cubs scouts say he is, then his Bat won't win them games because his glove his losing them.

There's no real heat over the Bryant issue IMO, just media firestorm. Almost every fan understands how the system works and is in favor of the decision to keep him down for a while.

They're not going to put in a defensive butcher. Once again, you know this argument is happening on a FANTASY thread. If Bryant is truly the butcher a lot of non-Cubs scouts say he is, then his Bat won't win them games because his glove his losing them.

There's no real heat over the Bryant issue IMO, just media firestorm. Almost every fan understands how the system works and is in favor of the decision to keep him down for a while.

What makes him a defensive "butcher?" I had no idea he was a bad fielder.

& like the other guy said, no way a 3B hitting .200 or lower (Mike Olt) is more valuable than Kris Bryant. That has nothing to do with fantasy lol.

This defensive butcher nonsense is all about like the first 3 games from spring training. No scout has said he's terrible there he absolutely has to move. Most have given him the, "he should be passable" or better rating. This is just like what's going on with people commenting on Soler. One game and all of a sudden people think he's Adam Dunn out there.

Josh Donaldson made 23 errors at 3B last year. Granted he had the most chances in MLB for a 3B, but there wasn't any talk of not having him in the middle of the lineup.

Josh Donaldson made 23 errors at 3B last year. Granted he had the most chances in MLB for a 3B, but there wasn't any talk of not having him in the middle of the lineup.

Pretty bad example considering Mullet is a beast at 3B. Like you said about the chances, he gets to everything.

Pretty bad example considering Mullet is a beast at 3B. Like you said about the chances, he gets to everything.

Wasn't too confident as I really haven't seen him play much. Curious about why his chances were so much higher but you clarified that. Pedro Alvarez might be the better comparison?

Biggest news was that he remains at 3B, so they seem to want to keep him there. Makes sense given the presence of Mike Olt, but doesn't help them alleviate their infield bottleneck for Russell/Baez/Castro/Alcantara

Yeah but getting to a ball that other 3Bs can't get to and then muffing it almost is never scored and error.

can we call him up already? puhhhhhhhhhhh...........