Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Eligible this Friday, for an afternoon game the 17th at home vs. the Padres? Will he stay down or be called up? Some struggles down at AAA Iowa, but I'm not overly concerned.

How do you guys feel about whether he should stay down a bit longer or come up when he's eligible?

When I say "eligible" I'm obviously referring to the Cubs getting their way and not bringing him up until Friday so they can retain the rights on him through the 2021 season.

By next weekend cubs should have their extra year of control, right?

Olt just got hit badly on the hand/wrist... they will need a 3rd baseman soon...

Olt just got hit badly on the hand/wrist... they will need a 3rd baseman soon...

I was just coming in to post about Olt getting hit. Had it on live when it happened. Didn't look good at all. You could hear him yell through the TV broadcast when he got hit. He was holding it right away, and he walked off with the trainer. Anyway good chance he might end up on the DL. If that's the case that might squash the idea that the Cubbies would keep Bryant down past the 17th. We'll see...

T-minus 5 days and counting.

Honestly the cubs could put anyone at 3B to make up for Olt. Losing Olt will not move up the time table for bryant. It's not like theojed is saying, "Dear God, we lost Mike Olt!!!" Be easy, bryant will be up soon enough. The hype train is beyond reproach.

Honestly the cubs could put anyone at 3B to make up for Olt. Losing Olt will not move up the time table for bryant. It's not like theojed is saying, "Dear God, we lost Mike Olt!!!" Be easy, bryant will be up soon enough. The hype train is beyond reproach.

I know this. Which is what they'll do until Bryant gets the call, all I was saying is that this may get rid of the idea that they keep Bryant down past the 17th for "more seasoning." I know they can still wait longer, but this just gives them another reason not to. That's all. Hence why I ended with we'll see.

BTW that light at the end of the tunnel isn't day light, it's the the headlight of said hype train coming to run some people over. Bazinga!

Hit his second homer in as many days. The Cubs need his bat soon.

Hit his second homer in as many days. The Cubs need his bat soon.

Bryant crushes long ball

4/11/15: Iowa's Kris Bryant slugs his first homer of the season, a two-run shot against Memphis.

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=69842883&sid=milb

Bryant bashes his second homer

04/12/15: Iowa's Kris Bryant hits his second homer of the season as the Cubs face Memphis.

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=71519983&sid=milb

Game logs so far.

2hpt9jd.png

How out of touch is rotoworld if they think theres a league where Bryant isn't owned in?

Cubs prospect Kris Bryant launched his second home run of the season Sunday in Triple-A Iowa's 7-2 win over Memphis.

Bryant entered the year as the game's best prospect and has done nothing to disprove that over his first four games. Dating back to last season, Bryant has now corked 45 home runs in his last 508 minor league at-bats. Bryant's big league debut is imminent, which means it's time to add him in all fantasy formats. Mike Olt's days at third base could be numbered.

How out of touch is rotoworld if they think theres a league where Bryant isn't owned in?

Cubs prospect Kris Bryant launched his second home run of the season Sunday in Triple-A Iowa's 7-2 win over Memphis.

Bryant entered the year as the game's best prospect and has done nothing to disprove that over his first four games. Dating back to last season, Bryant has now corked 45 home runs in his last 508 minor league at-bats. Bryant's big league debut is imminent, which means it's time to add him in all fantasy formats. Mike Olt's days at third base could be numbered.

god, i seriously lol'd when i read that rw blurb. we must all play in 2-4 man leagues!

Pre Mike Trout days the #1 prospect expected to come up this year might not be on a roster. Now? Never. Let alone with Bryant's hype. Archie Bradley was pretty well drafted last year or the year before despite never even coming up.

So whats the exact day hes eligible to arrive without hurting the Cubs finances? ....Sunday?

Pre Mike Trout days the #1 prospect expected to come up this year might not be on a roster. Now? Never. Let alone with Bryant's hype. Archie Bradley was pretty well drafted last year or the year before despite never even coming up.

No doubt. Trout changed the prospect game.

If I recall correctly, so did Ryan Braun when he first came up

I stand corrected. Yep. Braun, then Trout took it over the top.

Braun beasted but how much of an impact did it have the next year? Jurickson Profar was someone a lot of people were drafting the year after Trout.

And I put a lot on SI for doing the Harper story at 16. How many people had him on the hype radar after that?

If I recall correctly, so did Ryan Braun when he first came up

I stand corrected. Yep. Braun, then Trout took it over the top.
Didn't Tulo breakout when he was called up as well? I think he battled it our with Braun for ROY.

Longoria was a stud shortly after his cup of coffee to end his original callup season. Still nowhere near Braun and Trout.

The Cubs need to call Bryant up this series against The Padres.