Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robrain

Vonta Leach 2012 Season Outlook

28 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210637/article/vonta-leach-my-time-with-baltimore-ravens-is-up

Seems he's confirmed via Twitter that he's almost certainly going to be leaving the Ravens.

After winning a Super Bowl, does he go where the money is, or does he make sure that he's also going to another contender?

I don't know what teams would use a FB of his type (he's not actually terrible at catching passes out of the backfield, so he's a little more versatile than a lot of blocking FB's), but almost any team's run game could benefit with his addition.

If we're talking contenders...

Seahawks? (power run game)

49ers? (power run game)

Broncos? (creates a really strong goal-line option that defenses have to try to defend in addition to all their other weapons)

Falcons? (SJax + Vonta = Power + Power)

Giants? (David Wilson breaks homeruns more often?)

Titans? (CJ2K once again?)

Vikings? (good god, could you imagine AP running behind Vonta? NFL rushing record would certainly be attainable imo)

Heck, I'd even bump Chris Ivory up a few more notches if Vonta somehow found his way to the Jets.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the different team's salary cap situations look like currently, but Vonta seems like he's a big factor to watch as far as 1st and 2nd round RB's go.

If he somehow signed with the Falcons, SJax would be a surefire first-rounder for me in my TD-heavy league.

Bears just released their starting FB. Would love to see him as a Bear.

Bears just released their starting FB. Would love to see him as a Bear.

They signed Fiametta yesterday in a corresponding move.

http://www.nfl.com/n...re-ravens-is-up

If we're talking contenders...

Seahawks? (power run game)

49ers? (power run game)

Broncos? (creates a really strong goal-line option that defenses have to try to defend in addition to all their other weapons)

Falcons? (SJax + Vonta = Power + Power)

Giants? (David Wilson breaks homeruns more often?)

Titans? (CJ2K once again?)

Vikings? (good god, could you imagine AP running behind Vonta? NFL rushing record would certainly be attainable imo)

Heck, I'd even bump Chris Ivory up a few more notches if Vonta somehow found his way to the Jets.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the different team's salary cap situations look like currently, but Vonta seems like he's a big factor to watch as far as 1st and 2nd round RB's go.

If he somehow signed with the Falcons, SJax would be a surefire first-rounder for me in my TD-heavy league.

49ers really like Bruce Miller, I doubt they'd go after leach.

Michael Robinson was a pro bowler for Seattle in 2011. I could see them doing it but they don't seem like the likeliest team.

Broncos, would make sense...just appears to me they want to spread it out with 3 WR or 2 TE more often than not this year but wouldn't put it past them if he came cheap.

Falcons Make a ton of sense, Mike Cox is gone and Brad Ewing is coming off a torn ACL there, perfect fit imo.

Giants have Henry Hypnoski, the "hynocerus", who graded out as the 5th best lead blocker in PFF rankings, but he has an injury that could knock him out of training camp. Could be a fit if all else fails, but I think Leach would want a clearer path to the starting job.

Vikings just gave big money (for a fullback) to Jerome Felton...no match here.

Titans make a lot of sense.

Jets make a ton of sense.

While we are at it I'd add Buffalo maybe and Jacksonville definitely after losing Greg Jones to Houston and Montell Owens to Detroit. Jags seem like a perfect match too and as an MJD owner it'd finally be some good news.

I have a DEN gut feeling here...

1 person likes this

I'm thinking he will be a Giant and pave the way for David Wilson to spring to Fantasy Supremecy!

i'd love to see the giants lower cruz's tender and bring in leach.

he's like having an extra guard on the field ... instant upgrade to any RB he's lead blocking for.

hopefully it's david wilson.

exhibit A

Wherever he signs, somebody is going to be jumping up a few spots on my RB rankings.

Bucs....lead blocker for Muscle Hampster? Yeah I'd want that rb.

1 person likes this

Vonta will decide within two weeks. He said Houston was his first choice but also liked dolphins visit. Lamar Miller could be a third rounder in two weeks

miami has the most money, but the giants do have enough room to make him a competitive offer for a fullback --- which is a dying breed in "today's nfl"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000214121/article/giants-reportedly-considering-upping-vonta-leach-offer

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/fb-needy-giants-reach-leach-article-1.1379984

and a million other articles. it's going to be a huge boost to whichever team's RB he lead blocks for.

wish he would just decide!! How has Miami not forked over the money yet