Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doctor L

PS4 vs XBOX One

Playstation 4 or XBOX One?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What system are you getting (if any)?

• PS4
    • XBOX One.

Which system (if any) are you guys getting in 2013 based on what we have learned from E3 so far?

After what has been show so far at E3, I;d say PS4 has the leg up right now. It was pretty memorable as everything thing people disliked (or were worried) so far about the Xbox One (no more used games, have to connect online once every 24 hours, price $100 more, must use kinnect); the PS4 highlight as the opposite (and really pressed those issues as positives for the PS4 and rub it in to Microsoft). I'm a huge halo guy so I'll probably still get a Xbox One for H5.

Everything about the PS4 seemed better...except the exclusive games. Sony still has great exclusive games, I've just always preferred the ones on the Xbox (and now they are finally adding more). That combined with most of the people I play games with wanna stick with Xbox so I'll probably get Xbox One at launch and PS4 six months to a year later. I'm still not sure though, I want to see more on the games in the coming months before I make a decision.

I'm switching from 360 to PS4. Judging by thousands of Facebook posts, A LOT of people are pissed at Microsoft and are switching. PS4 is going to come out on top until the next gen consoles it appears.

Outside activity over Everything (Jose Fernandez lets out a cheer in the distance)

While I didn't really mind the always online cause I'm always online, I'm happy Microsoft changed their policies cause a lot of people I play games with will go back to the Xbox. I'm still getting both just gonna wait till MLB The Show comes out for when I buy a PS4. That has hurt the worst with xbox, not having a good baseball game.

While I didn't really mind the always online cause I'm always online, I'm happy Microsoft changed their policies cause a lot of people I play games with will go back to the Xbox. I'm still getting both just gonna wait till MLB The Show comes out for when I buy a PS4. That has hurt the worst with xbox, not having a good baseball game.

I have friends that say they will not go back to xbox because they have to regain their "trust". I just laugh. Although this makes Microsoft look foolish because of how they backtracked their policies it was the right thing to do. Especially if they want to beat the Ps4. Im wondering how much money Ps4 is losing by making there system 100 dollars less than Xbox when their machine is superior.

I have friends that say they will not go back to xbox because they have to regain their "trust". I just laugh. Although this makes Microsoft look foolish because of how they backtracked their policies it was the right thing to do. Especially if they want to beat the Ps4. Im wondering how much money Ps4 is losing by making there system 100 dollars less than Xbox when their machine is superior.

Hardware is the loss leader though - if the price change and better gamer-friendly policies let Sony take 2/3 of the new buyer market (as an arbitrary #), their dominance in game sales and peripheral income more than outweighs the lost $. Being branded as the clear #1 in the market is worth way more in the long run than maximizing hardware profit sales, given the 4-5 year life cycle systems have nowadays stay.

As a past gamer who is now down to 3-4 games a year (CoD, Resident Evil / Naughty Dog games), I have to say PS4's marketing is way more appealing than Microsoft's original model.

Hardware is the loss leader though - if the price change and better gamer-friendly policies let Sony take 2/3 of the new buyer market (as an arbitrary #), their dominance in game sales and peripheral income more than outweighs the lost $. Being branded as the clear #1 in the market is worth way more in the long run than maximizing hardware profit sales, given the 4-5 year life cycle systems have nowadays stay.

As a past gamer who is now down to 3-4 games a year (CoD, Resident Evil / Naughty Dog games), I have to say PS4's marketing is way more appealing than Microsoft's original model.

Im not sure if youre talking about the Xbox 360 model. Which outsold the the Ps3 in America or the original XbONE model which has changed drastically. Either way the software could make up the difference, but they also need that software to support it. From what I have seen the Ps4 didnt pull out many AAA games that would want me to get a Ps4 day one. I think the best looking game was "The order 1886". I was hoping for a GoW or an Uncharted game. Xbox came out with a focus on exclusives and i liked that a bit more. Still going to buy them both, because i know that Naughty Dog will, eventually, make GREAT games for the system, but it was a bit dissapointing. Even FF15 and KH3 were multiplatform and those were games that were shown off at the Ps4 conference.

Just as an addon. I really loved the games the WiiU is coming out with. The first party support on that platform is incredible.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, July 20, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, July 20, 2013 - No reason given

xbox one

anybody who wants to get a ps4 should just go get an xbox 360 cause its better

na f**k that game its all about watch dogs

na i heard gta might be the worst game coming out and if i were u i wouldnt get it

I'll probably get a Wii U before either because I'm broke, but eventually switching from 360 to PS4.

i feel that the xbox one will be the best system ever made and i also think that if microsoft stops charging for live nobody would buy the ps4

didn't pre order either didn't think i was going to get either system, but I have decided to get one of them.. I have both PS3 and xbox 360 now. I like them both, but I have always leaned more towards xbox. Love ps3 around baseball season because the show is the real deal. I know there is a 100.00 difference in the price. which one are you going for????

I am 26 now so I don't game like i used to, but I used to play with alot of friends on xbox. xbox one is 100.00 plus an additional 10.00 a year for the online services, but also with playstation plus it allows you to download 2 games for free so I am leaning towards ps4.

PS4 looks amazing and getting older, I'm limited to what I play these days.

MLB the Show alone makes it worth it...great exclusive from Sony.

Cant wait for my xbox this friday! Ill get my Ps4 in a year when some of the better games come out.

Cant wait for my xbox this friday! Ill get my Ps4 in a year when some of the better games come out.

I'm getting Xbox at launch and PS4 when The Show comes out. I've never played The Show before, just 2k baseball, I can't wait for that game.