Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CocoaButter

Zack Wheeler 2013 Outlook

280 posts in this topic

Yup, just like Laverne and Shirley.

Never seen him pitch but from everything I've read, Wheeler seems like a high K guy with command issues. Can't wait to see how his stuff translates. Jose Fernandez type or Kevin Gausman type?

Since it is against Atlanta, 5 IP, 3 Rs, 7Ks, 4BB. I stashed him on my team but probably not playing him. Need to see him first but super excited.

Never seen him pitch but from everything I've read, Wheeler seems like a high K guy with command issues. Can't wait to see how his stuff translates. Jose Fernandez type or Kevin Gausman type?

Since it is against Atlanta, 5 IP, 3 Rs, 7Ks, 4BB. I stashed him on my team but probably not playing him. Need to see him first but super excited.

big strikeout guys with command issues......Brandon morrow when he first pitched.

I think he is more ready than Gausman. I think he will be somewhere in between those two. But who knows. All I hear about this kid is that he has a lot of talent.

Could I have started Cahill or Lincecum vs the Marlins? Sure. But I like to live dangerously. I'M STARTING WHEELER @ the Braves!

1 person likes this

I only have him in a QS league so I'm sitting him. He's not the most economical pitcher when it comes to pitch count.

I only have him in a QS league so I'm sitting him. He's not the most economical pitcher when it comes to pitch count.

Very valid point.

Still excited to see this kid though he has that great upside.

I think he'll be a solid mid to back end rotation guy for this season, some nice games mixed in with a few stinkers

Yes. He's been ranked as one of the top 15 prospects in MLB this season on pretty much every major prospect list.

Is this guy definitely worth targeting for in a dynasty league?

Absolutely he is. Does that mean he'll have immediate success or be as good as Harvey right off the bat? I doubt it. But you should def. target him.

one word:STUD my prediction against the Braves 7 innings 1 run and 8ks

If he goes 7 innings of 1 run ball against the Braves he will likely get 10+ K's, lol.

and the Giants gave him away for 1/4 season of Carlos Beltran

they won the WS? And I trust the Giants' decision-making, I don't think Wheeler will be elite. Worse than Wacha for sure

still like Harvey better. I know you are a Harvey mets fan but this guy wont be Harvey. PLEASE I WANT TO EAT CROW.

they won the WS? And I trust the Giants' decision-making, I don't think Wheeler will be elite. Worse than Wacha for sure

I dont think you could just assume he is not going to be elite and/or worse then Wacha because the Giants traded him.

They didn't win in 2011. The lost Beltran year.

Sabean has made a ton of good moves, but dumping Wheeler for Carlos will turn out to be an epic fail no matter how you look at it

how is he worse than Wacha?

he had 150 innings in 2012

he's logged 68.2 innings this year

nothing official but its pretty straight forward. about 100 more innings . maybe a bit more