Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jr11890

Wil Myers 2013 Outlook

463 posts in this topic

Those of us who have waited are anxiuous to see him play. Expectations?

Still giddy with excitement. There's still time for him to hit 10-15 home runs. I'd expect decent average, maybe hovering around .260 or .270.

Mark Reynolds < Wil Myers < Dominic Brown

Just keep the Ks down and all the other numbers will be good.

Not sure what to expect but I'm glad whatever he does is going to happen on my team and not against it!

I'd say, conservatively, .270/15/50 the rest of the way? Maybe a few more ribbies. So exciting that he's FINALLY where he belongs after two years of being jerked around.

Not even going to try and guess where he bats. Knowing Maddon probably leadoff

1 person likes this

Whoa! This is a very nice surprise after dopping into 3rd over the past two days in the league I'm holding (and anxiously waiting on him) in!

I don't expect Trout 2.0, but perhaps 10-15 HR, .270 and the rest would probably depend a bit on where he hits in the order.

I saw he's 7/8 on the base paths down at Durham in under 300 AB, which would make for maybe 5-8 over the ROS at that pace-- is this something that we could expect? I am unaware of his speed entirely as far as that part of his tool/skill-set goes....

Excited for the news.

For anyone who wasn't following --

Last 28 days in AAA: .333/.361/.714 20-10-33 with 5 steals. And of course his K-rate took a nice dip during that run.

Does anyone know if he's supposed to step right into the lineup, or is he gonna serve as PH for a few games?

Does anyone know if he's supposed to step right into the lineup, or is he gonna serve as PH for a few games?

LOL if the Rays sit him then they deserve to lose everygame

Drafted and held onto him tightly despite the mixed signals I got from people on twitter regarding him being called up. Really excited to see what he can do.

excited.gif

This is great news. Surely they did not call him up just to get spot duty.

edit- gif needed to be changed. needed more excitement.

2 people like this

Gotta wait 19 hours to pick him up... hopefully.

My OF would be stacked with his addition.

man, been able to pick up Myers, Puig, Segura, Mujica in my money league this year

never have i been so lucky with the waiver wire in all my years of fantasy baseball... i think i'm gonna go buy me a Powerball ticket lmao

So will this be a large platoon(RF, LF, DH, 2B-kinda) where Myers will get the most of the playing time?

1. Zobrist 2. Myers 3. Joyce 4. Johnson 5. Scott

??

So will this be a large platoon(RF, LF, DH, 2B-kinda) where Myers will get the most of the playing time?

1. Zobrist 2. Myers 3. Joyce 4. Johnson 5. Scott

??

I think Scotts at bats will pretty much disappear. Hes not done much with them and a power bat like Myers is going to be a fixture if they are finally bringing him up.

2 people like this

Joe Maddon ‏@RaysJoeMaddon 17m

I don't want to lump a bunch of high expectations on Wil. We'll put him in the bottom part of the order and let him play, just be a Ray.

Interesting...