Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

schnieds

Jason Kapono

Tonights line:

9 pts / 1 stl / 3 reb / 4-5 FG / 1-1 3pts

His position is so loaded in Toronto I am thinking that this might be his normal line. If so, I am thinking about dropping him for a hot FA.

Thoughts?

Available on the FA list:

- Theo Ratliff

- Bones Barry

- Ruben Patterson

- Brendon Haywood

- Yi Jianlian

- Reggie Evans

-

Im in the same situation man, I picked up him for the 3's, hes one of the best 3 point shooters but I think his lines will be close to what he did tonight.. maybe like 10-15 pts at best, 2-3 rebs 2-3 ast and maybe a steal.

Hes really just a good % player that makes 3's but Im hoping he turns out to be a very good all around player as I need him for my fantasy team this year haha So I dont know what to expect from him except what he showed last year. He SHOULD do very well in the Toronto Offense though

I am really thinking about dropping him for Damien Wilkins right now. Wilkins is uncontested in Seattle and looks like he will produce. Probably not the %s of Kapono, but better numbers I am guessing.

I am really thinking about dropping him for Damien Wilkins right now. Wilkins is uncontested in Seattle and looks like he will produce. Probably not the %s of Kapono, but better numbers I am guessing.

Not a terrible move. Kapono will do better though.

I would rather have Kleiza in deep leagues over Kapano

kapono, korver, webster....they're all in the same category. i wouldnt have a problem dropping them at all.

i personally think delfino will emerge as a solid fantasy player for the raps this yr. his all-around game is very underrated and was hidden when he was with the pistons. that guy can ball.

Kapono was dropped in my league after last night's performance.

kapono, korver, webster....they're all in the same category. i wouldnt have a problem dropping them at all.

i personally think delfino will emerge as a solid fantasy player for the raps this yr. his all-around game is very underrated and was hidden when he was with the pistons. that guy can ball.

Korver Id have a prob with.

Being a Raptors fan I can tell you that there simply is not enough minutes for Kapono. The best case scenerio is that he averages 15 points a game but still that seems unlikely. He's competing with Delfino (Colangelo's very talented addition), and Graham (who the Smitch loves), not to mention Jorge (last year's starting SF) and then they have Moon who will likely be in a suit everyday but he's got skills and may also eat some PT once he gets to showcase it in a real game.

Being a Raptors fan I can tell you that there simply is not enough minutes for Kapono. The best case scenerio is that he averages 15 points a game but still that seems unlikely. He's competing with Delfino (Colangelo's very talented addition), and Graham (who the Smitch loves), not to mention Jorge (last year's starting SF) and then they have Moon who will likely be in a suit everyday but he's got skills and may also eat some PT once he gets to showcase it in a real game.

I would say Toronto players are in for a HUGE time share this season with almost every position they have a capable backup. Though his line wasn't bad yesterday, when the season grinds on, he might get more touches with the ball. Watch the next game and see what happens.

why was graham re-signed? hes terrible. didnt they trade for delfino first? if they did, re-signing graham was unnecessary.

i got delfino on my watch list for sure though. hes nice.

why was graham re-signed? hes terrible. didnt they trade for delfino first? if they did, re-signing graham was unnecessary.

i got delfino on my watch list for sure though. hes nice.

Maybe Graham for trade value later in the year.

I dropped Kapono and added Martell. That is basically a massive upgrade. I should get more points and D stats while maintaining the 3's. I think the %'s will be a lil lower but I can live with that.

My league has 3ptm & 3% as cats which is the sole reason I took Kapono to begin with but 9 pts a game aint going to hack it. I would need Kapono hitting at least 3 3's per game at the 50% clip to make him worthwhile in my league since he is not really helping more than one or two cats.

Delfino despite being falledn out of favor in preseason, is a much better defender than kapono and therefore played more than i expected last night. Raptors couldn't even guard the tandom of W.Greene and Iguodala unless both Parker and Delfino were on the floor. Since raps interior defense is pretty weak, Kapono has to show that he can stay in front of his man. His offense no doubt fits to Raps system perfectly, but he needs to play better D to get more minutes. That's why u even saw Joey Graham (even tho i think his D sucks) on the floor last night.

Delfino despite being falledn out of favor in preseason, is a much better defender than kapono and therefore played more than i expected last night. Raptors couldn't even guard the tandom of W.Greene and Iguodala unless both Parker and Delfino were on the floor. Since raps interior defense is pretty weak, Kapono has to show that he can stay in front of his man. His offense no doubt fits to Raps system perfectly, but he needs to play better D to get more minutes. That's why u even saw Joey Graham (even tho i think his D sucks) on the floor last night.

delfino's easily their most versatile SF. he can do a little bit of everything on the floor and i think he learned a thing or 2 about playing defense in detroit. kapono might be paid more, but his skills are redundant. the raptors dont lack shooters at all.

im pretty sure that delfino's talent will eventually overcome and smitch will be forced to play him 30 minutes a night.

joey graham should be in football, not basketball. hes one of the least skilled players in the game, but hes built like a superhero.

Wow. 1 Game. Wow!

Well, there is not much to Kapono. He will shoot open threes and two's from range. There is not gonna be a lot of D or points from him in general. In other words, I don't see him ever doing much more than he did last night give or take a few points. He got good minutes in Miami and was basically a spot of shooter that did not get a ton of steals, ft's, etc. That being said, Kapono is great if you need threes. I took Webster because he gives threes, and some d, and more points than Kapono. So I am not losing much other than percentages and since Kapono does not shoot a lot the value of his percentages are minimal.

Well, there is not much to Kapono. He will shoot open threes and two's from range. There is not gonna be a lot of D or points from him in general. In other words, I don't see him ever doing much more than he did last night give or take a few points. He got good minutes in Miami and was basically a spot of shooter that did not get a ton of steals, ft's, etc. That being said, Kapono is great if you need threes. I took Webster because he gives threes, and some d, and more points than Kapono. So I am not losing much other than percentages and since Kapono does not shoot a lot the value of his percentages are minimal.

I dont disagree with the move I just think its funny how everyone is really being hard on guys after just one game especially the first game.

delfino's easily their most versatile SF. he can do a little bit of everything on the floor and i think he learned a thing or 2 about playing defense in detroit. kapono might be paid more, but his skills are redundant. the raptors dont lack shooters at all.

im pretty sure that delfino's talent will eventually overcome and smitch will be forced to play him 30 minutes a night.

joey graham should be in football, not basketball. hes one of the least skilled players in the game, but hes built like a superhero.

Colangelo does somtimes make questionable signings (dating back to Qrich signing). I agree Joey should be on the same boat with his twin brother soon, not getting an extension. I didn't like Kapono deal either although i understand the reasoning. THey bascially want to run pick N roll with ford and bosh while having 3 deadly shooters at the top of key and corners (Parker, Kap, Bargs). Raps certainly don't lack shooters but u'd be surprised to find out that they were not strong in 3pt %'s last year. Dixon can shoot but he's so streaky. Garbo i just think his dead-eye range is a step inside the 3pt line. So i think Colangelo just wanted to bring a markmanship but the way Kaps plays defense, Smitch won't play him in crucial situations.

I dont disagree with the move I just think its funny how everyone is really being hard on guys after just one game especially the first game.

Yea.

Yeah, even though it was only one night people in my league are very active and moves happen quick, so if you want to pick up a hot FA you better get on it. B)

I dropped Kapono for Damien Wilkins last night.