Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rabbit Maranville

Randall Delgado 2013 Outlook

18 posts in this topic

Randall Delgado will be called up to start Tuesday's game against the Marlins.

Thoughts? Worthy of a spot start?

Was wondering/pondering the same thing. Delgado was once one of the Braves prized pitching prospects. Hasn't been great at AAA but apparently pitching better lately according to the blurbs on him.

Against Miami, I think it's worth a shot.

I definitely do not think Stanton alone makes the Marlins a non-stream lineup. Im throwing him out there

The hit around the best staff in baseball (Cardinals).

Anyone watch his start tonight and is he staying in the majors?

Don't know if he'll stay. McCarthy will be back eventually(and probably get hurt again). In the meantime though, as long as he doesn't stink up the joint, he'll continue to get starts you'd think

He looked good today. Ump actually was squeezing him a bit when he was making some really good pitches knee high on the inside corners. Had very good command of his stuff which seems to be the main issue with him right now. He was facing the Marlins. Sunday vs Cin will be the real test

Anyone considering the start today against his former team? My league counts K/BB and QS so I think he might be good in that format. I have J Up and Heyward though so I'm hedging my bets :)

Anything to see here? 2 starts next week. (dodgers, brewers).

I'm intrigued.

What worries me is that his career BB/9 rate has been horrendous - and was this year in AAA. But it's VERY low right now with the DBacks - 1.33. Fluke? Or remarkable turnaround?

Anything to see here? 2 starts next week. (dodgers, brewers).

I'm intrigued.

What worries me is that his career BB/9 rate has been horrendous - and was this year in AAA. But it's VERY low right now with the DBacks - 1.33. Fluke? Or remarkable turnaround?

I watched his last start and his stuff looked good, so I think it is a little more of a turnaround then a fluke, but I do expect some regression from 1.33 that is elite ratios.

I'm intrigued as well. Will probably throw him out there in one league today...

I will point out, his prospect hype was built largely around the projectability and how quickly he could reach the majors. Not his ceiling.

Most Braves fans were thrilled they chose to deal him and kept Teheran. Delgado has #3/#4 upside, which can be useful in the right matchups. But he's not an automatic, start-every-time type of guy.

I believe two of his walks were intentional, as well. His BB/9 in the minors wasn't that good, so you'd assume this won't continue. His two problems before were walks and home runs, so it'd be great if he's improved his control (although the HR still seem to be a problem). Still, I believe his upside was considered to be a #2 and he's looked great so far.

Pretty good start yesterday.

1 person likes this

I picked him up for his scheduled start Friday vs the Mets, but today I see he was moved to TODAY vs Tampa Bay. Ugh.