Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elemenohpee

Tyrus Thomas

the good news was that he started...the bad news was that he got 2 early fouls so Coach Skiles did one of the stupidest things I see coaches do nearly every game, he practically put Thomas on the bench the rest of the game to prevent him from "fouling out". Needless to say Thomas finished with only 2 PF, so Skiles pretty much manually "fouled out" Thomas.

does anybody else get annoyed when coaches do that?

he was unable to get into the flow of the game tonight but I have had to all of a sudden become worried with my 2 sleeper picks I was kind of relying on...Thomas and Scola. I think their coaches see more in Joe Smith and Chuck Hayes (respectively) though..

Tyrus Thomas will just be a tease for fantasy owners this season. The guy will the starter in name, but the Bulls' best power forward is Andres Nocioni. Tyrus is very very very talented, but he simply won't get the consistent playing time to contribute. He is just Bulls' energizer to get games started. Think about it, Bulls don't run any offensive plays for him. He can't guard any of the top PF in the league right now. They just use him for hustle in the early going (very much like what Bucks are doing with Yi). Do yourself a favor and part ways with Tyrus unless you are in a keeper/dynasty league.

He's no more than a Stromiel Swift right now. You'll be better off finding a consistent option.