Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prea

Jake Ballard 2013 Season Outlook

8 posts in this topic

Put up 38 rec, 600 yds, 4 TD (along with 5 rec / 43 yds in PO) for the Giants in 2011. Tore his ACL in the SB, was on PUP all last year. Gronk has injury concerns, Hernandez is in trouble with the po po, and Patriots don't have a whole lot of receiving options on their team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkWhC-d8_0I

he is the very definition of mediocre in terms of talent, but he's got good hands and is one of those guys that "knows how to get open" as they say.

he should definitely be on the sleeper radar pending more news on the gronk/hernandez front. it's not out of the question that he is starting week 1 at this point, assuming he's healthy.

just don't get your hopes up. he's nowhere near Gronk/Rudolph in terms of talent. could be a decent bet for 8-10 TDs tho.

He's got sure hands and gets open, Brady would make him a TE1 as long as Gronk is out.

Probably not a bad idea to handcuff Gronk with him.

38 catches (on 60 targets) for 604 yards and 4 TDs in 2011.

Could be looking at low-end TE1 material with Hernandez getting cut and the Patriots weak WR core.

In ESPN standard scoring, Brandon Myers finished 10th among TEs last season with 97 points (806 yards, 4 TDs, no fractional scoring), so I don't think it's much of a stretch.

Feels like the era of the stud TE has passed us by.

Jimmy Graham is far atop the pile with Gronk as a question mark.

Ballard is a steady, overachiever type and a reasonable bye week/injury fill in.

Not sure I would be comfortable leaning on him as anything more than that, but also not sure what Belichick has in mind for this upcoming season on offense... should be interesting.