Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rabbit Maranville

Best Team Theme Song?

27 posts in this topic

This is a topic to debate which team has the best theme song.

I think the two best are easily:

"A New Pirate Generation"

and

"D'backs Swing"

What do you think?

Teams have songs?

And people know about them?

All I know is I can't stand that Steve Goodman song they play after the Cubs win. And I grew up a Cubs fan. And a Steve Goodman fan.

2 people like this

Orioles Magic. All other team songs are battling for second place.

Wow, you might be right. I almost climaxed during that key change.

1 person likes this

Wow, you might be right. I almost climaxed during that key change.

wow. I'm sorta glad my team doesn't have a theme song.

Game over.

its like if creed was to write a song about baseball... o wait.

shameful.

Game over.

Let's play ball it's game daaaayyyy. We want strikeouts, base hits, dobble plays.

Jim Rome can be irritating at times, but this was a pretty good bit involving that song.

1 person likes this

Game over.

Let's play ball it's game daaaayyyy. We want strikeouts, base hits, dobble plays.

Jim Rome can be irritating at times, but this was a pretty good bit involving that song.

jim rome: "Correct me if I'm wrong--and that's rarely the case..."

Yeah, Rome can be a DB, but there were some funny points in there.

"Where's Stapp's recording studio, right at home plate? That's a ball being hit on the screws. That's Teddy Ballgame. That's Albert Pujols hitting one 700 feet."

I do not know any team's theme song. I'm a Red Sox fan and I can think of 4-5 songs that might be it.

I do not know any team's theme song. I'm a Red Sox fan and I can think of 4-5 songs that might be it.

I'd definitely say it's this gem.

3 people like this

Never heard that before. Sounds like some Texas C & W band, lol. Love the slide show showing Sox errors, sadness and ineptness. Funny.

I never knew teams had official songs though everyone here in NE knows "Tessie" (Dropkick Murphys) that they play at the ballpark on occasion and "Sweet Caroline" but those are songs they play ... not rah rah songs. Well at least "Tessie" is about the early Red Sox but it's hard to understand the lyrics and the early 1900's references if you are just a casual fan. Sorry, don't have a link to it.

But baseball on the whole just doesn't seem suited to real rah rah songs along the lines of the Redskins one in football. It's more about painting the picture of a team's lineage and fans' emotional connection to that than victory marches I think.

Never heard that before. Sounds like some Texas C & W band, lol. Love the slide show showing Sox errors, sadness and ineptness. Funny.

I never knew teams had official songs though everyone here in NE knows "Tessie" (Dropkick Murphys) that they play at the ballpark on occasion and "Sweet Caroline" but those are songs they play ... not rah rah songs. Well at least "Tessie" is about the early Red Sox but it's hard to understand the lyrics and the early 1900's references if you are just a casual fan.

Haha, yeah it's a terrible song, but it goes so well with the slide show. I'm a Padres' fan, so it would have to be something fairly dark to represent our depressing existence. Maybe "Fell on Black Days" by Soundgarden. Or "Down In a Hole" by Alice In Chains. Definitely grunge era, depressing s**t.

Can't believe no one's mentioned "Here Come the Yankees"- back when the Scooter and Bill White were doing games on WPIX this used to get a lot of play, guess it's too hokey for YES (as if their lame "pride and pinstripes" sloganeering isn't)

http://youtu.be/T47i67SAmSE

I dont know any theme songs but I like that the Padres play "Bro Hymn" by Pennywise at the end of every game if they win.

When the Dodgers play "I Love LA" after a win it always gives me goosebumps (usually while I'm drunkenly singing along), but they had themselves a theme song back in the day by Danny effing Kaye:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/McKge0ueVuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this