Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cmilne23

Raul Ibanez 2013 Outlook

30 posts in this topic

WTF 17 homers from Ibanez? Can him and Prince trade bodies please? On pace for 35+ HR's in his age 41 season. Could be cheap power, and if he got traded to a real team he may actually score a run without having to hit a HR. Crazy thought I know. But props for his season, he has been awesome.

About 20 mintues ago, I went searching through this forum for his thread and was shocked that he had none.

I wouldve added him a while ago but I don't have a drop. I'm surprised no one in my competitive league is giving him a look. Guess his age and all no one is beliving.

too late now...he will probably be lucky to hit 5 more bombs this season because i am picking him up right now.

can he keep it up?

Not the pace he's on IMO. I'm guessing maybe another 10 the rest of the year. Still would be quite a season for him.

Getting regular play so he is hard to ignore. Let's see another bomb today.

Ask and you shall receive. The AVG is bad and he doesn't score runs but power is power and his numbers aren't that bad if you eliminate his real bad April. Hope he continues this week @TEX and @CIN.

10hr's ROS prediction.. would that make him rosterable in deeper leagues? He was batting 3rd today (seager finally got bumped down - and hit a jack as well)! He will find himself some counting stats if he bats 3rd, even on the Mariners

Launched another one. Jump on board people if you need cheap power.

#22 tonight along with rbi's 50 and 51. Career high 34 in 2009. I'm starting to think he just might break that if he stays healthy.

Geez, 22 HR in the season with 51 RBI. Talk about extremely cheap power still available in most leagues. And yet, I still dont find who to cut to add him..

Enjoy the wave while it lasts.

Oh, I'm enjoying it.

Interesting read from fangraphs about how the HR rate should be somewhat sustainable. It does concede that he's been getting a bit lucky with a lack of "no-doubt" HR's, but his batted ball profile has definitely changed. Check it out:

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/im-old-and-im-swinging-for-the-fences-raul-ibanez-as-power-producer/

2 people like this

Dropped Heyward for him and it felt marvelous. Keep on juicing Ibanez!

1 person likes this

I just hope he stays put in Seattle so that he keeps on playing every day. Last thing we need is for him to move to a contender who will platoon him.