Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWrightStuff

Noah Syndergaard - SP NYM

Acquired in the Dickey trade, another Mets pitching prospect...recently promoted to Double-A:

Noah Syndergaard is making his first start at Double-A Binghamton today after being promoted from Single-A St. Lucie.

Update – 3 p.m.: Syndergaard’s final line: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 K.

In 12 starts for St. Lucie Mets this season, Syndergaard went 3-3 with a 3.11 ERA, allowing 61 hits and 16 walks with 64 strikeouts in 63 2/3 innings.

all i know is he throws heat and the dickey trade was already a win.

Did anyone else watch him yesterday? I really liked what I saw of him, but there's a small part of me that's worried he'll be the next Mike Pelfrey.

Even if D'Arnaud doesn't amount to anything, the Mets are already WAY ahead in the Dickey deal. This kid is going to be very fun to watch. Personally I'd rank him right behind Walker and Bradley at the moment, there's a decent gap but he has the ability to be just as good as those 2 as soon as next season. Having Syndergaard, Harvey,and Wheeler as your 1/2/3 punch is incredible. The future is very bright in NY

He's been VERY good lately. He's really started to dominate Double A. Any Chance he gets called up this year?

He's been VERY good lately. He's really started to dominate Double A. Any Chance he gets called up this year?

I don't think there is a chance. Maybe like 1%, but I've heard Alderson on record saying that Montero and Syndergaard won't be called up this year. Syndergaard is probably on an IP limit too.

I don't think there is a chance. Maybe like 1%, but I've heard Alderson on record saying that Montero and Syndergaard won't be called up this year. Syndergaard is probably on an IP limit too.

i see no reason they would call them up. for personal gain i would like to see it but i believe the correct approach, with nym not being in contention, is to let them season in the minors for the remainder of this season and see what they have during 2014 spring training.

I don't know why Archie Bradley is rated ahead of Synder on most prospect rankings. Synder has done better at Double A and has shown such exceptional command. Only 6 BB's I believe in 30+ innings. Also a microscopic ERA. What do you guys think?

I don't know why Archie Bradley is rated ahead of Synder on most prospect rankings. Synder has done better at Double A and has shown such exceptional command. Only 6 BB's I believe in 30+ innings. Also a microscopic ERA. What do you guys think?

When it comes to prospects numbers don't really tell the whole story. If they did Andrew Heaney would be one of the best pitchers in the minors

So, what does Bradley have that Synder doesn't? They both throw heat, and Synder seems to have better command.

So, what does Bradley have that Synder doesn't? They both throw heat, and Synder seems to have better command.

Bradley has an absolutely lethal FB/CB combo. Both pitches are easily plus, as to where Syndergaards secondary pitches are still developing. If Archie Bradley eventually improves his command like people expect him to he's a far better prospect than Syndergaard.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say Archie is a "much better" prospect, but the secondary pitches favor Archie for now. Noah has been hittable, in A ball his BAA was .255, and since his promotion to AA, his BAA is .226, combined, it's .245 in 95ip, his low BB rate will go far for him, but he needs to refine his off speed pitches for his FB to be even more effective. Come next year, with some good coaching, I can see him taking the next step and becoming even more of a force. As late as early 2015, The Mets' rotation is going to be really good,Harvey, Wheeler, Noah and perhaps Mejia, could be a front 4 that could rival any front 4 of the past, like the A's with Catfish, Blue Moon, Hultzman and Vida blue, just a joy to watch.

I'm excited to see how it pans out, stashing Noah in one deep keeper. IF he can refine his secondary pitches as the season progresses, we may get a look see come September, but I'm not looking for that to happen.

Anyway, lots to like about this kid, lets hope he stays healthy and meets and or exceeds expectations.

Still Dominating Double A. Another outing of 5 ip 10K's 0ER. 1.59 ERA in 51 innings at Double A. 64 K's too.

He just continues to impress.

Did anyone else watch him yesterday? I really liked what I saw of him, but there's a small part of me that's worried he'll be the next Mike Pelfrey.

Mike Pelfrey? Pelfrey was never a super prospect.

Honestly Syndergaard is my number 1 hands down pitching prospect. I know he mainstream consensus is Archie Bradley #1 and Syndergaard a close #2. But I'd say there's even a fair gap between Syndergaard at #1 and Bradley at #2 in my opinion.

Honestly Syndergaard is my number 1 hands down pitching prospect. I know he mainstream consensus is Archie Bradley #1 and Syndergaard a close #2. But I'd say there's even a fair gap between Syndergaard at #1 and Bradley at #2 in my opinion.

Ever heard of Taijuan Walker? He is the #1 or #2 pitching prospect on just about every list...Syndergaard is probably in the top 5 though.

Ever heard of Taijuan Walker? He is the #1 or #2 pitching prospect on just about every list...Syndergaard is probably in the top 5 though.

Who is walker? never heard of him! I doubt an experienced poster like foul line has either!

Syndergaard has surpassed Walker IMO, and Bradley surprassed Walker this year. I think Bradley will be higher rated going into next year (and be more MLB ready) but I can see why people would take Sundergaard.

How have they passed Walker? Syndergaard I guess I could understand making a case for with his 2.0 bb/9. But there's no way Bradley has passed him. The numbers or scouting reports don't support that claim.

WOW Syndergaard got absolutely shalacked. Gave up 11 Runs (9 Earned) in 3 IP. I just don't understand things anymore.

Would you say hes worth more than Jzimm in a dynasty?

Would you say hes worth more than Jzimm in a dynasty?

Zimmerman is already a stud and only 27. I'm sure the Mets are hoping that Syndergaard will get to Zimmerman level.

Not trying to take anything away from Zimm, but Zimmerman has a career era of 3.40, whip of 1.17, k/9 is 7. not exactly a stud, but a good SP3 with upside of a low end 2. I think that if Noah ends up being what Zimm is, it might be seen as a little disappointment. They're hoping Noah becomes a high end SP2 with front line upside. K/9 between the 2 are not even close, but others have mentioned Walker and Bradley, both of whom have higher upsides than Zimm by a large margin, if Noah does meet expectations, the sky's the limit, great control with a fastball that consistently sits around 96, and can touch 98-99. Noah's one fault thus far is that he's hittable, needs his secondary pitches to take the next level, change is good, curve is becoming very good, if they improve, and he maintains his control, he should become a very good SP2-1, if not, then he can be compared with other SP3's, but like I said, that'd be a disappointment IMO.

Not trying to take anything away from Zimm, but Zimmerman has a career era of 3.40, whip of 1.17, k/9 is 7. not exactly a stud, but a good SP3 with upside of a low end 2. I think that if Noah ends up being what Zimm is, it might be seen as a little disappointment. They're hoping Noah becomes a high end SP2 with front line upside. K/9 between the 2 are not even close, but others have mentioned Walker and Bradley, both of whom have higher upsides than Zimm by a large margin, if Noah does meet expectations, the sky's the limit, great control with a fastball that consistently sits around 96, and can touch 98-99. Noah's one fault thus far is that he's hittable, needs his secondary pitches to take the next level, change is good, curve is becoming very good, if they improve, and he maintains his control, he should become a very good SP2-1, if not, then he can be compared with other SP3's, but like I said, that'd be a disappointment IMO.

Thats what I was thinking, hence why i wanted to ask that

For me, in a dynasty or even a deep keeper, where I do own Syndergaard, I'd take Noah over Zimm every time, but that's me, I love high upside arms that bring the cheddah.

Some will argue that Zimm has proven himself whereas, Noah is still in AA, they'll say take the proven commodity, but for me, stepping outside the box and taking a chance on a high upside player is what wins leagues, ( also, they can lose them as well), but in a dynasty, give me the SP2's with SP1 upside every day.

Good luck..