Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWrightStuff

Noah Syndergaard - SP NYM

Another overrated New York prospect. The guys they don't hype up end up being better than the ones they do. First it was Harvey over Wheeler and now its DeGrom over Montero and Syndergaard.

He isn't highly rated b/c he's in New York, trust me. He was highly regarded before he was traded to New York, and for good reason.

Another overrated New York prospect. The guys they don't hype up end up being better than the ones they do. First it was Harvey over Wheeler and now its DeGrom over Montero and Syndergaard.

He isn't highly rated b/c he's in New York, trust me. He was highly regarded before he was traded to New York, and for good reason.

And it's the Mets not the Yankees.... Is there any hype or excitement for the Mets anymore? I think it all went downhill when their stud prospect, the only thing the franchise was excited for in five years, got TJ.

Sounds like he'll be riding out the season in Triple-A and definitely has a chance to be up in September.

There's a chance he gets a call up this week for a Tuesday start with deGrom getting scratched. Between him, Montero, and Torres.

Even if he comes up it might be a spot start. Whatever the case he's no more than a stash and see in redrafts even with a call up.

How does this lame topic get so many comments when the Buxton vs Pederson topic has 0 comments? Who cares about the Mets.

Nobody really wants to compare prospects against each other. If you have a decision to make in your keeper league you're best advised to go to the Assistant Coach Forum.

Joc Pederson has a pretty big thread going for him as does Buxton. No need for a "vs" thread.

Safe to assume Syndergaard heads back to AAA to start 2015?

Barring a decision to for some reason carry him as a hitter, yes.

Michael Baron @michaelgbaron · now 32 minutes ago

Noah records his third K through 1 2/3 IP. He’s pitching, not throwing today. That’s part of what the #Mets want to see from him.

Michael Baron @michaelgbaron · now 16 minutes ago

Noah Syndergaard: 2 2/3 IP, 49 pitches, 1 hit. Yes!

In Mets We Trust™ @InMetsWeTrust · 17m 17 minutes ago

Noah Syndergaard with 5 strikeouts in 2.2 innings. Just 1 hit.

How does this lame topic get so many comments when the Buxton vs Pederson topic has 0 comments? Who cares about the Mets.

Great showing from Thor today. Huge future ahead of him once his path is cleared.

Must stink not having any Braves prospects to chime in about! GO MELVIN! :)

Pretty good article on Syndergaard's performance the other day against the Marlins:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/noah-syndergaard-vs-marlins-it-s-not-a-fair-fight-1.10048504

Midway through Wednesday's game, their work done for the afternoon, a few Marlins hitters retreated to the air-conditioned clubhouse beyond leftfield to cool off.

The humidity baking Roger Dean Stadium wasn't really the problem. It was the Mets' smoke-throwing duo of Matt Harvey and Noah Syndergaard that made them uncomfortable for six innings, the relentless barrage of fastballs ranging from 96 to 99 mph. Over and over.

"That [stuff] ain't fair," one Marlin said. "They need to give us aluminum bats or something."

Syndergaard also seemed to get better and finished strong in the sixth. He rallied back from 2-and-0 to whiff Michael Morse after a seven-pitch duel that ended with the Marlins' slugger flailing badly at a curveball. Syndergaard also dispatched Martin Prado, the former Yankee, with only four pitches, the last another great curve. By then, it appeared to be an unfair fight.

One scout was impressed by the movement on Syndergaard's fastball, but he had the luxury of tracking it from a safe distance -- in the stands behind the backstop. Morse, however, was too close for comfort. When we asked him about what he saw from Syndergaard's heater, Morse smiled and shrugged.

"It was coming too hard to tell," Morse said. "It was definitely a battle with him. He really did a good job executing his off-speed pitches, too."

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/new-york-yankees-ken-rosenthal-notes-mark-teixeira-carlos-beltran-san-diego-padres-vibe-031715

The news on Mets right-hander Zack Wheeler is grim, but one scout says of rising prospect Noah Syndergaard, “I’ve never seen a kid that big, throw that hard with that control.”

Syndergaard, 6-foot-6 and 240 pounds, has averaged 2.61 walks per nine innings in his minor-league career. That’s in the same range as Cole Hamels, Max Scherzer and Jered Weaver were in the majors last season.

From Ken Rosenthal. I'm always sort of skeptical when they say "one scout said..." I don't know, figured I'd post it anyway. Don't shoot the messenger.

Not the greatest of starts, how much longer are they going to keep him in the PCL? Not sure how much more he can develop in that park and league.

What's with the walks ? 6 BB in his first 7 2/3.

Edit: Just looked at his game log. He had 5 BB in 3 2/3 Saturday ? Ouch.

Big knock against him is the lack of consistency with control, it will definitely hold him back a bit. Needs to get that under control before moving up anywhere IMO.

His line tonight: 7 IP 2 H 0 ER 0 BB 9 K

Fastball consistently hitting 97-98. It was a complete game, he threw 83 pitches.

I wonder where this puts him in regards to competing with Montero to be next in line.