Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWrightStuff

Noah Syndergaard - SP NYM

Syndergaard is pretty much ready. He may not be fully polished, but he really has nothing left to prove in the minors. His raw numbers are fine and his totals seem more an effect of pitching in Las Vegas than anything. It surprises me he was not called up last year. I get that the Mets have depth (including Montero), but it would surprise me not to see him up soon.

Mets recalled RHP Rafael Montero from Triple-A Las Vegas.

Montero is being called up make a spot start Tuesday against the Marlins, which will enable the other Mets starters to all get an extra day of rest. Dillon Gee is coming off back-to-back solid starts, so it's unlikely that Montero will displace him in the starting rotation even with a strong performance.

It doesn't bother me that Syndergaard isn't getting the call for a spot start. I assume the Mets don't want to call him up until he has a permanent spot in the rotation. That may take an injury (or two) at this point, because Harvey, deGrom, and Colon aren't going anywhere, and Niese and Gee have been pitching pretty well. Montero is in the mix as well, so we could be waiting a while still.

This spot start was planned a week and a half ago. Montero was sent down specifically to stretch himself out for the start. At the time, Syndergaard was rehabbing from a spring injury and also had food poisoning. I wouldn't read much into this call up. I still believe Syndergaard is ahead of Montero. and I agree that Niese and Gee and the ones in the potential hot seat (Niese might get hurt, Gee is only okay)

Thu, Apr 30

Mets placed RHP Rafael Montero on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 29, due to right rotator cuff inflammation.

Advice: Montero was originally optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas after Tuesday's start against the Marlins, but that option was rescinded after he complained of shoulder tightness. The issue isn't believed to be serious, but it's unclear when he'll resume throwing.

(Rotoworld.com)

Amazin' Army @WE_ARE_MET_FANS · now 1 hour ago

Noah Syndergaard tonight vs. Reno: 7IP, 0R, 4Hs, 2BBs, 10Ks. That's two straight dominant starts for Thor.

Adam Rubin @AdamRubinESPN · now 1 hour ago

Noah Syndergaard 7 scoreless IP tonight. 100 pitches. Has tossed 14 scoreless IP and allowed 6 hits and 2 walks while K-ing 19 in 2 games.

Geez, ever since that fan mocked him on twitter, the guy's gone bonkers.

Wow, Do the mets have the best two major league ready pitching prospects right now? Sure seems like it..

Robert Brender @robertbrender · 49m 49 minutes ago

Noah Syndergaard's 1.66 era is currently the second lowest starters era in the PCL (Justin Nicolino 0.63 in pitching friendly New Orleans).

Decent article here on Syndergaard's start last night. I'll try to find something better, but this article has some interesting little notes:

http://risingapple.com/2015/05/03/mets-minors-noah-syndergaard-dominant-for-vegas-again/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wow, Do the mets have the best two major league ready pitching prospects right now? Sure seems like it..

Wait who is the other one? Matz?

Yup Steven Matz is the other one. They both touch 99 with the fastball. Very exciting for mets fans. Not so much for the national league.

Wait who is the other one? Matz?

Honestly I like Matz more than Syndergaard; both are real good but there is just something I like about Matz

Gee did fine today, so unless someone gets hurt, I do not see a promotion just yet.

Just because Gee did well yesterday doesn't mean the mets will stop looking to trade him. They've been trying to move him for a while now and they will.

Gee, I don't see many takes.

Syndergaard, according to Lennon's source, has an edge on fellow prospect Steven Matz due to his Triple-A experience. Once the Mets start Syndergaard's clock they may choose to just keep him in the major league rotation, so it's certainly worth monitoring. With guys like Dillon Gee making a start every five days, the club could choose to promote the top prospect at any poin

https://twitter.com/DPLennon/status/596088119931314176

I want to add this guy but I dont see a opening for him barring injury. I mean both Gee and Niese have pitched decent. I find it hard to believe theyd bounce either of them if they are healthy and doing ok. Could I be wrong?

Perhaps Dee gets traded to the Dodgers or someone desperate.

Perhaps Dee gets traded to the Dodgers or someone desperate.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for them. Weiland just got bombed and I believe Ryu had a slight setback. Gee is a good arm who can be an innings eater. We all know Anderson will get hurt at some point soon, and he puts a lot of weight on their bullpen with his short appearances.

So far 2-2 with a double and a two run home run

Oh he's a pitcher? 4 innings, 1 hit, 5 K's

Final line

8 ip 5 hits 2 ER 0 BB 8 k's

Ho hum, Should be up soon.

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, May 8, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, May 8, 2015 - No reason given

Ok everyone is on his nut sack (rightfully so) so i decided to scoop him up. Someone said the mets play 20 in a row coming up. He should make the leap during that span.