Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWrightStuff

Noah Syndergaard - SP NYM

Posted · Hidden by phatrat, May 8, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by phatrat, May 8, 2015 - No reason given

Ok everyone is on his nut sack (rightfully so) so i decided to scoop him up. Someone said the mets play 20 in a row coming up. He should make the leap during that span.

Same here and dropped good ole Ryu :)

Breaks my heart we gave up D'arnaud and Syndergaard for Dickey. Hated it then, hate it more now

http://nypost.com/2015/05/08/how-steven-matzs-ascendancy-has-motivated-noah-syndergaard/

Noah Syndergaard’s dominance for Triple-A Las Vegas continued with another gem on Thursday, and there is plenty of sentiment from within the Mets organization the stud right-hander is ready for a promotion should a spot open in what has been a strong rotation.

But the same holds true of lefty Steven Matz, who has nearly matched Syndergaard this season. Syndergaard was largely a disappointment in 2014 at Las Vegas, so why the turnaround?

“He’s got somebody pushing him in Matz and he’s a totally different guy now,” an organizational evaluator said. “[syndergaard] needed somebody to push him, and when he gets his opportunity in the big leagues, he’s got other guys there that are going to push him so he is going to be good.”

The Mets are considering adding a spot starter somewhere in the stretch of 20 games in as many days that begins Friday in Philadelphia, but whether it’s Syndergaard or Matz who would get the call may depend largely on who is closer to his normal turn in the rotation.

Matz is 4-1 with a 2.04 ERA and hasn’t benefited from the competition among pitchers as much as Syndergaard, according to the evaluator.

“Matz doesn’t need that,” the evaluator said. “But I really think Matz has really pushed Syndergaard. He’s determined. He’s a different guy.”

we already know from the latest information that if anyones getting a spot start its him - i dont know why this article suggests otherwise.

apparently Dee has a groin issue, and wont pitch this Sunday? since Syndergaard just pitched last night he wouldn't be available for Sunday?

Highly doubt it, theyll probably start Colon on Sunday. He'll be at five days of rest.

apparently Dee has a groin issue, and wont pitch this Sunday? since Syndergaard just pitched last night he wouldn't be available for Sunday?

of course not

Rumors it might be Matz starting there...not 100% sure on that though.

Confirmed on MLB tonight, he's starting Tuesday. Thor incoming!