Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holyBrowns

Zach Sudfeld 2013 Season Outlook

536 posts in this topic

With Hernandez out of the picture, Gronk and Ballard hurting, don't be surprised when you start hearing more and more about this guy. Has already opened eyes in OTAs. He's 6'7" and very athletic.

Good read from Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1677749-is-new-england-patriots-rookie-zach-sudfeld-a-viable-replacement-for-gronk

1 person likes this

I wouldn't put too much stock in Sudfeld. I believe Fells is the guy in NE until Gronk gets back.

A relatively unknown name but could be someone to keep in the back of your mind at the end of drafts. 6'7, 253 UDFA out of Nevada. Has had the injury bug bite him real bad at college but reports are that he has looked real good at camp. With Ballard being said to be looking terrible, Gronk hurt, and Hernandez wearing another type of uniform during the season this guy might have some early season value.

His numbers are pretty pedestrian at Nevada but their offense also isn't very conducive to TEs. If he has a good pre-season and finds himself in the starting lineup what do you guys think?

Edit: Mods can you give my title?

At first glance I thought his last name was Studfeld and got excited. No way that guy could fail. Sudfeld...ehh I'll keep an eye on him.

3 people like this

Brady trusts him already in preseason. There's a report that Brady is comfortable throwing to a spot, and letting Sudfeld go get it and make the play, knowing that Sudfeld will be there.

All the reports I just researched from OTA's all the way through yesterday's practice give the edge to Sudfeld as long as he keeps performing like he has so far this offseason.

Great hands, can block. There's really no downside here. I just drafted him late in the Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League 14-teamer (Round 13), and I would have taken him earlier if I suspected he was on more people's radar.

In the worst case scenario that Gronkowski's recovery from back surgery keeps him out longer than expected, this could easily be like when Antonio Gates missed Week 2 last season and Dante Rosario put up a 4 reception, 48 receiving yard, 3 receiving TD game.

It's the Patriots TE position, you NEED to have this guy on your roster (at the end of your bench).

3 people like this

That size. If Brady is liking him alot already he would be worth a very late sleeper to have just in case he cracks the starting job.

Sudfeld caught a 20-yard TD pass down the seam from Tom Brady today while practicing against the Eagles.

http://espn.go.com/b...ady-at-his-best

Brady on young receivers: A picture is starting to come into focus when it comes to some of the Patriots' rookies and their potential contributions, as Brady lauded some of them. "I'm proud of all those young players; we've thrown a lot of stuff at them. It's not like we're backing off because that's not the way our offense is; we've got to keep putting the pressure on everybody, whether it's Aaron [Dobson] or Josh [boyce] or KT [Kenbrell Thompkins] or [tight end] Zach Sudfeld," Brady said. Take note of the names Brady mentioned -- those are the young pass-catchers who have elevated themselves at this point. Dobson and Boyce were expected, while Thompkins and Sudfeld have been surprises.

Sudfeld caught a 20-yard touchdown on a seam route from Brady.

Take a guess who made this catch:

BQdRaQyCAAE_dHu.jpg

Brett Favre out of retirement possibly? He'd be my 2nd guess.

Take a guess who made this catch:

BQdRaQyCAAE_dHu.jpg

To be honest, looks a little bit like Gisele.

hype train all aboard. Probably worth a flyer as your backup or if youre the last one to draft a TE