Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pele

Eric Bledsoe 2013-2014 Season Outlook

I have been assuming the Clips would move Bledsoe in an effort to get pieces back that would entice CP3 to stay. Now that it seems bringing in Rivers has sealed the deal to keep him, does that change Bledsoe's immediate future? I heard Doc wanted to keep Bledsoe out of the negotiations because he wants to coach CP3/Bledsoe together. Anyone else hear that? Perhaps Doc gives him more run than VDN did?

Ultimately, a trade has to happen, right? Just maybe not as quickly as we thought...

I'd think he gets traded before his contract is up and he really holds no value to the Clipps. I doubt it is nearly as big a rush now that it looks like Paul is going to be there regardless.

Can anyone think of one team he gets traded to and becomes the starting PG for? Even if he does get traded?

Utah just got Trey Burke. Maybe Pho? I'm not even sure. Point is, I find it highly unlikely he gets traded to a situation that will be golden for him. He'd give really good fantasy value with ove 30 minutes a game, but people are overrating. Maybe 16-6 with a three and above average defensive stats.

Don't get me wrong, he'd be valuable, but not like James Harden was when he was unleashed minutes wise. Not close

If I was in a keeper league I'd sell him for someone believing he's a move away from being a superstar.

Can anyone think of one team he gets traded to and becomes the starting PG for? Even if he does get traded?

Utah just got Trey Burke. Maybe Pho? I'm not even sure. Point is, I find it highly unlikely he gets traded to a situation that will be golden for him. He'd give really good fantasy value with ove 30 minutes a game, but people are overrating. Maybe 16-6 with a three and above average defensive stats.

I'd love to see Bledsoe get 25-28mpg as the backup to Nelson in ORL, with his role increasing as the season went on. I think that would be a great situation for his development. As far as starting roles, and without regard to real trade possibilities, I'd love to see Bledsoe get the starting job in Dallas. ATL could be interesting too if RFA Teague isnt coming back. Detroit is probably a realistic place where he could start too, maybe timeshare with Calderon. Any way the Knicks could get Bledsoe?

As far as projections, id come down on the pts a little bit. Hes around 15ppg per 36, so in ~30 minutes i'd expect something like 12/4/4/2/1 with a 3 and good FG% for a guard. That's not a world changing line but it's a very serviceable one that could be an asset to many fantasy team builds.

Traded to the Suns, not really an ideal spot if they keep Dragic but what do people think? He will definitely get a lot more minutes

I like it. It might not be ideal, but I think Bledsoe will be soaking up most of Phoenix's SG minutes this year. As it stands, the only other SGs on their roster are Shannon Brown, PJ Tucker, and Malcolm Lee. For a rebuilding team, there's absolutely no loss in going a bit small in the backcourt with Dragic/Bledsoe.

I'll draft this guy in the mid rounds. Especially now that they're projecting that Bledsoe will start with Dragic.

Traded to the Suns, not really an ideal spot if they keep Dragic but what do people think? He will definitely get a lot more minutes

The reason I like it is that there is an incumbent starter at PG there, which means his price on draft day will be lower than it would if he had the reigns from day one. And I fully believe he will get around 30 minutes per game. As someone who is prioritizing him in the upcoming draft, that makes me very happy.

I'll draft this guy in the mid rounds. Especially now that they're projecting that Bledsoe will start with Dragic.

How high will you take him? He fits my H2H team build like a glove, but Im conflicted on where I should be targeting him. My gut says 6th round of a ten team draft, but that might be diminishing too much of his potential value. If you can scoop him up in the 70/80's I think you'd be in line for a great return on your investment.

Where do you think he should be drafted?

He's had so much hype surrounding his fantasy potential that somebody probably takes him off the board by at least round six of most drafts.

Yeah. With what he'd shown us when CP3 went down, I think it's possible that people will start targeting him in the 6th round. He's like the Kawhi for 2013-2014.

My projections for Bledsoe as a combo guard in PHX:

32 mpg, 12/5/4/1.8/1, 0.7 treys, 44% FG, 77% FT

If Dragic is traded and Bledsoe is the unquestioned starting PG:

36 mpg, 15/6.5/4.5/2/1, 1 trey, slightly worse FG%

Bad landing spot for Bledsoe in my opinion. Dragic as the starting PG + new coach = a lot of uncertainty regarding Bledsoe's minutes and role for this season. I see issues with him (6'1') and Dragic (6'4') as the starting PG/SG tandem. I hope I'm wrong because I've been waiting to see Bledsoe unleashed in a full-time PG role; however, PHX does not appear to be the place where this will be fully realized.

Bad landing spot for Bledsoe in my opinion. Dragic as the starting PG + new coach = a lot of uncertainty regarding Bledsoe's minutes and role for this season. I see issues with him (6'1') and Dragic (6'4') as the starting PG/SG tandem. I hope I'm wrong because I've been waiting to see Bledsoe unleashed in a full-time PG role; however, PHX does not appear to be the place where this will be fully realized.

Bledsoe is getting starters minutes for sure. The Suns have no one else.

Bledsoe is getting starters minutes for sure. The Suns have no one else.

They will have other guys to play SG by the time training camp rolls around. I'm not saying it's a total disaster for Bledsoe's fantasy value but he and Dragic will both drain some playing time and PG stats from one another. It would have been nice to see him land in ORL or somewhere else where he was clearly the PG of the future.

I really don't see why Bledsoe at SG is such a stretch. Is he going to be undersized? For sure. But does he have the strength, quickness, and defensive ability to capably fill in at the 2? Absolutely. The dude might be little but he's built like a tank. Phoenix could easily go with Dragic/Bledsoe much like Boston does with Rondo/Bradley.

I just hate seeing Bledsoe constantly in a back up role or being stuffed into the 2 guard spot because hes so athletic. I hope he walks from Phoenix next year so we can see what hes made of as a starting pg. He needs to work on a lot of aspects of PG play such as dissecting defenses to pick his spots and being able to control the tempo, but he has real promise and is a nightmare on defense.

Obviously im a huge heat fan, but imagine this guy on the Pacers? Id make them .01% underdogs vs the heat.

I really don't see why Bledsoe at SG is such a stretch. Is he going to be undersized? For sure. But does he have the strength, quickness, and defensive ability to capably fill in at the 2? Absolutely. The dude might be little but he's built like a tank. Phoenix could easily go with Dragic/Bledsoe much like Boston does with Rondo/Bradley.

Not saying that Bledsoe and Dragic won't and can't play together at PG & SG. They will drain somewhat on each other's fantasy value as opposed to if it was one or the other at PG paired with a pure SG. Also, having a 1st time HC in Hornacek is a wild card as well. Bledsoe should still be solid just not as much upside, in my opinion, compared to if he were to have gone to a team where he would have been the clear starting PG.

Defensively, I think youre right. There shouldn't be too many issues with Bledsoe guarding SGs because of his strength, length, and athleticism. It's amazing that a guy that size can get the blocks he does, and it's because he's supremely gifted physically. So im not worried about him defensively at the 2.

The main concern is how Bledsoe would do playing off ball on offense. We know he's not a spot up shooter, so he's going to need the ball in his hands if his scoring and ast numbers are going to be good. Ultimately I think that hurts Dragic, who is a pick and roll guard and has a tendency to over dribble.

As good as the rondo/bradley duo is on D, it's deeply flawed offensively. I think Phoenix would have even more trouble because Rondo is clearly a superior player to Dragic and Bradley might be better than Bledsoe.

Not saying it won't work, but I think the doubts are legitimate.

Bledsoe should be pretty underrated since his stats are not generally sexy so to speak. He will probably shape out to be a good solid glue guy who doesn't hit many 3's but will provide a boost in the steals and give solid reb and assists for a guard. Then again all it takes is one person to get giddy during draft time.

Bledsoe should be pretty underrated since his stats are not generally sexy so to speak. He will probably shape out to be a good solid glue guy who doesn't hit many 3's but will provide a boost in the steals and give solid reb and assists for a guard. Then again all it takes is one person to get giddy during draft time.

Last season, Bledsoe in 12 games as a starter: 14 pts, 5 reb, 5 ast, .6 3PM, 2.5 STL, 1.3 BLK in 34 minutes/game.

Bledsoe should be pretty underrated since his stats are not generally sexy so to speak.

I disagree. People have been waiting a long time for Bledsoe to get starters minutes. I can see owners reaching for him in a lot of drafts.

For people that realize how many standard deviations the steals that Bledsoe gets, he will most certainly not be underrated. Since this is a fantasy forum for people who in general have way more than the average level of fantasy acumen, and people still can't be convinced that something like 2.5 steals is every bit as valuable as 25 points I have to say he will be underrated in a lot of drafts. I'm not saying I'm projecting him for what he averaged starting as a PG for the Clippers, but I will say people underrate guys that don't get a bunch of points. Bledsoe should be a solid value in an average draft. He may go a bit early in some "expert" drafts, but that's always going to happen when a guy gets a change of scenery.

He could get something like 14-5-5-2 steals-1 block with palatable percentages for a guard and be a top 50 player with ease.