Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holyBrowns

6/30/13 - Nationals @ Mets Gameday Thread

22 posts in this topic

Nice little pitching match up today, Wheeler 2 Ks through one, Gio laboring a little in first but just struck out Byrd, first and second, two outs now.

Same problems for Wheeler. Not tipping pitches anymore just sucking. This should be a good match up for him.

getting closer and closer to the drop zone...

Yupp. I don't want to but if he can't pull it together after the rough start, then I just don't know.....

He's gotta learn to pitch on the inner-half, everyone's just sitting on his off-speed and away stuff and driving it. Throwing a fastball down the middle fo the plate to LaRoche also doesn't help. You have to have elite control in the bigs, he doesn't have it.

Please take him out. He is single-handedly about to cost me a win this week if this continues.

How is it that he manages to breeze through the Braves, but gets roughed up by the white sox and bryce harperless nationals.......guess that's just baseball.

From what I've seen, he has control issues. His stuff isn't good enough to erase all of his mistakes. So he gets into trouble and has to pitch it down the middle. With the terrible Mets bullpen and lineup, I'm walking away from Wheeler this year. Maybe we'll see something from him late summer or next year.

How is it that he manages to breeze through the Braves, but gets roughed up by the white sox and bryce harperless nationals.......guess that's just baseball.

He didn't exactly "breeze through" the Braves, either. He walked 5 in 6 innings and was quite lucky to not give up any runs.

The Braves had 9 baserunners against him but were pitiful hitting with RISP. It was a miracle they didn't score a run that game.

Yeah I recall watching that game, and I'll eat some crow. But still he had a nice outing against the toughest team he's faced.

Yeah I recall watching that game, and I'll eat some crow. But still he had a nice outing against the toughest team he's faced.

The braves were in a deep hitting slump. The whole team was hitting like crap. The fact they got 9 guys on base in 6 innings does not make me feel good. Especially when the day just before the braves got shut down http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=330617115 .

I'm holding wheeler for now, but he has in no way been good so far. I don't plan on starting him his next start and if he doesn't show much improvement within a few starts from now I'm done with him. He's got the potential to be real good, I just don't know if thats gonna happen for him this year.

Way to keep tabs on everything this year ^ Good job! Can we finally move on from that comment, how much crow do u want me to eat? Anyway, back to the match up. I'm afraid to watch....

Once he gave up that HR to LaRoche, he just unraveled. He's gotta learn to put the past behind him and make his pitches

Wheeler needs to work on command and his breaking ball but more than anything the dude needs a new lid- that 10-gallon puffy cap he's wearing is not Show