Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gameover413

Starting a 10tm 2qb keeper league...

So myself and 9 of my friends who are in the same leagues year after year decided to do a keeper league. This is my first time running a keeper league. If you have played in one before, could you please fill me in on the gist of it. Say I drafted Russell Wilson in 10th round... If I keep him, that would cost me my 10th round pick?

Any and all information helps... Thanks!!!!

There's hundreds of options on ways to set it up, but the main categories of "styles" would be:

1. Keep players at the previous Round,

2. Keep players as each team's first picks (Rounds 1, 2, 3...),

or 3. Keep players at escalated Rounds (i.e. +3 rounds = 10th rounders become 7th rounds; 4th rounders become 1st rounders)

With #1, you kinda need to employ a maximum number of "Keeper" years each player has, or someone who "finds" a late round stud (like Arian Foster or Mike Vick a few years back) may have a monster advantage over your league for a while.

#2 is the most "fair" and closest to a redraft as there's no value designations from the previous season, teams just have to decide if they want to keep a Player at a 1st round value, then if the 2nd Keeper is worth a 2nd round pick, etc.

With #3, you have a limited amount of time to keep anyone, at some point the player will become a Top 3 Round "Keeper" at which point they may no longer be kept.

I run mine where you keep players at a cost of 2 rounds ahead of where they were drafted and FA pickups for a 15th rounder. We only keep 3 players and they have to be at different positions.

The options really are limitless though.

I run mine where you keep players at a cost of 2 rounds ahead of where they were drafted and FA pickups for a 15th rounder. We only keep 3 players and they have to be at different positions.

The options really are limitless though.

This is pretty common, however I prefer the "escalation" to be an Odd number of rounds -- the reasoning behind this is, if you do an Even number, then the team that gets the #1 overall pick, also picks first in the first Round of eligible Keepers, I think that's too big of an advantage to the top pick(s). With an Odd number of rounds, the #1 pick gets the LAST pick in the first Round of eligible Keepers (and the team that picks last in the first round gets the first pick in the first eligible Keeper round).

Example (2 Rounds)

#1 pick gets pick 3.01 as well which is the top eligible Keeper player;

#10 pick gets pick 3.10, so they get the worst pick in the first round AND the first keeper round.

Example (3 Rounds)

#1 pick gets pick 4.10 as well which is the last pick in the first eligible Keeper round;

#10 pick gets pick 4.01, so they get first pick in the first keeper round.

I starts one this year and the league decided on keeping three players limit one per position. First kept year will be the round they were drafted. Second year becomes adp

I starts one this year and the league decided on keeping three players limit one per position. First kept year will be the round they were drafted. Second year becomes adp

Make sure to set a source of where you're getting ADP from beforehand so there's no controversy.